Facebook and the end of the earth..

• Thread starter LeroyBrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Oregonic

is this really what you guys think about, thinking and talking shit about facebook is equally as gay as using it

I think folks are addressing the cultural changes in relationship to social media popularity. Social media has forever changed our society and some of us feel it is for the worse and not the better of our world.

You know whats really lame... people who use sexual orientation as an insult to others.

I have a Facebook page for my company and I talk shit about facebooks impact on us as a whole...... guess that makes me gay, I will be sure to inform the Mrs. "Honey, we need to talk. Someone on the interwebs just told me I am gay. I know, I know it was a surprise to me too! Who knew that's why I wanted to try anal with you?!?!":ridinghorse:

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

many of my "friends" have tons o' hate for me simply because i don't post there everyday (if at all) , don't use the app on my blackberry, & don't engage in trivial social networking style conversations.

these same people believe i am fucking nuts & anti-social because imo facebook is a huge waste of time.

the only way i can get in-touch with my best friend is via facebook.

call him, forget it.
text him, maybe he'll respond.
facebook him, instant response.

when i called him an "internet fag" he was completely offended.

i don't want to tout my academic credentials, though i do laugh out loud over the antisocial label, but whatever happened to... you know where i live... and you know how to find me ...just stop over and see me.

remember when?

real life dickheads have now become virtual dickheads in real life.
Funnest real life post i can relate to in long time~ To funny.....:bandit

O

Old HAGgler

is this really what you guys think about, thinking and talking shit about facebook is equally as gay as using it

dang man this is the lounge area i thought this was straight....

then again my parents taught me if you dont have something nice to say dont say anything at all.

but i guess not everyone can have good parents....

Illmind

Illmind

Technology sucks ass it's just a way to invite unwanteds into your life. Can't run a red light without getting a ticket mailed to u. Can't get into the projects without being on camera and show ID. Go outside and all u see is people txting talking on cellphone or listening to ipod. If u ask me its them who are anti social. That's all this younger generation knows is phone apps and social websites it's ridiculous. Now when a little kid has a question they got google. Shit back when you had to learn the hard way.. Like is it a good idea to stick my dick in a blender? Well I guess I'm gonna have to find out for myself. These days u can just google it and save yourself a penis. It's fucked up I tell u!

R

RMCG

Yep. Gone are the days of asking your parents 'why or what is that' and getting the standard 'Look it up!' answer, which for me, meant pulling out encyclopedias.

Far more was learned during that time I think as it was the original 'wiki' leading you around through different things while investigating the answer for your original question. Now you just get it faster...

BUT I do LOVE technology as the explosion of information, rate of change and new ideas that have come from being able to converse with people across the globe far easier than ever before. Amazing times we live in if you think about it...

M

mrdizzle

I think folks are addressing the cultural changes in relationship to social media popularity. Social media has forever changed our society and some of us feel it is for the worse and not the better of our world.

You know whats really lame... people who use sexual orientation as an insult to others.

I have a Facebook page for my company and I talk shit about facebooks impact on us as a whole...... guess that makes me gay, I will be sure to inform the Mrs. "Honey, we need to talk. Someone on the interwebs just told me I am gay. I know, I know it was a surprise to me too! Who knew that's why I wanted to try anal with you?!?!":ridinghorse:

You don’t see the irony of sitting around a social marijuana chat room, complaining about a social network that your not involved with. I guess some of us have bigger fish to fry.

I didnt really think you were gay until your little fake convo with mrs honey, now I do

O

Oregonic

You don’t see the irony of sitting around a social marijuana chat room, complaining about a social network that your not involved with. I guess some of us have bigger fish to fry.

I didnt really think you were gay until your little fake convo with mrs honey, now I do

Yet... here you are, talk about fucking irony.... POT MEET KETTLE! If you have such a big problem with it, don't read/reply to the fucking thread. The farm has a purpose to me... a community of like minded people who are helping me learn to grow pot. Facebook is also a tool to be used for a business that needs quick access to portfolio's and most of my customers fucking use it....... There is no diff, never implied there was.

Rather be thought gay then be confirmed a prick. You win, bro :anim_19:

M

mrdizzle

I guess I have the same problem with whats happening on the farm as you do with social media. I used to be able to come to the farm and click on about any thread to check out nice grows. Now I have to hunt down a good grow show and avoid all this bandwidth wasting crap like how gay facebook is or how to turn your neighbors christmas light into a inline fan

O

Old HAGgler

dont look for grows in the smokers lounge area - go to the "grow diaries"

just my opinion.... its worked for me...

O

Oregonic

I guess I have the same problem with whats happening on the farm as you do with social media. I used to be able to come to the farm and click on about any thread to check out nice grows. Now I have to hunt down a good grow show and avoid all this bandwidth wasting crap like how gay facebook is or how to turn your neighbors christmas light into a inline fan

Wow, I apologize for taking up the bandwidth with a single post on a cheap ass fan for under 10 bucks, stupid ? Sure, and I am sorry for not meeting your standards with my diy post, keep in mind this thread was posted in the smokers lounge, a place set a side for shit like this and the fan was in the DIY section, you win again. Why do you keep coming back to this thread you hate so much, your crop/goldfish/aunt die and u just need to be a dick??

Peace out, I will be sure to ration my bandwidth better....:indifferent0023:

R

RMCG

It's funny. I felt the grow shows slowed down a bit too, and that's why CAME to the Smokers Lounge.

M

mrdizzle

its def has slowed down, I go to new posts when I come here as to not miss anything, but its backfired, I see everything

R

RMCG

its def has slowed down, I go to new posts when I come here as to not miss anything, but its backfired, I dont miss anything

I have never hit the 'New Posts' button so many times on a forum as I have in the past month or two.

Oh well, things are cyclical.

1080p

I think I got more done on the internet with a 2400 baud modem and lynx/pine/elm than I do now on a 50Mbps connection...

I just posted that as my Facebook status. I hope i get some likes off it!! lmao.

M

mrdizzle

haha yes, all this downtime is making me check my facebook account more

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes, facebook can be a focus killer JUST LIKE THIS THREAD is starting to become.

FOCUS is very important.. like when you hit the new post button, are you FOCUSED on the threads YOU want to read or are you FOCUSED on all the other crap? There are 2 different worlds here... which one do you live in?

If your not living to enrich your quality of life AND others, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING ON EARTH??

Seconds turn into minutes which turn into hours which turn into days and YOU CAN NEVER GET THEM BACK. EVER.

What are you doing with your minutes?

Latest posts

Top Bottom