FACTORY VISIT REPORT - Grow Lights Australia

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Hi farm fam. Was able to get to the Grow Lights Australia factory this morning, and I'm pretty excited by what I saw. I can say with confidence I've found my new grow light!

It's a small factory, the owner is a total techno geek who is happy to talk about PAR and the benefits of UV and any number of other topics for as long as you want - and I wanted. He has designed these products from the ground up, and each is hand assembled. The first thing I noticed was how sleek they are. They are clean and all the wiring is subtle and well fitted. The wires are from Germany, and the fittings are Italian. This guy has basically scoured the globe for the very best example of everything from the diodes down to the wire hangers. Those he couldn't find so he designed his own that sling over the bar and have a slide ratchet at one end that releases with the squeeze of a thumb.

The heat sinks are substantial and chunky, and these things weigh like they mean business. He uses double the thickness copper wire, and the finish on everything is seamless. He has invented his own silicon acrylic that gives the water resistance and stretchability of a silicone with the hard finish of acrylic. I love being able to talk to the guy that makes it and see how he has arrived at each decision. They remind me of a Porsche with all the black brushed metal. They look good.

Diodes are a mix of Australian made and Nichio from Japan. He'll happily show you the test results that show the Nichio 3030s are more efficient than Samsung by some margin. He's covering some serious spectrum here - from UV to far red - so there's a serious mix of LEDs. The model I'll be buying is this one:

Two of those side by side for 680 true watts to the boards. I can't wait to do my next run with these - and will do a diary on here of course! They have testing that shows up to a week shorter flowering compared to a number of major brands. I am likely running clones of one of my current girls next run, so can do a halfway reasonable comparison of timings.

For me it's a no brainer to buy a light where the guy who does the repairs and backs the warranty is the guy who makes it and is five minutes drive away 😂. But I suggest anyone who is looking, even overseas, to consider these. I nearly pulled the trigger on Lumatek Zeus 650, this is going to cost me $100 less and from what I can see offers more. I checked costs with postage to US/Can/UK, these still end up cheaper than buying comparable lights retail over there. Crazy.

Cheers all, I like supporting local businesses making quality handmade products, hopefully this was of some use to someone. Aussie buyers should be looking at this as a first option methinks. Just a couple pics.

Third one is the side by side setup I'll be running. But I suspect I'll add the buddy lights from the first pic ☺️

Factory visit report   grow lights australia
Factory visit report   grow lights australia 2
Factory visit report   grow lights australia 3
sambapati

sambapati

Just a heads up I don't get anything for this. Just sharing info with the farm. Not selling anything ☺️
I have a friend, that has a friend that has a friend. Thanks for sharing this and they look really cool. So many times we forget the satisfaction of long term quality and settle for coins in the pocket. Look forward to your grow.

Top Bottom