fan/odor question for tent

• Thread starter JayBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Hi All- I am just starting with a DR120 grow tent. It is 1x1x2 meters. When i was ordering a fan I got a little mixed up with CFM and CMH and ended up with a fan that is 175 CMH. That works out to 102 cubic feet per min. I have that paired with a 4 inch Phat filter. Passive intake.

Do you think this is going to be able to deal with smell? Because of where i live i can not just return this fan and to get new one at this point would be very expensive. On the other hand would rather spend the money than risk smell getting out.

First grow will be Blue Cheese from Barneys.

Thanks in advance for your advise!

JB

U

ukcheesehead

well i grow in a 1m sq bud box and use a rvk 125 and filter .i grow ukcheese and tell the truth the filter dont realy do a thing . maybe stops 25% of the smell

U

ukcheesehead

my ducting runs up into my loft . good thing is the smell up there has got rid of the bats . lol

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Thanks for the input- I am definitely thinking I am going to have to get a new fan and filter... which is too bad as it is going to cost me a lot to buy and then ship to asia!

UKCheese has me worried though. If the 125 does not help with his cheese I am going to have problems- 6inch/150mm fan gonna be what I will need?

I am going to be growing 6 plants first grow, in a 4 pod system from esoteric. Will be running a 600w HID with seperate ducting and fan to control the temp. (This is a weak booster fan)

I am not as worried about temp now as I am about smell. It is always hot here so I am going to have to run A/C no matter what.

One more thing- I have read that active intake is not as good as passive intake especially for controlling smell (negative pressure i think)- I think it may have been in the FAQ here that i read this.

Thanks for the comments and help!

JB

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
PS- Ozone scares me too, heard stories of people killing themselves accidentally...

K

Kilo

id get the new rvk L1 125mm 410cfm with a 125/300mm 600cfm phat filter it will only be 10cfm less than a 150mm A1 rvk with the benefit of being lighter for tent ;) also get yourself a small vapourtek ...great bit of kit..i can toke in room and with in minutes its smelling great and it wont damage your health ..i hope that helps as ive just been battling with 2x tents this morning for 3.5 hrs ffs

all the best m8

K

Kilo

hey u can get an industrial one for about 200+ and one thats 80 quid with cartridges ... it lasts 2-3 mths strawberry vanilla fresh clothes etc etc loads of lovely fragrances that will do the whole drum ;)

pukka kit bro..but ozone might be better for your situation and the way your using is probably the best way...as i know a few folk that have grown with ozone and there weed dried with no smell lol also anyone who knows what ozone smells like will be able to tell were the gro is ;) ...but i can highly recommend vaporutek from experience

ripz these tents are a pain in the arse but liking the quality :) it took me far longer to get 2 x dr100 up than a 2mtr2 hydrogarden one ...still at it now bro...just having a toke break ;)

K

Kilo

i'll give u fudgepacker :mad0223: :bong-hits:

i agree that curved door is a bit fookin tricky but im liking em..i think the material is strong? have u got the street versions...I'm nearly there now so pics will be coming fast and furious! my new fan is making a strange noise as if its kicking up a speed every now and again??... never had that before?? new location is tight as an ants arse...i couldnt put a 2.4x1.2 in there so i opted for 2x100's ffs

soon come ;) hehe

B

Batman

I got a gl120 it's the same size as the dr. Should I be alright with a 6 inch rated for 275-300 cfm? If not I can buy more carbon and make it longer. I dunno if my Stanley blower flows more than 300 though.

B

Batman

Carbon scrubber rates at 275-300 I mean. LOL very stoned I get lost some times when thinking and typing and some words get lost somewhere from my mind to my fingers

Top Bottom