Fans - Wtf Is It With Wall-mount Fans??

• Thread starter mastagrowa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastagrowa

mastagrowa

So every time I buy a wall mount fan (Eco Plus, Hurricane, etc) they last about a year or so and then they somehow stop pushing air forwards...it just kinda goes out the sides of the fan, and weakly...even at full blast. The motors run fine and the blades are kept clean. My guess is that the blades weaken over time until they don't push the air forwards.

Anyone else experience this? I gotta shitload of dud fans just waiting for the dumpster...bummed.....

Dunge

Dunge

My cheep plastic fans have run 24/7 for five years.

Do you burn sulfur?
I can imagine a motor failing incrementally from corrosion.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I always end up breaking the damn blades when I'm cleaning, there are about 5 Eco plus fans -sans blades, gathering dust in the garage, no clue where to source fresh blades from.

But yea, $20 big lots standing fans ftw

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I always end up breaking the damn blades when I'm cleaning, there are about 5 Eco plus fans -sans blades, gathering dust in the garage, no clue where to source fresh blades from.

But yea, $20 big lots standing fans ftw
Do they have them this time of year?

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

My cheep plastic fans have run 24/7 for five years.

Do you burn sulfur?
I can imagine a motor failing incrementally from corrosion.
As i said the motors work fine. It's the blades.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

So every time I buy a wall mount fan (Eco Plus, Hurricane, etc) they last about a year or so and then they somehow stop pushing air forwards...it just kinda goes out the sides of the fan, and weakly...even at full blast. The motors run fine and the blades are kept clean. My guess is that the blades weaken over time until they don't push the air forwards.

Anyone else experience this? I gotta shitload of dud fans just waiting for the dumpster...bummed.....
Mine end up just burning out.
I never experienced the blade issues.
You could try drilling a tiny hole on the blades. Tie some fishing line to the holes to get the curvature you desire.
I hope this makes since.

Dunge

Dunge

As i said the motors work fine. It's the blades.
I understand your assertion.
What I am passing along is that electric motors can fail cryptically.
I'm also confidant that fan blades will fail in an observable manner.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

How close is it to your light source, I wonder if heat could be a factor?

organix4207

organix4207

Ive been using "Super" brand fans for years and only problem I've had was the motor needing a drop of oil to go another 5 years !!

reeferman420

reeferman420

if you are sycjing and pushibg heat with a fan the blades could soften or flatten from the force being applied to said blade due to centrifugal force(spinning). fishing line may work but if the hheat.is causing it either the plastic blade or fishing line will break eventually. i work in a fiberglass shop i had the same problem im considering making carbon fiber blades

sixstring

sixstring

these cost a lil more but they push alot of air.almost too much air for smaller rooms.i have mine mounted higher up and set on low and its still crazy windy.but they are all stell and badass. https://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/active-air-hd-wall-mount-oscillating-fan-16-inch.html

but i use alot of airkings mostly 16 & 12 in and some have swingin to and fro for 6 years now with no issues. lol

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I like the Air King fans myself, I've had a wall mounted 12" for about five years now, I used it originally in the closet that I started growing in. Now, in my tents I use the 6" Air King clip-on fans, 4 in my flower tent and just one in my small veg tent. Love 'em.

Top Bottom