Fall Fade. Let's See It.

• Thread starter Tasty Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Veggies a usually pulled weeks early... Whats the link between pot and maters?

If you push nutes like most do then you need a flush... Anocyanins are directly linked to antioxidants... You can eat a green banana... Ill take the one that lost chlorophyll
I definitely do not push the nutes at all. 1.6 in week 3 of flower is as strong as I get. I do use drip clean before the flush...Thing is in rockwool, it's much easier to flush drain to waste compared to coco.
I've gone w/out flush a few times. I gotta go with my experience, unless you can tell me what I'm doing wrong?
If I don't flush, I don't even want to consume my own product.
I've done fine with yield. I actually don't know If I can cram anymore colas in a given space.
That scrog, under a 600, pulled almost 1k grams, and I do better with my normal method. Yes, genetics play a big part, but even with lower yielding strains, under 1k's if I don't pull 2 per, I screwed up, or it was a low yielder, and chucked. There ARE great stains that yield
I Don't like talking yield often

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I definitely do not push the nutes at all. 1.6 in week 3 of flower is as strong as I get. I do use drip clean before the flush...Thing is in rockwool, it's much easier to flush drain to waste compared to coco.
I've gone w/out flush a few times. I gotta go with my experience, unless you can tell me what I'm doing wrong?
If I don't flush, I don't even want to consume my own product.
I've done fine with yield. I actually don't know If I can cram anymore colas in a given space.
That scrog, under a 600, pulled almost 1k grams, and I do better with my normal method. Yes, genetics play a big part, but even with lower yielding strains, under 1k's if I don't pull 2 per, I screwed up, or it was a low yielder, and chucked. There ARE great stains that yield
I Don't like talking yield often

If your in a sterile medium ...hydro considered..then most only LEACH for like 48 hours.
And i dont generally talk yield because your blue dream or whatever will beat my grinspoon or whatever everytime... Its a dead argument yields. Not to mention some way shit half wet... Waste of time on that debate.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

G2 knows his shit too, just diffrent philosophy than Braz. Let' see if a non flusher can explain how/why it' best not to flush.
From my experience, plants don't get larger during the last 2 weeks, but rather harder, and put on the majority of it's weight. The taste is far better, unless I've been missing something big. Been growing for a min now.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

If your in a sterile medium ...hydro considered..then most only LEACH for like 48 hours.
And i dont generally talk yield because your blue dream or whatever will beat my grinspoon or whatever everytime... Its a dead argument yields. Not to mention some way shit half wet... Waste of time on that debate.
Agreed. I will say grinspoon would be a challenge. I grew Blue Dream back 2010 or so. Market got saturated, and not worth it.
I grow mostly my own crosses. I find some high quality monsters when BXng. Good genetics will almost always.......
That plant in the SCROG is chocolate Diesel. Bone dry will still hit the mark. I take a ton of pride in my work. I'd never leave anything remotely damp. Dry, stick, wth trics on the table after rolling a J

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Agreed. I will say grinspoon would be a challenge. I grew Blue Dream back 2010 or so. Market got saturated, and not worth it.
I grow mostly my own crosses. I find some high quality monsters when BXng. Good genetics will almost always.......
That plant in the SCROG is chocolate Diesel. Bone dry will still hit the mark. I take a ton of pride in my work. I'd never leave anything remotely damp. Dry, stick, wth trics on the table after rolling a J
Read part 6...https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/content/47-the-last-weeks-of-blooming

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Yeah man, I've read that. I agree with the majority.
I'm my large spot, I do 9 plants a table (in runoff mesh bottoms) drain to waste. Canopy being level is key! I'll train each plant to 4 tops. I cut off all the suckers usually week 2-3, and direct all energy to colas. The Col cut of Tahoe is not known as a yielder, and even fighting a broken mini split, I still hit my goals. GREAT tasting strain. Colas break down to hard as rock, golf all sized nugs

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Would like to see you and Braz exchange philosophy. Either way, I'll learn something for sure. Would be interesting to say the least.
Btw, do you have a Grinspoon? Cool looking plant, nice to have a headstash

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Yeah man, I've read that. I agree with the majority.
I'm my large spot, I do 9 plants a table (in runoff mesh bottoms) drain to waste. Canopy being level is key! I'll train each plant to 4 tops. I cut off all the suckers usually week 2-3, and direct all energy to colas. The Col cut of Tahoe is not known as a yielder, and even fighting a broken mini split, I still hit my goals. GREAT tasting strain. Colas break down to hard as rock, golf all sized nugs
Its also not really about cell density when it comes to quality for the seasoned smoker.... I would rather have smooth fluffy white ash smoke over the dense sparkler. Likely if you run the same thing over and over you find the max yield... Max yield doesnt mean best smoke either

