Fan leaves turning yellow and dieing

• Thread starter rwagner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rwagner

rwagner

I'm not sure what's going on with my grow but the fan leaves are turning yellow and breaking. Any ideas?
Fan leaves turning yellow and dieing

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Clawing up some sort of nute lock out maybe heat ph process of elimination is key good luck getting on top of it though👍

rwagner

rwagner

Clawing up some sort of nute lock out maybe heat ph process of elimination is key good luck getting on top of it though👍
How do I go about testing for nute lockout? We're using foxfarms grow big, big bloom and tiger bloom and half the recommended usage.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Check your runoff ph and ec values to make sure your in the sweet zone I run coco so water to 20percent runoff every time it uses heaps of nutes but makes sure I have a stable ph and ec at the root zone where it really matters👍

rwagner

rwagner

Check your runoff ph and ec values to make sure your in the sweet zone I run coco so water to 20percent runoff every time it uses heaps of nutes but makes sure I have a stable ph and ec at the root zone where it really matters👍
Please forgive my newbness. What does ec stand for?

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

It’s electrical conductivity same as ppm just worded different.

chinacat420

chinacat420

How do I go about testing for nute lockout? We're using foxfarms grow big, big bloom and tiger bloom and half the recommended usage.
I’m kind of late to this party! I use the same FF as you, at half the recommendation. I have learned that with FF, you have to pH you water every time during flower. Repeat: EVERY TIME. It’s a PITA but you will see the results. I also check the pH of the runoff too (roughly every 7-10 days), and adjust the water accordingly. I also start adding cal-mag (1 tsp/gal as on label) every other watering (add after pHing water) when I flip to 12/12. Use the cal-mag by itself, do not add it to the FF nutes. Just an FYI: my water is rainwater or well water if rain barrel is empty or it’s winter.
I don’t remember who the farmer on this forum is, but he gave me the above info when I started having repeat issues during flower with my 2nd grow, and I was growing different strains than my first grow. He also recommended maintaining a soil pH range of 5.8-6.5 (5.5-7 at lowest/highest). Amazon sells the pH test kits as well as digital pH meters. I am most grateful to the unknown farmer for taking the time to help me out…my third grow looks awesome, thanks to him! Good luck, I hope this will help you with your next grow!

Latest posts

Top Bottom