Favorite Rooting Aide

• Thread starter damien50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
damien50

damien50

Rooting has been really slow for me lately with 20ish day averages and weak rooting. Curious to know if anyone has a favorite rooting aide.

I use an aero cloner from time to time but I'd like to start my SOG in rockwool plugs for quicker transplants and a smaller footprint.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just use promix rooting powder and peat pellets. Make sure the soil is packed tight against the stems. Works for me i find temps to be a big factor in rooting times for me

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I dont know if this is true although i sure could be. My friend the breeder at ch9 has been making fems as long as the industry has. He was one of the pioneers of fem seed breeders.

He told me not to use root hormones or what he called “little vitamin bottles” i guess like superthrive. He is french so communication is awkward.

He said that many of the reversals seen are from them.

I realize this info may not apply here.

damien50

damien50

I just use promix rooting powder and peat pellets. Make sure the soil is packed tight against the stems. Works for me i find temps to be a big factor in rooting times for me

I'm staying around 76-80f. What's you're average time for rooting?

I dont know if this is true although i sure could be. My friend the breeder at ch9 has been making fems as long as the industry has. He was one of the pioneers of fem seed breeders.

He told me not to use root hormones or what he called “little vitamin bottles” i guess like superthrive. He is french so communication is awkward.

I've never used rooting hormones before but I went from 8ish days to clone to 3 weeks or longer.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Good info in gonna try without next time... I always have used it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've never used rooting hormones before but I went from 8ish days to clone to 3 weeks or longer.

Anything else change? I would say find and fix the problem before adding new stuff.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

7-10 days but the peat pellets are bigger than the little rockwool cubes and rapid rooters. That's until I have lots of visible roots. I keep mine at 80f in a controlled room so air and root are both at that temp.

B

Burned Haze

Rootsheild plus
8-12 week’s protection

Grows in soil and on roots, shields roots from pathogens
Seeks out, attacks and eats fungal pathogens
Induces host resistance
Active over wide temperature range (48-97 °F/9-36 °C)
Grows in wide pH range (pH 4-8)
Compatible with many chemical and biological inputs
Well suited to a wide range of soil types
Enhances nutrient uptake
Helps plants resist/overcome abiotic stresses and transplant shock
Does not interfere with beneficial insects
Exempt from residue
Excellent tool for fungicide resistance management
Prevents Fusarium, Phytophthora, Pythium, Rhizoctonia among other plant root diseases

very cheap on cost factor vs other companies when they use similar species, once I started using this product on my seed sprouts, clones. Everything by % def showed I never should go back and it was a major issue. Even when I use it for my veg and shit tons of clones and over apply. I got 4 seasons in one box ( that’s like 5o bucks per seasons and made my plants so much better/protected

——-
As cloning aid’s
aloe 200x is great extract for the roots, that and some seagreen & Rootamentary

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
IBA does work. Scrap a branch and put some on it and roots will pop out of the branch.

I just like the gel style ones since they stick to the stem and don't run off like liquids when using rooters. Used to use Olivia's but they go bad after a little, even in the fridge. Pretty much most "cloning" solutions are all gonna be IBA of some sorts.

Cloners you can get the liquid stuff from Clonex, Botanicare, and a number of other people. Or you can just use diluted nutes or even plain ph'd water.

Change in your clone time with the same plants and cloner and steps is most likely environmental or an issue with said plant. Humidity/temp swings with change in the seasons or if using tap water change in the water source (happens quite a bit in some areas).

Seraphine

Seraphine

I use both clonex gel and a rooting powder. I pour a little of the gel in the rapid rooter hole first. Then I dip my cutting in the gel and then the powder and wedge it in the rapid rooter. Mist a few times a day and roots in 5 days.

9F8EA118 D0C2 4102 A32E A1A47E51AAE4
25E62579 25EC 4539 A94F 62A47EDC4497
damien50

damien50

I use both clonex gel and a rooting powder. I pour a little of the gel in the rapid rooter hole first. Then I dip my cutting in the gel and then the powder and wedge it in the rapid rooter. Mist a few times a day and roots in 5 days.

That's an interesting idea. I might try it

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

White rooting powder in root riots clonex in the bubbler
These are the 2 products I use. I've been using that powder for years and I started using the clonex when I started using the bubble cloner this spring.

damien50

damien50

I started really looking into cloning solutions and I noticed something. Clonex and the majority of the rooting powders/solutions contain less than .4% of IBA, so I could see how using two varieties might be beneficial. Otherwise there are a few that reach 1% but not much else.

I've settled on Hormex's #16 rooting powder containing 1.6% IBA for the dip, and I think I'll use liquid karma+superthrive on my rockwool to charge then give them a drench of ST on transplant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom