Farming 12+ yrs

• Thread starter Kyfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kyfarmer

So I've been farming my own operation of corn,soybeans and wheat for awhile now and was curious about a few things like how to obtain a licsense to grow. In the state of ky it illegal to grow, will that stop me from growing legally? Not looking to get rich just start a small operation to earn extra income on the side. Anyone input would help. Thanks

K

Kyfarmer

So basically I can't obtain a licsense to grow it? Even if I'm selling to a dispensery in another state for medical reasons.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

So basically I can't obtain a licsense to grow it? Even if I'm selling to a dispensery in another state for medical reasons.
...you're gonna be subject to Ky law bro and to federal law so the only way you'll be able to grow legally is if you move to a legal state or Ky legalizes,

anyway, welcome to the farm and to the hobby.

peace, bozo

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kyfarmer

...you're gonna be subject to Ky law bro and to federal law so the only way you'll be able to grow legally is if you move to a legal state or Ky legalizes,

anyway, welcome to the farm and to the hobby.

peace, bozo
I will keep planting what I'm planting until its legalized.

burn4me

burn4me

I will keep planting what I'm planting until its legalized.
o_O
fed law trumps all bro. second in line is state laws and KY isnt legal at all is it?
so you are going against the grain either way. wish you the best
oh and welcome:pompus:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So I've been farming my own operation of corn,soybeans and wheat for awhile now and was curious about a few things like how to obtain a licsense to grow. In the state of ky it illegal to grow, will that stop me from growing legally? Not looking to get rich just start a small operation to earn extra income on the side. Anyone input would help. Thanks
Sounds like a good gig you've got going, a lot of good land. Do you have a problem with resistant weeds?

Legally, at this time, unless Kentucky does legalize cultivation, your operation would not *be* within any legal guidelines. Legally, sending it over state lines gets you into interstate commerce stuff, and that's a no-go (I just had a cousin in Puerto Rico ask me a similar question, whether or not the island can grow for export). The thing about your state is this--it's the MOST likely state to utilize jury nullification, and by a rather large margin IIRC. So, you could grow and maybe even go ahead and send across state lines, but I don't know a dispensary that can legally take it, so it's on the black market.

What's the current status in KY right now, any bills on the floor or being voted on? Sorry, but I can't recall, only that many states are going medical now. :)

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

No tell. No sell. No smell.. Until they see the light, enjoy the fruits of your labor in private, and with the true lucky loved ones brother.. Welcome..

Latest posts

Top Bottom