fabric pots what are they sitting on

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

what do you guys sit your fabric pots on ? i do not plan to be watering to runoff this time so i do not think i need anything sitting under these pots this time

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Outdoors. I like PVC. Bigger pots, bigger diameter. But have used chunks of wood from the woodpile, 4 x 4‘s, etc. I want as much airflow over under around and through as possible. I think it’s one of the basics to do from the get-go along with several others that will all add up to a smoother healthier grow. Just my opinion. None of my pots sit on the ground outdoors.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I use 1"×1"×12" styrofoam blocks cuz I had them already, I can break into smaller pieces if needed. I heard some use golf balls, seen someone cut the bottom off a milk crate and used that under the pot. Even seen someone use bottle caps. Personally I wouldn't use wood under them indoors, could grow molds.

FourPlants

FourPlants

Search for pot elevators. If you look at my profile its what my buckets in my system sit on.

mancorn

mancorn

I use a homemade pallet with casters (on a patio). But the wood will only last a few years as it will mold and rot. Definitely do not let the pots sit on a wooden deck (or any surface that you want to keep pristine).

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Search for pot elevators. If you look at my profile its what my buckets in my system sit on.
ive been looking for these for ages, cant find them anywhere - well defiantly not in australia

SSgrower

SSgrower

I found 12" plant stands at Dollar General $3.00 fit my 3 gal. bags perfect, helps bring the plant up to the light and gives you space to lower for when they get taller.

elduderito

elduderito

I use the the green IFCO crates that vegetables are delivered and transported in - they fold and stack and come in various sizes - I can fit four large ones pretty much perfectly in my tent which gives me 4 quadrants that I can raise in increments of about 6" , when folded flat they are only about 1inch tall - allowing me to maximize height in my tent ... it makes it easy to managed an even canopy in a perpetual garden, which requires lots of re-arranging as plants are in all stages of growth with wild differences in size and stretch ..

20210120 161922

20210805 011648

20210804 223215
GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

I get those Grow-Pro elevators cheap at either of my local grow shops. Amazon also sells them in 10 packs. Screen grab was only a visual example of what I use.

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

I bought some 14 inch diameter plastic saucer type pans, they aren't cheap( will take up to a 10 gallon bag) but they do contain the runoff and I leave the bag directly on top of the pan. Any runoff will be sucked back into the soil in a half hour or so. I never did the heavy watering with gallons of runoff. I did try flushing once, it was a lot of added work, I think just cutting off the feed would have similar effect, but I just grow for myself and don't have to please anyone. If I was concerned about it sitting in water I'd lay gravel under the bag, it's cheap and effective

Latest posts

Top Bottom