farang in thailand - greetings!

• Thread starter reubeaux
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

reubeaux

Hey there! I have a small indoor grow op with my friend and his wife in Northern Thailand. He found a thread here on a strain he was interested in, and after browsing the forums a bit I decided to start a grow diary, but here is the intro post. I am a CA native with no indoor growing experience, only done outdoor grow once - many years ago. We are doing this on a shoestring budget but trying to have all the correct tools to make sure everything is done as controlled as possible. Look forward to seeing more from this community as there seems to be a lot of support.

Cheers

R

reubeaux

What kind of inputs can you find in Thailand for fertilizer? I spent some time in the past there. Such an amazing country. Lucky you.
Honestly it's hard to guess right now. I am skeptical of any "name brand" ferts bought online. We are using a living soil mix that I found at the local market that was marketed for cannabis use. It has a good mix of the usual stuff found in super soil mixes.

I wanted to try hydro but partner is against it so we are making due with this mix for now. I found some potential top dressing online I will try when we move to flowering

S

Skunk_dog

Things are booming in Thailand, good luck hope teh govt gets it right! Unlike piecemeal here in the US

E

Edinburg

We use to get Thi sticks, have not seen them for decades, my boy was in the navy and got shore leave in Bangkok and sent some home in the mail, ALLSO bought a girl a puppy next day was invited to dinner and to his horror it was the main course, said in the end it wasn't bad lol

F

fredfrth

What kind of inputs can you find in Thailand for fertilizer? I spent some time in the past there. Such an amazing country. Lucky you.

Honestly it's hard to guess right now. I am skeptical of any "name brand" ferts bought online. We are using a living soil mix that I found at the local market that was marketed for cannabis use. It has a good mix of the usual stuff found in super soil mixes.

I wanted to try hydro but partner is against it so we are making due with this mix for now. I found some potential top dressing online I will try when we move to flowering
Hello,
If you are into hydroponic you can find every imported brand at very high price about 3 time than in the US or Europe, the same goes for synthetic fertilizer with some local brand reasonably priced. If now you go in organic soil it is a bit more difficult as there is a lot of sub standard or weird product from local.
I personally use a mix of local product with a few imported one and it works very well now after few bad experiences.
I had 2 setup, one for veg, mother and clone : grow tent 120 x120 covered by mosquito net, bugs are a real issue here, no air, it get hot sometime 35 37 Celsius with 2 set mars hydro 80w. Because of the heat I had some issue but no more since I use Blinburn seeds.
For bloom I move my babies to a 100x100 with air conditioning and Mars Hydro 350w
I tested many soil until I found Marachu Bussan a Thai Japanese factory involved in government medical cannabis project, large scale farming factory and community farming as well. So far the best I had tested and that I am using for 2 years now. I use their Takumi fish amino fertilizer during all stage of grow and Takumi Organic Fertilizer (for next grow reconditioning only). Once a month top dressing vegs with 1 tablespoon of Gaia green 4.4.4 and half table spoon of Gaia Green 2.8.4 and Bloom half table spoon of Gaia Green 4.4.4 with 1 tablespoon of Gaia green 2.8.4.
Plain Phed water only once every 7 days. Once every 10 days Aerated Compost/WC tea, the basic recipe at 1/10 ratio. During the pre and flowering stage I add bat guano half to 1 table spoon from LUNG KHONG shopee shop. I also add bat guano to my tea during that stage. For cal mag hungry strain I use Max Num from LUNG KHONG half tea spoon top dressing every 10 days, otherwise the same amount once a month.
I adjust the compost tea composition according to my feeling and plant symptoms. As I work light on nute I had few problems time to time during the flowering stage in such case I use Compost/WC tea as a foliar spray.
I am using tap water with a very little ascorbic acid to break down the chloramide and cal-mag to reach 350 ppm then add nute and ph at 6.5 as the soil is quite PH stable at 6.8 7.0 constantly.
Et voila !!!! good weather, good food, good people, great weed… a paradise lol

sambapati

sambapati

Greetings from Eastern Seaboard little town of Pluak Daeng. Welcome to the Farm, been here since 2019 and assembled here are the smartest coolest dudes and dudettes youngsters and oldsters in the marijuana growing field. Chock Dee Der kai Der khrap!

T

TropicalBudsRawai

Hello from Rawai. We have a farm going in Rawai, Phuket and have had luck locating many organic inputs. Our garden is booming along after the initial hurdles were out of the way. Good luck on the grow.

sambapati

sambapati

Hello from Rawai. We have a farm going in Rawai, Phuket and have had luck locating many organic inputs. Our garden is booming along after the initial hurdles were out of the way. Good luck on the grow.
Beautiful day here, how is the grow growing. I've got 1 plant week 12...very strange struture

20230314 120138
20230314 120127
Top Bottom