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Its also not really about cell density when it comes to quality for the seasoned smoker.... I would rather have smooth fluffy white ash smoke over the dense sparkler. Likely if you run the same thing over and over you find the max yield... Max yield doesnt mean best smoke either
Completely agree!!!!!
Thing is the ave smoker doesn't want that. That's who I mostly have to cater to.
Shit, where I am now, EVERYTHING is "LOUD" "SD. They see something diffrent, the get hesitant....Untill they actually try it.
Majority of bud out here is Cali (not very good) outdoor

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Completely agree!!!!!
Thing is the ave smoker doesn't want that. That's who I mostly have to cater to.
Shit, where I am now, EVERYTHING is "LOUD" "SD. They see something diffrent, the get hesitant....Untill they actually try it.
Majority of bud out here is Cali (not very good) outdoor
Hahaha funny story... A pound or 5 got shipped(i know the shipper well) east and the guy trimmed it well and vac sealed it... The recipient was pissed to find dense ass nugs when he expected fluffy golfballs of crystals... Its all about the buyer no matter what.

To some a hard nug zipper looks shorted... BAG APPEAL before smoke quality to some.

Its a crap shoot like a used car salesman

Now none of this matters as far as fade... Fade is fuckin science not human opinion

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Hahaha funny story... A pound or 5 got shipped(i know the shipper well) east and the guy trimmed it well and vac sealed it... The recipient was pissed to find dense ass nugs when he expected fluffy golfballs of crystals... Its all about the buyer no matter what.

To some a hard nug zipper looks shorted... BAG APPEAL before smoke quality to some.

Its a crap shoot like a used car salesman

Now none of this matters as far as fade... Fade is fuckin science not human opinion
Lol, I just think some fades look awsome, but I wasn't expecting to run into 2 guys that know their tems, seem to have experience, so I'll look at whoever sends the pretty pics.
Yeah, where I am now almost all consumers expect that super machine trimmed, outdoor nugs. Where I do my real growing, it's completely different.
The very crystally fluffy sativa, or hazed get a glance, then go to the hardest nugs with the same smell "loud" lol.
Hope the dude still got paid, as a lb, or 5 will take up lots of room. However will be ruined once sealed

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Lol, I just think some fades look awsome, but I wasn't expecting to run into 2 guys that know their tems, seem to have experience, so I'll look at whoever sends the pretty pics.
Yeah, where I am now almost all consumers expect that super machine trimmed, outdoor nugs. Where I do my real growing, it's completely different.
The very crystally fluffy sativa, or hazed get a glance, then go to the hardest nugs with the same smell "loud" lol.
Hope the dude still got paid, as a lb, or 5 will take up lots of room. However will be ruined once sealed
To this guy that customer is a drop in the bucket and excess risk....

Back to topic....
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18476875/
If your plant is green at chop you fucked up.

I dont even claim pot growing experience... Thats kinda funny to me.... I taught 6-7th grade science...this is the kind of crap you learn in 9th grade ag... Not even college yet.

You learn why it does it in fall too(has to do with temps and electric conductivity)

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

To this guy that customer is a drop in the bucket and excess risk....

Back to topic....
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18476875/
If your plant is green at chop you fucked up.

I dont even claim pot growing experience... Thats kinda funny to me.... I taught 6-7th grade science...this is the kind of crap you learn in 9th grade ag... Not even college yet.

You learn why it does it in fall too(has to do with temps and electric conductivity)
Nothing wrong with teaching science pretty much at any grade past 6th. Teachers have the access to some great info, especially science.
So, Idk if you read how I ran the SCROG, or how I run my nutes?
I cut off anything with N, halfway through flower Basically anything halfway, including cal/mag *Botanicare 2-0-0, Silica week 5 * depending on length of flower except P,K drip clean, and I like cutting edge Sugaree. In a Hempy, I'll flush for 10 days, and same with rockwool. Anything else will be 2 weeks, or longer..especially in coco, and just a bit diffrent in peat.
I find I get the best colors, taste this way, and I still get the yield (although I did question myself with Braz) Taste, and look are very important for diffrent circumstances. Was you degree in biology?
I also had mentioned I'v been doing this with bag seed outdoor since '88, and that's scarey.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Nothing wrong with teaching science pretty much at any grade past 6th. Teachers have the access to some great info, especially science.
So, Idk if you read how I ran the SCROG, or how I run my nutes?
I cut off anything with N, halfway through flower Basically anything halfway, including cal/mag *Botanicare 2-0-0, Silica week 5 * depending on length of flower except P,K drip clean, and I like cutting edge Sugaree. In a Hempy, I'll flush for 10 days, and same with rockwool. Anything else will be 2 weeks, or longer..especially in coco, and just a bit diffrent in peat.
I find I get the best colors, taste this way, and I still get the yield (although I did question myself with Braz) Taste, and look are very important for diffrent circumstances. Was you degree in biology?
I also had mentioned I'v been doing this with bag seed outdoor since '88, and that's scarey.
88...i would be 2
I cut N at flip .... Try a salt based bloom booster... I like growtek 0-50-30

