Fat man in a little closet

• Thread starter Tobor the 8th Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
The time has come to show what I have going on for my winter grow. I have done a lot in this closet over the years. I had quite a few 250w scrogs, some 400w grows and a 750w grow also. It is actually a pretty good closet to grow in. It has a height of 8 feet and is 8 feet long but from the door back it is 5 feet. So I have a good grow space of 5 ft long, 8 ft tall and 33 inches wide. The only drawback is that my ass is 19 inches wide. So it gets a little tight crawling in there. Luckily I am fat but nimble. Like Santa Claus.

At first I set up my 400w HPS in a cool tube and had some plants that were vegging a good while that I had been taking clones from. Then when I was ready to flower the moms I decided to take a bunch of fresh rooted clones, pot them up and stick them in there too. So I put my 300w LED light in the front half and the 400w is in the back half.

It isn't a side by side test grow because the plants under the 400w were bigger and older than the ones under the 300w LED. But it still is interesting to see them in action during flowering.

After I got everything set up I vegged in the closet another 2 weeks to give the clones a chance to root in their new pots. The plants under the 400w are in 10" circular pots of about 2 gallons of soil/soilless mix. There is one plant per pot and 6 plants all together. The plants under the LED are in 12" pots and about 2.5 gallons of soil/soilless mix. I put 4 clones in each pot, well the Chocolate Trip only has 3 clones. There are 4 pots with a total of 15 plants under the 300w LED.

My soil mix is for the most part Just Perfect organic which has coco fiber, perlite, earthworm castings, organic compost, rare earth, dolomite lime and other stuff. I add some composted cow manure, more earthworm castings, more perlite, some bat guano and some ProMix.

I decided to switch up my plant nutrients and see what kind of results I get using some fancy hydro store bought ingredients. I already had a unused free sample of Bud Blood I wanted to try. I also had a bottle of gravity which I never gave a test too and I plan on using. I used Maxicrop, CalMag, Liquid Karma and silicate based ph up during veg. In bloom I continued to use reduced doses of Maxicrop and added Tiger Bloom and still use the ph up.

After they were on 12/12 for about 12 days they all started showing a few pistils. This is when I hit them with Bud Blood. Then after one week I reduced the Maxicrop to 25% strength, increased the Tiger Bloom. I also gave 1/2 tsp of Purple Maxx/Snow Storm once a week in the plain water watering.

This Friday will be 28 days flowering and I think these are some of my best plants ever. I researched quite a bit about Purple Maxx/Snow Storm, Gravity, Bud Blood and PK boosters. I am being very careful about ppms when using the Purple Maxx/SS. I will be extremely careful when I add the Gravity. Since I have different strains running I had to keep a calendar of what was added when for each strain.

I had gotten a few strains I never ran before and I had the moms and just decided to have a mix and match grow and tame the canopy as I had too.

The new strains I am trying out are Chocolate Trip and Chocolate Thai. Chocolate Trip supposedly is ready at 53 days and is a huge yielder with a great high. It doesn't taste like chocolate. Chocolate Thai is longer maybe 11-12 weeks. I am also running The White, Chemdog D and Original Diesel so this should be a decent show.

I took everything out today and cleaned the room and super cropped the Chocolate Trips, Chocolate Thai and Original Diesel. Here is how the room looked after I was done.

Fat man in a little closet
Fat man in a little closet 2
Fat man in a little closet 3
Fat man in a little closet 4
Fat man in a little closet 5
Fat man in a little closet 6
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Now for some individual plant photos. There is a pic of the strain name on the pot and the pics that follow are of that strain until the next name pic. These are all under the 400w HPS.

ECSD is not ECSD it is ORIGINAL DIESEL. I forgot I hadn't changed the name on the pot. This pot was last used when I did my final run of every Original Diesel, ECSD and SD cut i had to make my final decision if one even came close to this cut. None of them did. I changed the name on the pot now.

Chemd1
Chemd3
Chocthai1
Chocthai2
Chocthai3
Chocthai4
Choctrip1
Choctrip2
Choctrip3
Choctrip4
Ecsd1
Ecsd3
Trip1
Trip2
Trip4
White1
White2
White3
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Here are the ones under the LED. The first pic is The Whites, the next three are Chemdog D and the last ones Chocolate Trip.

In the pics above the last pic of some plants are after I supercropped.

Ledwhite1
Ledchem1
Ledchem2
Ledchem3
Ledtrip1
mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Thats a cool op you got going there. Reflectix on the walls.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Hey Buddy like mitten already said it is Reflectix. It can be bought at Lowes or Home Depot and comes in 25 and 50 foot rolls and 2,3 or 4 foot tall. It works very well and is readily available.

Thanks mittenmedgrow. I have rocked this closet quite a bit and it has always been good to me.

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

Sub'd bro, look'n forward to the outcome, Good Vibes, Peace SSP

420king-MASSES

lookin awesome tober love ur grow // do you plan on doing a single or double plant scrog under the 400 when this run is done i bet youll pull 5-600 grams dry especially since you pull14 dry zips from ur 250//cant wait brother simply cant wait

The Joker

The Joker

NIce and clean. If you grease your hips, it will make it easier to get in.

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Sweet setup Tobor!! Been wondering what you where up too,Looking Great, Subbed!!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Hey Shiva and Green thanks for checking out my thread. At least you don't have to go through the seedling stage. Well I have some seedlings too. LOL! I will get pics of the next run of stuff.

I haven't figured that out yet 420king. I think I am just going to pot up the Mexican Blueberry females and the Chemdog D x Orig Haze and flower them out to see what they do and identify the keepers.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Shit! I forgot about the beans I planned on popping! Thanks for the reminder.
NIce and clean. If you grease your hips, it will make it easier to get in.
Gotta second that, and grease the shoulders, too.

:makeup

I nixed the Reflectix in favor of mylared rigid foam insulation.

waayne

waayne

Tobor that's a sweet setup!
You can do so much in so little space bro,your indoor grows always impress me with how much production and quality you get out of a small space with low wattage lights!
I'm subbed! Gonna be a great show ;)
:passingjoint:

winta

winta

tobor lookin good my brutha! i cant wait to see all this great fruit!

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

nice robot, i cant believe i missed this subbed for the ride!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Hey I forgot to tell you all there is no ECSD. I hadn't changed the name on those pots because I couldn't find my magic marker. I knew I would know it was Original Diesel because I didn't keep any ECSD moms I had. I am permanently done with Sour Diesel. I chased them all trying to find the one that tasted and had the high of the Original Diesel back when it first came out. This is the one. I didn't even find it online after all the different cuts of SD I sourced online trying to find it. They just were not it. This is it. Chemy Fuely is there but skunky drives the car.

Latest posts

Top Bottom