Fasciation

• Thread starter OnTheDownLow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OnTheDownLow

OnTheDownLow

Hello, everyone!
New to posting here.. Been reading through the site for awhile now. Had made you Farmers my "go to" for knowledge, so thought I'd jump on-board. Thanks for having me.
If you ask don't mind, I'd like to sift through some of this expertise on the below subject:
I have two plants that have Fasciation (2 stems on 1 and 1 stem on the other).
Everything I've read on the subject, pretty much, says they grow into a fluffy, weird looking bud.
So, my question is, would I just be better off cutting the limbs and letting all that energy be used elsewhere? The limbs are full of leaves, and I've read that's mainly what they grow, are leaves.
Anyone experienced this?
Thank you to all, in advance

Homesteader

Homesteader

I don't think it will grow too leafy but you will have a massive strange looking bud on that stem. Sometimes they grow in a crescent shape and have a round appearance.

OnTheDownLow

OnTheDownLow

That is one of the articles I had read. As this one says, most are just fluffy buds. Knowing this, think they should be cut where it begins?
I'm thinking it's wasted energy that could be refocused. I've never experienced it. Is my thinking wrong?

OnTheDownLow

OnTheDownLow

Pictures?
Still a bit new here. I'll get that figured out ASAP.. The link posted above, is an article that shows some pics of what they turn out to be...... If that'll help in the meantime..??

OnTheDownLow

OnTheDownLow

Pictures?

OnTheDownLow

OnTheDownLow

Where the nodes are-normally you have two stalks. It's giving of 4.
I'm some places each particular node is giving 2 stems.
So, where we usually see 2 stems at node points(one on each side stalk, or stem) this is putting off 4, like in a circle around the stem. Or it will put off 4; 2 on each side of stem

NairnM16

NairnM16

Where the nodes are-normally you have two stalks. It's giving of 4.
I'm some places each particular node is giving 2 stems.
So, where we usually see 2 stems at node points(one on each side stalk, or stem) this is putting off 4, like in a circle around the stem. Or it will put off 4; 2 on each side of stem
Seems like a 1 off mutation, see how it grow, personally I’d experiment nd top it to see if I get 4 tops, then 8 then 16 get some mainlining going on nd get a bushy plant come harvest with loads of colas

NairnM16

NairnM16

Seems healthy tho just do what you think you
Can see the mutation being down to the pheno type,

OnTheDownLow

OnTheDownLow

Seems like a 1 off mutation, see how it grow, personally I’d experiment nd top it to see if I get 4 tops, then 8 then 16 get some mainlining going on nd get a bushy plant come harvest with loads of colas
😂I've ran that through my head SOOOO many times!! Just how big could this thing get doing this😮.
However, had a house fire in November, lost everything. EVERYTHING
So, space and time won't allow that. I'm running on borrowed gear and 6 bag seeds. Hope to get some seeds here to do again.
Yes, would loved to have been able to see👍

Top Bottom