Farmers...Feel free to chime in here...

• Thread starter monkey5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Farmer's, Feel free to chime in here...this thread is just my thoughts on seed line preservation from 1or 2 packs of seed. Working on this now. Take a strain you have, i am working on Humboldt Select , i have 2 packs, with 10 seeds each. Started with 6 seeds, from 1 pack of 10 seeds. Got all 6 seeds up. All males and all females found will be used. When those seeds are made, any females that are steller will be kept for making more seeds... next run of H.S. will include a couple more H.S. seeds, looking for more males or females, seeds will be made, and next run a few more, untill all the seeds are used up. All generations will be labeled and notes taken. Untill the line is worked and all seed is new. Lines from more males would be crossed back to the first lines. Seeds should be very nice and have good vigor. Please chime in if you are trying to keep seed lines going. monkey5

CBF

CBF

Supporter
yeah bro use as many plants as possible, and really if ya can do all 20 right off.

so im not followin the plan? you are gonna do 6 seeds, make seed with those, then hold back the best females from those 6 seeds. then your gonna pop a couple more of the seed pack, same generation, and make more seed usin the saved females and what ever females males ya get in the next few seeds. then your gonna repeat that process again with a few seeds?

thats what im gettin outta it.
if thats the plan there are no different lines in the work, a Line is a strain, same thing.
as in Humboldt Select seedline.

what you will end up with is a bunch of different batches of the next generation up from the seed. so if the seed is say f2, you would have a bunch of different F3 batches, each with differing results. you did accomplish a generation though:D

i would run all 20, flip for flower when there wee plants, like 12 inches or so, small pots, let um go and polly um all real good. then toke each female, keep the seed off the good smokin gals, do another gen, and keep on keepin on.

you just have to toke seeded bud, if you were around back in the day, it kinda brings back memories of the good old days pickin seed outta the busted up bud, DJ says seeded bud is more potent:D

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
CBF, Yes !! That is the plan exactly. We have a plant count limit here ... as far as sentencing goes...so until i can get myself located back out to Cali.,(i can be Cali. Med. card holder, if i can get there) that is exactly what i want to get done !! I am old school , like DJ , i've smoked lots of seeded buds back in the day !! Any bud i grow,(organic), and do not have to pay for is the goal...my jars being full !! Seeded bud is fine !! Thank You for stopping by and answering ,bro !! monkey5

CBF

CBF

Supporter
i have a plant count limit as well bro, as many as i can count, LOL

but yeah sounds good, good luck and keep us updated. gonna be a project.

CBF

Top Bottom