Fan position

• Thread starter Mommag71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mommag71

Mommag71

Ok. So when we had our rooms set up, we had oscillating fans set up all around the room. We had a visitor come in the other day and he says the fans are too high. They’re probably about 7’ up? Is that too high? He said they should be lower and blowing more into the plants? Curious because the guy who set up our rooms supposedly was very experienced as well. You can sort of see them in the pic.

Fan position
BigCube

BigCube

The 2 main things we require fans to do in a grow room are.

To aid in transpiration. This allows the plant to shed off excess heat and moisture, preventing heat stress and mold/mildew.

To be sure this condition is met, hold a lighter flame at your plants canopy level. If the flame is flickering and dancing, you're good to go.

The 2nd main reason is to create a inhospitable environment for pests. Most pests do not like windy environments.

To be sure this condition is met, your leaves should be dancing. Not crazy, but dancing none the less.

If these conditions are met, your fans are serving their perpous 👍

Mommag71

Mommag71

The 2 main things we require fans to do in a grow room are.

To aid in transpiration. This allows the plant to shed off excess heat and moisture, preventing heat stress and mold/mildew.

To be sure this condition is met, hold a lighter flame at your plants canopy level. If the flame is flickering and dancing, you're good to go.

The 2nd main reason is to create a inhospitable environment for pests. Most pests do not like windy environments.

To be sure this condition is met, your leaves should be dancing. Not crazy, but dancing none the less.

If these conditions are met, your fans are serving their perpous 👍
That is exactly what they’re doing. Awesome! Thank you!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah too much wind on the plants is actually detrimental.
I set mine up like MiMed, so they blow between the canopy and the lights to displace the hot air around the lights upward.

Mommag71

Mommag71

Yeah too much wind on the plants is actually detrimental.
I set mine up like MiMed, so they blow between the canopy and the lights to displace the hot air around the lights upward.
I’ll try to get a video to show how it is. If I need to get them moved I sure will! I want the best for my babehs!

Latest posts

Top Bottom