No in accounting.... I have been taking ag, bio, physics and geology classes since highschool....thermodynamics is fun... Unfortunately i dont have the time in as many growers but i know a lot from regular plants and have grown in several states north and south east and west.... Arizona water sucks sometimes...florida coast guard really sucks.... Northern nevada water is as bad. It all grows plants and fades

You can change colors with ph and temp

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

88...i would be 2
I cut N at flip .... Try a salt based bloom booster... I like growtek 0-50-30

No in accounting.... I have been taking ag, bio, physics and geology classes since highschool....thermodynamics is fun... Unfortunately i dont have the time in as many growers but i know a lot from regular plants and have grown in several states north and south east and west.... Arizona water sucks sometimes...florida coast guard really sucks.... Northern nevada water is as bad. It all grows plants and fades

You can change colors with ph and temp
Lol, that scares the crap out of me. I should be in 10th grade (emotionally)
You made some great points, and this might work "feeding to harvest" ya said you can change color too by changing ph. I've been doing that a long time. It causes lockout, hence color change, and that' why half my flush is not ph'd (is that what you meant?)
Same here Texas, Col, N.Y., Pa, Mass. Texas is a bit nerve wracking, but $$$$, I'm past the statute lol. Texas water sucks, I did a bit of traveling 2-3 weeks ago. Visited pops in Flo.Tex, Flo, and Pa have HORRIBLE WATER!! I know a few growers from Indiana...said water comes out with 9 ph, and 600 ppm....fuck that! NY has the best water 25 ppm from TAP in newer homes. (City water comes from Canadian border)
I got a couple degrees, even though I have dyslexia, I retain info well. I'd have gf's type for me.
My degrees are pretty worthless. VS in Psych, and Music. I guess I coulda went back and got masters, but I never wanted to live on life' terms.
Speaking of Flo CG, well, I'll pm ya

Last edited:
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

This is a cool pic. I just rolled 1 up. I need to start collecting this. I like mine about bone dry, sticky, but won't turn to dust. If ya zoom in, looks like Reich's are growing out of plactic

20180124 225550
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Lol, that scares the crap out of me. I should be in 10th grade (emotionally)
You made some great points, and this might work "feeding to harvest" ya said you can change color too by changing ph. I've been doing that a long time. It causes lockout, hence color change, and that' why half my flush is not ph'd (is that what you meant?)
Same here Texas, Col, N.Y., Pa, Mass. Texas is a bit nerve wracking, but $$$$, I'm past the statute lol. Texas water sucks, I did a bit of traveling 2-3 weeks ago. Visited pops in Flo.Tex, Flo, and Pa have HORRIBLE WATER!! I know a few growers from Indiana...said water comes out with 9 ph, and 600 ppm....fuck that! MY has the best water 25 ppm from TAP in newer homes. (City water comes from Canadian border)
I got a couple degrees, even though I have dyslexia, I retain info well. I'd have gf's type for me.
My degrees are pretty worthless. VS in Psych, and Music. I guess I coulda went back and got masters, but I never wanted to live on life' terms.
Speaking of Flo CG, well, I'll pm ya
Ph changes alk and acidity with will turn maybe a purple anthocyanin red maybe... Now a natural fall comes when the tem
p drops.. Which tweaks electric conductivity in a root system... This drops nute uptake and the plant or trees or whatever use stored energy in leaves.... This breaks down your green chlorophyll leaving you your ....anth....what is it called again? This is a natural process protecting a LOCKED RIPE plant from winter photo exposure.

This is a good read on photo time and pigment.. Color, ph, time...so if your plant is fading and you panic and add nutes at the end to "fix" it...what the fuck are you wasting money for?
http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/why-do-leaves-change-color-fall/

Last edited:
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Ph changes alk and acidity with will turn maybe a purple anthocyanin red maybe... Now a natural fall comes when the tenp drops.. Which tweaks electric conductivity in a root system... This drops nute uptake and the plant or trees or whatever use stored energy in leaves.... This breaks down your green chlorophyll leaving you your ....anth....what is it called again? This is a natural process protecting a LOCKED RIPE plant from winter photo exposure.

This is a good read on photo time and pigment.. Color, ph, time...so if your plant is fading and you panic and add nutes at the end to "fix" it...what the fuck are you wasting money for?
http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/why-do-leaves-change-color-fall/
Shit, can't spell very well lol. Anyocane, or something remotely similar lmao.
Yeah, on the post that has 3 pics, I explained the purp plant handled mid 30's like a charm.
Was I wrong when I said to Braz cutting back the N (or purposely locking out) will cause a change in colors.
That's one of the reasons I HATED the 1 time I used the AN A&B. The A is 3-0-0, but cal mag throughout????? It's crap that can very easily taste like hey.
How is that spelt/pronounced?
I kinda have the plants tell me what they needed, or what's wrong

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Anyway, I'm not gonna quest ion what works. If I can find something to help me, he'l yeah I'll use the info, even if I can't say, spell, or prounounce why

Top Bottom