false wall help

• Thread starter bevin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bevin

bevin

I have just set up an area that it 3' by 6' and am running 400 watts'. My question is what to use to cover a false wall. Right now I have black plastic running along the frame I built out of 2x3's and stapled the plastic to it. However I cannot easily get in with out undoing a corner and re staple it every time. Any suggestions?

sky high

sky high

Thought these were only at the hydro stores/etc but looks like Casa De Pot is also gettin in on the action...

420Gator

420Gator

why not? get some hook & loop tape backed with 3m adhesive put one side on the plastic one side on the wall...... maybe wrap/staple the end of the plastic around a thin strip of wood if u want a more sturdy feel

T

TheGreenHand

ok man first things first'the velcro idea is good if u wanna stay cheap and keep using the plasUtic. btw what gauge is the plastic......ie,is it thick or thin? the thicker the better.......'tha whatt she said'.
honestly though if you have the cash the false wall is your best option, for security reasons obviously.

humbtrin

humbtrin

can you hang drywall or plywood? years ago when this game was much more hush hush my room was behind a false wall. i thought i was pretty clever with my door. i built a bookshelf door you pulled a certain book that had a line attached to it that was connected to the latch, pull the book door comes open i glued things to the shelf so they wouldnt fall when door opened. it doesnt sound like you have theroom for your door to open inward but phret not because you can make a sliding door using a thin track say from a closet the door wood close on to magnents ( have you seen the cabinets like that) when you press on itpanel or door pops out to track allowing you to slide door. Of course you could use velcro or one of those stick on zipper guys.

bevin

bevin

thanks guys I ended up putting in the full wall and made a small door out of a piece of drywall and have a piece of styrofoam board covered with black plastic, works great I'll get pics as soon as I can.

Top Bottom