Fastest Clone Time - Explain your Method

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I recently cloned a batch of OG cuts in root riot plugs and they rooted in 5 days! By far the quickest I've seen. Here's how I did it:
  • First I insured the health of my mother, which receives plenty of sea green, cal/mag, and tea.
  • I took cuts with a fresh/sterile craftsman razor
  • Dipped into a mild solution of Dip N' Grow
  • I didn't cut a single leaf
  • Placed them under a worn out/dim T12 fixture, covered them with a dome and placed them onto a heat mat.
  • They dried out in 3 days and I applied non-ph'd tap water. At this time I also removed the dome but left the heat mat.
  • They began drying out 2 days later and upon inspection, noticed ALL 36 of them had rooted, 100%. At this time I removed the heat mat and transplanted into pots.
That's it!
I'm experimenting with my Blackberry Kush mother now, she usually roots faster then the rest of the gang.

What kind of clone times do you get? Please explain your steps.

Camdawg

Camdawg

Just got my cloning down been practicing by taking one cut from my 2 mothers everyday. I use sea green I love it just brings out the best. I was using dip and grow but since I only take a few cuts a day I switched to root tech. I really think that with such a soft stem tissue you could do without rooting hormone but for safety sake I use it. New cuts go on one side of the tray with dome holes above closed as the newer cuts come in they work there way towards the other end of the tray with dome holes slightly open. I am still trying riot rooter cubes vs rockwool but I get roots in about 7 days by 10 days I got a healthy supply of roots popping out.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Fwiw, the rapid Cloner is 100% successful across well over a dozen strains.

Damned Diablo kush roots way too slowly for me though.

Sour Diesel and platinum GSC practically start a song and dance routine about drinking blood and being from outer space after a couple days.

In my experience, strains act very differently time wise.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Rapid Cloner. Mostly RO water, small amount of Aqua shield, give it a week and presto.

Going fwd, I will turn the manifold pump off 45 min the on 15, repeat. Thirsty cuttings seem to root faster.

Just my two cents.

I used to cycle my pump with my 120 cloners but I have sense lowered my plant count and those machines are too much of a gamble now.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Did you lose clones Greenleaf?

Mine never die. Literally zero failure. Haven't cycled pumps yet though. Really its not a race to clone.

Cloning should have time budgeted...

opt1c

opt1c

mother plant as nutes for the moms; ez120 with a 20on 20 off cycle; no dipping just snip and into the machine; tap water with 100ml aquashield and 15ml power clone liquid

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Nice, Optic. I forgot to mention I dip and in the cloner, I add the GH Root accelerator called Rapid Start.

I run a chiller and keep the roots at 68 or less. Changing water with Rapid Start/Aquashield.
Never a death, roots at about a week.

Next time going 20 on/20 off though. Can't wait to try that. Great avatar, btw, Opt1c. The conquering lion of Judah is always a welcome sight.

opt1c

opt1c

thanks; i used to run a 1/10hp chiller on my cloner; used to dip in ez-clone/rootech/dipngrow etc... just snip no dip and tap water with some goodies; oh yeah... i ph to 5.8 as well... better and faster results without the extra work... used to do 30 on 30 off but i found 20 on 20 off to work way better; it is the sweet spot for sure... any less time and you risk wearing out your pump cycling it too much

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Did you lose clones Greenleaf?

Mine never die. Literally zero failure. Haven't cycled pumps yet though. Really its not a race to clone.

Cloning should have time budgeted...

Yes, my stent with the EZ cloner lost me easily 5,000 cuts. I would get into a rhythm and I started doing 3-4 cuts per collar with success. Then I moved my cloner to my location in the hill's and started using the well water, could never get it right after that.

donmekka

donmekka

I cut 6-8 inch clones rip lower vegetation off by running through fingers and stick in a solo cup filled with RO soaked perlite with drainage holes. I can fit 15-20 clones per cup pending on strain it takes 5 days to 2 weeks to root . works 100% an takes me 20 min to do 100 clones. Also have a aero cloner that sits in the corner haven't used it in months.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I cut 6-8 inch clones rip lower vegetation off by running through fingers and stick in a solo cup filled with RO soaked perlite with drainage holes. I can fit 15-20 clones per cup pending on strain it takes 5 days to 2 weeks to root . works 100% an takes me 20 min to do 100 clones. Also have a aero cloner that sits in the corner haven't used it in months.

Interesting approach, I'm not sure I've ever seen this method done...

donmekka

donmekka

Oh i forgot i set the solo cups in a greenhouse tray with about 1/4-1/2in of water so the cups can wick the water they need .

dutch69lover

dutch69lover

I always have 100% success and all organically using my secret weapon....... Weeping willow shoots. In the spring I take several cuts of fresh young growth from a weeping willow tree...I place about 6-- 6 inch lengths of these into a big mason jar of water and put the lid on it. I make about 14 jars of this to last the coming year. There is some kinda natural rooting hormone that is present in the shoots of a weeping willow tree. I take my cuts from my mother and put them in the small 20 cut cloning machine that holds a gallon of water plus about half a cup of willow waster. About 5-6 days I got nice furry roots

Seatown

Seatown

Totally depends on the strains youre working with IMO. My mendo afgoo will be well rooted at 6 days, while a NL or gdp will take almost 2 weeks sometimes. I've tried a few methods and products, and like my success with Dyna-gro rooting concentrate & rockwool cubes. Take the cuttings after not feeding mom for a few days (makes them thirsty IMO), shave the bottom 1/2-1in of the stem, then slice the stem down the middle for 1/4in, dip in the Dyna-grow for a few seconds, then into the prep'd rockwool cubes. They then go into the tray under CFLs w/ a heating mat. Its crazy how big the stems swell up

Tnelz

Tnelz

Easiest cloning method ever. Cut ur clone. Remove large leaves or cut them down. Rinse some coco with ph'd water and kelp or sea green or whatever kelp based product u like. I cut the 45 then scratch the stem then some cloning gel then straight into coco. Throw whatever dome u have be it a dome a 2 Ltr bottle or a bag. Spray a couple times a day with plain water. Every other or third day give them a spray with your kelp. Never went more than a week and a half. Never lost a clone since using this method!

B

Beans

Just a tip to add here for small time guys....small cup of water in your humidity dome with an airstone in it powered by a small aquarium air pump. constant fresh humid air works great no need to be around multiple times a day...cut small notch in dome bottom for hose....fresh humid air all day slowly...just like folks on 02 in hospital

GhostFace

GhostFace

I use a dirty scissor and snip a side brach off the doner plant & simply dip the end into cheap rooting powder and into a rapid rooter plug.. they then go into a humid dome with a small CFL over it.. bam in 5-10days we got roots. no special watering for the mom, no special gel or angle cut, no heating pad etc. keep it simple

Top Bottom