Fans Off At Night.

• Thread starter 420wave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420wave

Do people turn off their oscillatng or vent fan at night? I've heard of it being done but not too sure if it's beneficial.

Dan789

Dan789

In bloom exhaust and oscillating fans 24/7, dehewy if necessary.

420wave

No need to turn them off but curious what’s your reasoning behind it?
I was just curious if anyone does it or has tried it. I've heard of it being done to give the plants a break ( as it's not usually as windy outside at night) and also if you wantèd to save money on power.

Kepster

Kepster

I was just curious if anyone does it or has tried it. I've heard of it being done to give the plants a break ( as it's not usually as windy outside at night) and also if you wantèd to save money on power.

Where I live the wind doesn’t sleep at night so I haven’t really noticed lol. As long as the fans are not blowing directly on them they should be fine. Mines are positioned just above the canopy. As far as the power bill goes unless your running a shit ton of fans it wouldn’t make a dent big enough to warrant the extra step. Keep them on.. always.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Do people turn off their oscillatng or vent fan at night? I've heard of it being done but not too sure if it's beneficial.
The last thing you want to do in an enclosed space is stop the air movement. Especially during the night cycle when humidity levels rise.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

pm will form overnight if the leaves are not moving around a litlle

Not 'will' but CAN pm. I run a recirculating fan on a timer 3 minutes on 20 minutes off.

I've only gotten pm a couple times. Usually happens on donkey dick buds where air circulation between th bud clusters is problematic

Monster762

Monster762

Unless trying to hold a co2 level run exhaust full time. Exchange of air is important. That exhaust pulling fresh air is your only source of co2(day)oxygen (dark). So unless your running co2 run fans full time. At least exhaust full time. I run everything full blast. But I don’t pay electric though.

Top Bottom