Fan Leaves w Blobs of Sap in Veg???

• Thread starter Animal Chin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I have found sap like material on some fan leaves on one of my plants in veg??? I first noticed it a couple weeks ago and got kinda paranoid because its a big ol blob. It looks like a dab. I smelled it and its sap from the plant for sure. I cleaned the leaf and forgot about it until last night I noticed its back???? I'm sure you all want to see a pic and tonight ill try and grab one but unfortunately I smeared it again to smell it but I can at least show a pic of what's left. I can tell you all this though...it's happening on a Cherry AK x Alien Diesel plant. It's happening on top of the fan leaf and its happening in veg and week 1 of flowering. The room is dialed, no pests or mold. 100% Organic soil w/ ACT. I've been doing this since 92 and haven't come across this before so hopefully it's a blessing. Btw these blobs are rather large...like the size of a pencil eraser.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Probably just a bit of organic matter leftover from Alien "the man with the golden dick"'s last visit. Before entering the garden, did ya forget forget to wipe your Chin, Danimal?

;)
Lol.

All jokes aside Dan, ive seen this in my garden too, though not on fan leaves or in veg, but in/on/under developing flowers. As Dynamite said above, most growers ive talked to or seen post info on this usually relate it to high "brix" levels in the plant, which makes sense in my garden for sure. Kind of a cool thing to see actually. I believe both Waayne and Baba G have seen this a fair amount as well. Anyway, cheers Dan, hope all is good bro. Motiv

waayne

waayne

Hey Dan does the sap look like this?
IMG 8515

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I have found sap like material on some fan leaves on one of my plants in veg??? I first noticed it a couple weeks ago and got kinda paranoid because its a big ol blob. It looks like a dab. I smelled it and its sap from the plant for sure. I cleaned the leaf and forgot about it until last night I noticed its back???? I'm sure you all want to see a pic and tonight ill try and grab one but unfortunately I smeared it again to smell it but I can at least show a pic of what's left. I can tell you all this though...it's happening on a Cherry AK x Alien Diesel plant. It's happening on top of the fan leaf and its happening in veg and week 1 of flowering. The room is dialed, no pests or mold. 100 Organic soil w/ ACT. I've been doing this since 92 and haven't come across this before so hopefully it's a blessing. Btw these blobs are rather large...like the size of a pencil eraser.
cocoon or yummy? Did you taste it?

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Probably just a bit of organic matter leftover from Alien "the man with the golden dick"'s last visit. Before entering the garden, did ya forget forget to wipe your Chin, Danimal?

;)
Lol.

All jokes aside Dan, ive seen this in my garden too, though not on fan leaves or in veg, but in/on/under developing flowers. As Dynamite said above, most growers ive talked to or seen post info on this usually relate it to high "brix" levels in the plant, which makes sense in my garden for sure. Kind of a cool thing to see actually. I believe both Waayne and Baba G have seen this a fair amount as well. Anyway, cheers Dan, hope all is good bro. Motiv

Hey buddy just because you used to blow that golden dick on youtube on a regular basis doesnt mean you get to take out your frustrations on me. I think that thin air is fucking with your head. ;)

I have a Grape Stomper that does that..damn near drips onto the leaves below..

In veg or flower?

Hey Dan does the sap look like this?
View attachment 327553

What up brother Waayne...no it doesnt look like that ?????? it looks like bho???? and its on fan leaves in veg????

Its super sticky and reeks like the plant. Im aware of sap sometimes dripping from buds in flower such as the pics you all provided but havent ever seen it in veg. If you recall though a couple weeks ago on the phone I told you I see crystals on these leaves under the scope and that was mid veg. It will be interesting to see what comes of this.

heres a pic and its all the white spots you see...they turn white from the flash
IMG 4913

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Looks like somebody's been jerkin it in your grow spot. Time to have a talk with the crew about cleaning up after themselves

But in all seriousness I wouldn't be worried unless you've seen something crawling around, as some bugs will leave a residue

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I agree it does look like someone's been dropping loads :) but no one goes in there except me. I've got the room on video plus its dead bolted and pad locked ;) it's also not from a bug because the room is sealed...plus when you walk in now you have to go through plastic doors also so there's not even a single gnat in there. After I tore down my last grow from broad mites I became even more anal about prevention. Using ACT teas with soil makes it close to impossible to keep all bugs out because of the smell but I've managed. I scope the leaves twice a week and nothing :D. I do have a digital scope besides the loop I use and maybe tonight ill use the digital to take some pics. I'm not worried at all because the plants couldn't be happier but at the same time who's leaving snail trails???

Noones dropping loads in here :D

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
I was thinking same thing after seeing the pic. Even though they can be seen with the naked eye, they can be elusive, especially when they're not moving, sometimes just look like a tiny piece of garden debris, but their bite marks/scars are very recognizable.

Heres a recent pic of some cuttings with damage from thrips. Sorry, another shitty one, but you can see the similarity.
IMAG0705

I can get a better one later if needed Dan. I Still have a few of the lil buggers around.
Motiv

waayne

waayne

In that pic it looks a bit like the residue I occasionally see after doing a foliar with ACT and Caps bennies, but that residue isn't sticky......
From that pic is does look a little like thrip damage, but I'm guessing it's not thrips.......Dans room is as clean and sterile as a laboratory

Get the digital scope out Dan and get us some pics, if it's thrips you're gonna see bite marks and typical thrip damage

Hey motiv you might try spraying those thrips with No-Mites ,the oil in it smothers them:)

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Can't talk right now guys I'm chilling with the forum cut :D

Btw it's not thrips. Thx for all the comments everyone. Those white spots are a clear liquid...the camera flash made them look white :) After I finish with this horrible work day Ill get some macros up.

Top Bottom