fcuk'd up, whas the score with chopping early?

• Thread starter static12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

static12

hi peep's, 36 days into flower an my plant is looking really big in my box. i have a stealth grow in a 2'x2'x4' wooden box an i need help!!! am truely gutted i didnt have the funds to get my flower lamp at the time i 'planned' to start flowering (overshot by bout 2/3 wk). when she went into flower, due to the longer veg, she ballooned so now at present i have got approx 6" from the tip of my plant to my 250w red cfl. in your opinions, am i better to chop early? or let my lil girl get a bit 'hot' an last out longer? an if longer - how much longer?? like i say, proper newbie (1st eva plant, from seed) so she's really precious to me!! you guy's prob got me to where i am, so pls dont let me down! p.s. cant move the light higher or the plan lower and as the box is wood i aint choppin into it again. like you good folks say, you learn to grow while you grow, an you have to learn from your mistakes, an trust me this is one i have learned from!!
she looks great with big (2") budsites all frosty as hell, the top cola is approx 5" tall, nice and thick, and also frosting up nicely!! the smell is heavenly, sweet tangy citrus. will try an post pics if it help (new camera enroute)

G

GroHi

If you yank her now, she'll be pretty harsh burning & won't get you very high... kinda a fleeting semi-high... real annoying because you know you're kinda supposed to get high, but don't.

At least you should flush her for a good week (or longer) before you force chop, if you go that route.

I'd rather bend her (even crease the stem if nec) & do a late training. Might stress her into nanners, but the stalk will recover from the bending. Just splint her.

Peace.

K

KushMaster707

if you can try and tie it down to the pot or just supercrop it like grohi suggested bc unless its G.C. its probably much to early to chop her down. and definitely get that flush in for at least a week.

H

headband707

Agreed tie her down as far as you can without breaking or lay it on it's side. If you take it before the trichomes are cloudy then you won't get stoned, peace out Headband707:smiley_joint:

R

Rolln J

tie her down - drill holes near the tops of the containers and get green garden wire and carefully bend her over - you may have to figure out a way to support branches from the top, but dont give up day 36 is way too soon!

S

scrapiron

Another idea to help out... Adjust your fan toward the the plant tops and the light. Also kick your exhaust fan up an notch.
Combined with tying it down, you should be able to go the distance.

A

acubus

Knock the bottom out of your box and make it taller by a couple of feet.

S

static12

ok guy's, cheers for the input, looks like choppin early's pretty much out of the question goin off what your saying. was thinking bout LST fr my next plant an was unsure if i tried it now on this one how she's react, really dont wanna be messin with the stem, it looks like shes gonna get gagged an bound!!
gonna get her on a flush an go tie her down, do i just bend as much as poss without damaging the stem or am i better doing this slowly? read a few threads on LST, but they all seem to be done from the start while the stem's not thick/hard and not when the plant's already in flower.

G

GroHi

Unless she is super thick & sturdy, you should be able to take the plant w both hands & hold a 1" section w both index fingers & thumbs. If you twist slowly in either direction, it will weaken/soften the stems to the point you can bend them. Will need to do this at a few points to get her down to a 90' bend... maybe.

If you twist too much you will feel (maybe even hear) the inner stalk crack... this is basically supercropping. You're damaging the inner stalk such that the plant focuses extra hard on healing that area... it becomes a super-strong portion of the stem. This will require a few days to heal & harden. Usually not advised this late in flowering though...

Latest posts

Top Bottom