Fan leaves

• Thread starter Nooby701
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nooby701

Nooby701

First time growing not shire whether or not I should cut some fan leaves any opinion on whether I should or should not, and if so which ones? Thank you. They are 2 diff plants BTW.

Fan leaves
Fan leaves 2
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
If you are outdoors, you usually don't have to remove any leaves because the sun moves and usually covers the entire plant during the day. If it gets too massive, a few leaves removed wouldn't hurt but as things are currently, I wouldn't change a thing. Looks good!

Madbud

Madbud

Leave the fans but i pluck the lowest branches to increase yield. They’re good for clones but take a lot of energy from the upper bud sites.

Nooby701

Nooby701

If you are outdoors, you usually don't have to remove any leaves because the sun moves and usually covers the entire plant during the day. If it gets too massive, a few leaves removed wouldn't hurt but as things are currently, I wouldn't change a thing. Looks good!
Thank you! Really appreciate it man

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thanks!, not really sure what you mean by support tho?
When your plants are flowwering, they get a lot heavier and can often snap branches off or damage them. A tomato cage or bamboo poles are good for supporting heavy plants and branches. Some buds can get massive and weigh too much for the branch to support.

Nooby701

Nooby701

When your plants are flowwering, they get a lot heavier and can often snap branches off or damage them. A tomato cage or bamboo poles are good for supporting heavy plants and branches. Some buds can get massive and weigh too much for the branch to support.
Ohh ok thanks! Hopefully I will have to use it!

chinacat420

chinacat420

First time growing not shire whether or not I should cut some fan leaves any opinion on whether I should or should not, and if so which ones? Thank you. They are 2 diff plants BTW.
Outdoors I’d just leave them, for the reasons others have posted. If you are growing indoors, look up from the bottom of the plant, up towards the light. From that perspective it’s real easy to see which fan leaves would be the best ones to remove. Nice plants, btw!

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Some strains dont mind pruneing one bit, it slows other strains for a few days, leaf tuck instead bc your plant looks ok.

Top Bottom