Fan leaves in the way!

• Thread starter LA Woman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Skunkenstein

I never remove Fan Leaves ever..I'll trim away a few small scraggly fuckers down low..But never the Big Fans!! They are the Engine that Keeps the whole Plant running.They absorb Light to create Energy, Function as the Lungs for Transpiration, store Nutes,Ect,ect.Toward the end of the cycle, the plant will Canabalize all remaining Nutes stored, and the Leaves will Yellow and Fall off on their own anyway..all those stored Nutes go into Bud Development...''Grow it, and You will Know it''!!

L

LA Woman

Shoreline thats pretty indepth info. Thank you. I hope you and everyone else understands my issues. In a nut shell I'm just scared. Its a bad thing that I have to be scared to load a simple picture of a plant. Also I'm sure people on here have loaded pics for years without issue. Maybe I'm being paranoid but, can you be too careful when it involves your freedom? Again as un-just as I believe these so called "laws" are against marijuana.

L

LA Woman

I never remove Fan Leaves ever..I'll trim away a few small scraggly fuckers down low..But never the Big Fans!! They are the Engine that Keeps the whole Plant running.They absorb Light to create Energy, Function as the Lungs for Transpiration, store Nutes,Ect,ect.Toward the end of the cycle, the plant will Canabalize all remaining Nutes stored, and the Leaves will Yellow and Fall off on their own anyway..all those stored Nutes go into Bud Development...''Grow it, and You will Know it''!!

Well skunkenstein I am growing and I did experiment so one way or another I will find out which one works best.

S

ShorelineTex

Maybe I'm being paranoid but, can you be too careful when it involves your freedom?

You are absolutely right. If it makes you feel uncomfortable to post something, then don't let anyone (including me) prod you into doing it!

R

Rolln J

I grow in hydro - I dont need stored nutes!

L

LA Woman

Hey Rolln J That makes alot of sense. Hydro basically gets what it need 3-4 times a day as soon as they get fed. I guess thats why hydro is so quick to show a problem from ehat I've read. My next grow will be side by side 50/50 grow. Half soil and half hydro. That way if I mess up with hydro I still have my soil. But I may do half soil, and half hempy buckets. What do you think about hempy or freedom buckets?

R

Rolln J

part of my grow atm is 6 buckets with coco and perlite 75/25 and Im digging it - as long as your home to water it consistently hempys are great!

L

LA Woman

Thats good to hear because my clones are looking ok in soil at the moment (been 9 days) and I started 13 good bagseed in 2 liter bottles with all perlite just to see how it goes. I am growing them 12/12 from seed with only perlite. Hope it goes well. Meagan.

R

Rolln J

long time ago I did a mix of perlite/vermiculite and lava rock 33/33/33...

worked very well! I have heard of people having success with perlite in drip systems - as it doesnt hold much water.

L

LA Woman

I know. I really have to keep my eye on them. I kinda wish I had put some vermiculite in there but, live and learn. Plus I didn't have any :)

L

LA Woman

Just a little update guys. All the stems that were cut off are now brown at the stalk like they are closing up. No ill effects as I can see and as a matter of fact 1 of my AK47 has had major growth in the last 2 days. I was amazed when I woke her this morning, it looks like all here buds doubled in size over night. Will keep you posted on my findings. Meagan :)

T

Truth Hurts

An effective trick is to take the middle blade off all the major fan leaves. You'll get better light penetration but still have your solar panels intact.

L

LA Woman

An effective trick is to take the middle blade off all the major fan leaves. You'll get better light penetration but still have your solar panels intact.

Its worth a try but, I will hold off since I have done alot to them this week. Plus if i start doing too much you don't know what hurts or what helps. Meagan :)

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Will deff be interested to see how this turns out. Please keep us updated Meagan.

I think the info about what commercial growers do really makes me thing cutting off is way to go. Now i really want to go in there and start trimming some leaves but the lights just went off...

L

LA Woman

An update. The ak47 that I trimmed almost all the leaves off is getting really hard buds and turning about half amber. I can squeeze the top cola and it doesn't move. Its very dense now. Growth doesn't seem to be affected at all. On one of the ak47 that I trimmed alot off it has grown alot of new leaves and buds at the top cola. We will see but as of right now the trimmed plants are looking better.

M

mrdizzle

right on LA woman, with all the debate back anf forth about plucking fans leafs, no one has ever done a side by side picture. I just took down my room that i didnt pluck any fanleafs from and the kolas buds were not any bigger, i just had a bunch of buds that werent developed effecting my over all yeild, so I really wonder why people stand behind the no pluck law

S

Sway

not plucking fan leaves is bullshit. like i tell all newbies with growing, YOUR NOT GROWING LEAVES, YOUR GROWING BUDS! get those large fan leaves out of the way of your buds light. your resin will be much more intense on ALL of your buds, and ur lower buds will still fill in and be finished like the rest. I strip my plants hardcore before going into flower, then at 3 weeks in. When growing any kind of indica hybrid then you need to strip larger fan leaves and any leaves that are blocking bud sites or your yield will suck. The buds kick into overdrive when u give them light and uncover them.

DIZ- people stand behind the no pluck law because thats what jorge cervantes told them to do in their new copy of his book. plucking off large fan leaves doesnt effect the stored sugars within a plant, there are just to many other leaves for the plant to feel it, same with the plants ability to continue photosynthesis. your plant will thank you ten times over if you expose its bud sites EARLY in bloom.

R

Rolln J

only thing about plucking fan leaves is if you do too much at once it will shock the plant for a day or so...

S

Sway

your right J, definitely gotta take it easy on them...i grow larger plants so they can take it a lot better... also do several sessions of removal, not just one big one. most of my cutting and training is done in veg... J, theres a puppy that keeps callin your name right now!

Top Bottom