Facility manager in oklahoma

• Thread starter Sloptopp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sloptopp

Sloptopp

Haven’t posted in forever had to make a new account but I’ll start posting in here if people are down to talk about cultivation. Probably will be posting mainly crop steering tech, bulk fertilizer regiments, ethical and sustainable growing practices. I’ve built out a 4000 sq ft facility with a process facility that produces bho- infused blunts. I run 55 lights in flower with 1 tech we are vertically inter-grated with 1 dispensary location we typically gross 1.5-2 mil a year historically. Would love to talk with some smarter people than me!

_B_

_B_

Haven’t posted in forever had to make a new account but I’ll start posting in here if people are down to talk about cultivation. Probably will be posting mainly crop steering tech, bulk fertilizer regiments, ethical and sustainable growing practices. I’ve built out a 4000 sq ft facility with a process facility that produces bho- infused blunts. I run 55 lights in flower with 1 tech we are vertically inter-grated with 1 dispensary location we typically gross 1.5-2 mil a year historically. Would love to talk with some smarter people than me!
I’ve always wondered why the lights are so much higher in commercial grows compared to tent/closet growers. Other than tents having hight restrictions is there an advantage to them being so high

Sloptopp

Sloptopp

I’ve always wondered why the lights are so much higher in commercial grows compared to tent/closet growers. Other than tents having hight restrictions is there an advantage to them being so high
So with hps it has a longer wave length typically the fixtures are raised higher, there are also some super powerful LEDs that need to be raised. I use a ppfd sensor to gauge the distance of my lighting so I know my starting height at the start of flower is 3 ft and my typical height after the plants are done stretching are around 6 ft so as long as my par is 1000 at 6 ft that’s my ideal light height

Reactions: _B_
_B_

_B_

So with hps it has a longer wave length typically the fixtures are raised higher, there are also some super powerful LEDs that need to be raised. I use a ppfd sensor to gauge the distance of my lighting so I know my starting height at the start of flower is 3 ft and my typical height after the plants are done stretching are around 6 ft so as long as my par is 1000 at 6 ft that’s my ideal light height
Would there be a disadvantage to running them at a lower wattage, closer to the canopy? Seems like it would save on electric

Z

Zill

Sloptop,

Your commercial experience is great. Question: have you seen growers incorporate UVB lighting?

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Would there be a disadvantage to running them at a lower wattage, closer to the canopy? Seems like it would save on electric
You won't get the full wavelength of the light...

JKash

JKash

Supporter
How often are you harvesting??? What made you go with hps over LED? As someone who had the potential to be the person you are now... im just curious... last minute my investor, his wife was diagnosed with cancer, so he decided not to pursue the cannabis venture last minute

Sloptopp

Sloptopp

With hps bulbs they need to be at 100% to achieve the right spectrum and intensity. Unlike LEDs

Reactions: _B_
Sloptopp

Sloptopp

How often are you harvesting??? What made you go with hps over LED? As someone who had the potential to be the person you are now... im just curious... last minute my investor, his wife was diagnosed with cancer, so he decided not to pursue the cannabis venture last minute
I harvest every 3 weeks, and hps are cheaper upfront cost. We bought all of our equipment for the entire garden from a grow that shut down due to a couple issues lol and I gutted that entire grow to build out everything in my garden. I’m talking about cutting down all the pvc supply’s, all the unistrut from hanging lights and other things I used to build all my veg tables, straight macguyber everything for 30k for all of my equipment lol

Sloptopp

Sloptopp

Sloptop,

Your commercial experience is great. Question: have you seen growers incorporate UVB lighting?
Yeah I’ve seen some cats checkerboard them in just doesn’t seem like a super consistent foot pattern On the plant canopy. I use uv lighting in my air handlers and know of people who use it for fungicidal use. They’ve came out with these dope simple under canopy lights curious if this is something they could work towards implementing from the bottom probably more consistent through the canopy.

Sloptopp

Sloptopp

Just realized how terrible my video came out lol

Sloptopp

Sloptopp

11E36FFB 7290 4B59 89F0 25CA32808BDE

JKash

JKash

Supporter
I harvest every 3 weeks, and hps are cheaper upfront cost. We bought all of our equipment for the entire garden from a grow that shut down due to a couple issues lol and I gutted that entire grow to build out everything in my garden. I’m talking about cutting down all the pvc supply’s, all the unistrut from hanging lights and other things I used to build all my veg tables, straight macguyber everything for 30k for all of my equipment lol
I would slowly start changing over to LED... as someone who kind of "spied" on other facilities... almost everyone agrees that yes upfront costs are more cheap... but long run costs your gonna save more than that initial start up... im sure your battling the heat quite aggresively??? Cost of constantly replacing bulbs after 3 cycles... your gonna cut your environmental control by 50% in expenses....just something to think about down the line...

JKash

JKash

Supporter
Yeah I’ve seen some cats checkerboard them in just doesn’t seem like a super consistent foot pattern On the plant canopy. I use uv lighting in my air handlers and know of people who use it for fungicidal use. They’ve came out with these dope simple under canopy lights curious if this is something they could work towards implementing from the bottom probably more consistent through the canopy.
Using UV-C is what is used for fungacide... that is 1)horrible for the eyes 2)killer bad for plants....
best if hidden in your intake...not exhaust ...vents to hide light from plants and scrub air

Sloptopp

Sloptopp

Using UV-C is what is used for fungacide... that is 1)horrible for the eyes 2)killer bad for plants....
best if hidden in your intake...not exhaust ...vents to hide light from plants and scrub air
Yeah I have them in my returns I have sealed rooms

Sloptopp

Sloptopp

I would slowly start changing over to LED... as someone who kind of "spied" on other facilities... almost everyone agrees that yes upfront costs are more cheap... but long run costs your gonna save more than that initial start up... im sure your battling the heat quite aggresively??? Cost of constantly replacing bulbs after 3 cycles... you’re gonna cut your environmental control by 50% in expenses....just something to think about down the
I would slowly start changing over to LED... as someone who kind of "spied" on other facilities... almost everyone agrees that yes upfront costs are more cheap... but long run costs your gonna save more than that initial start up... im sure your battling the heat quite aggresively??? Cost of constantly replacing bulbs after 3 cycles... your gonna cut your environmental control by 50% in expenses....just something to think about down the line...
yeah, maybe something to look down the road. We’re crushing it right now under hps and switching to LEDs also means having to readjust all of our ac units and rig up reheat on 3 more units

Sloptopp

Sloptopp

Not including a capital expenditure of 40k for LEDs and won’t see a real return for at least a couple years, not including being in a market that is killing off the rest of medical business with coo’s which has costed us an additional 20k to get up to a brand new code that no other industry is held to ever. on top of an additional increase of 36k in yearly regulatory fees while weed is being sold for 1000 a unit for top shelf so a lot of the things we wish we had doesnt happen. The hard part of this industry is doing a lot with a little while all the cards are stacked against you and still surviving and putting out bags that people want. It don’t matter what equipment I use I’m gonna kill it regardless even if I bang my head on cement a couple times during the process lol

Top Bottom