fan speed controller help asap

• Thread starter hashcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hashcat

so this ones been bugging me forever

I just want a control that will simply control thespeed of my fan to a specified setpoint with day and night.

every day/night controller I've tried constantly has the fan kicking on and off. even the mercury 3 that's supposed to regulate fan speed and not just on/off, and the speed WAS rwgulated, but was still constantly turning off and on.

right now I just go in at lights on and off to adjust my speedster controller from 100% during the day and down to 25% at night. not a big deal, but id like to automate it so I don't always have to be home at 8am & 8pm

maybe there's something that does this but I can't find it

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i dotn know if there is a product might just have to maybe set it on a timer and just have it on for 15 mins at a time when you want it turned down

sky high

sky high

On this unit you set the temp you want..... and the fan speeds up or slows down to keep that temp according to a preset 'ratio" of full speed.

I run it @ 20% lights off. I set the temp dial just above the temp of my lights off room...and when lights come on it will run full speed until it cools the space back down to that preset temp (wherever you set it) and then it will again slow down to your preset ratio.

You will have to add/wire in the outlet box on the side for your plug ins but it's just regular Black/white ground type wiring... so no big deal if you understand basic electrical outlets/etc.

The "Grozone" does about the same thing...no wiring necessary...but the quantum model is built far more sturdy for the extra $$$, IMO.

I've been using one of the quantums for 5+ years now and it has worked well. I have my intake and exhaust fans set on the same contoller...they ramp up when lights come on...and slow down lights off. I never have to do shit.... LOL.

you will fucking dig it

good luck

s h

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I think this is what youre looking for

hiboy

hiboy

My buddy bought a speed control for his scrubber fan.. 25 bucks at the hydro store.
runs it at low at it works great..
goodluck

D

Donkdbz

I have used the Grozone Temp V2 before it does what you want. Plus there is less hum from the fan when its at lower speeds then a speedster.

H

hashcat

thanks guys. so does once it ramps up and cools down the room and then slows down, does it tend to stay at that level until lights out? the problem with the mercury 3 is it would ramp up, slow down, and then turn off..repeat repeat. repeat. ..not good because my neigjbors might hear my 12" fan turning on every 15 sec...and I'm sure that's not great for the motor. oh and at night instead of running on low, it turns off completely, leaking smell!!

thanks guys!

H

hashcat

so the merc3 I had is the same thing as the tv1. with the tv2 and quantum, does it use the setpoint during theday and switch to idle at night? I do believe that's what I want

I just can't have the fan turning all the way off, ever. and preferably as little speeding up and down as possible

sky high

sky high

Both are temp controlled. If you set your temp to be just below the temp of "lights out" in your room (say, 60-65), then it will stay at "low" speed (whever that is for you/your room) until the nights come on...the temp raises....and the contoleer senses it needs to run the fan full spped to cool the space. Once the lights are on and the fan is on it won't cool the space back down to 65 (in my space anyway) so the fan runs the entire time the lights are on and doesn't go back to low till they go off.

hope that helps

s h

J

Jalisco Kid

On this unit you set the temp you want..... and the fan speeds up or slows down to keep that temp according to a preset 'ratio" of full speed.

I run it @ 20% lights off. I set the temp dial just above the temp of my lights off room...and when lights come on it will run full speed until it cools the space back down to that preset temp (wherever you set it) and then it will again slow down to your preset ratio.

You will have to add/wire in the outlet box on the side for your plug ins but it's just regular Black/white ground type wiring... so no big deal if you understand basic electrical outlets/etc.

The "Grozone" does about the same thing...no wiring necessary...but the quantum model is built far more sturdy for the extra $$$, IMO.

I've been using one of the quantums for 5+ years now and it has worked well. I have my intake and exhaust fans set on the same contoller...they ramp up when lights come on...and slow down lights off. I never have to do shit.... LOL.

you will fucking dig it

good luck

s h

5 years in our environment is killer. Only my chiller/a/c's have lasted longer.

Top Bottom