Fast Dry/cure

• Thread starter DrMcSkunkins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
:banghead: In my current condition, I have no access to quality meds. I had a few clones flowering and since I have no meds I have been drying flowers in a jerky maker/food dehydrator, nesco american harvest, on the lowest heat setting which is 95°F.

I have been perfecting this technique for quite some time due to living in a less than friendly to mmj state and having no access to meds, and the product that you get from the process is better quality than what you get from a dispensary and it goes from cut fresh flower to dried cured sticky bud in less than a week.

First I cut the stalk at every node and trim the sugar leaves and fan leaves, then I stick it in the nesco for 2 days on low, turning and moving the flowers periodically. Then when the outside feels dry I cut the flowers off of the larger stems and according to the moisture content in the part of the stem where I cut it, I either put it back in the nesco for 12 to 24 hours then I put it in a bag or jar to redistribute the moisture in the stems.

After it sits in the jar or bag for a few hours you can feel that it isn't crumble dry anymore and very sticky. Then it's good to burp like you normally would, put in a hygrometer if you want to get technical. If the rh gets above 65% take it out of the jar for a few hours and then put it back in the jar. I don't smoke, only vape so I am not sure if this technique would work for smoking but it crumbles but it is sticky, just like it's supposed to be.:smoking:

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
This is similar to my setup, very inexpensive, I think they sell them at walmart.
http://www.harvestessentials.com/nesco-snackmaster-express-fd-60-4-tray-dehydrator.html
Harvestessentials 2269 39569069

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I discovered that if you freeze the fresh flower first and then put it directly into the dehydrator it dries it out more evenly and more quickly in one shot. Plus it smells like it has been long cured for a month, if you dont believe me try it...

Latest posts

Top Bottom