Feds Can No Longer Legally Raid Legit Mmj Operations

• Thread starter squiggly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

From the recent spending bill:

Sec. 538.

None of the funds made available in this Act to the Department of Justice may be used, with respect to the States of Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington, and Wisconsin, to prevent such States from implementing their own State laws that authorize the use, distribution, possession, or cultivation of medical marijuana.

Sec. 539. None of the funds made available by this Act may be used in contravention of section 7606 (``Legitimacy of Industrial Hemp Research'') of the Agricultural Act of 2014 (Public Law 113-79) by the Department of Justice or the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Swell

Swell

Thanks for the update Squiggly,

The article is quite interesting and hopeful.

Just wondering about the states that come after this bill.
Will they be flooded with federal money since the others can't get it?

squiggly

squiggly

Yup there funding will be from all our cash and assets.more busts more money (funding).

No, newly appropriated money is covered under this law.

If the law stays on the books in future budget eventually any money will completely dry up. My guess is there already isn't very much if any.

sixstring

sixstring

i've done a ton of reading on this subject recently,its sickening how much money they take each year from americans.

The Department of Justice Asset Forfeiture Program encompasses the seizure and forfeiture of assets that represent the proceeds of, or were used to facilitate federal crimes. The primary mission of the Program is to employ asset forfeiture powers in a manner that enhances public safety and security. This is accomplished by removing the proceeds of crime and other assets relied upon by criminals and their associates to perpetuate their criminal activity against our society. Asset forfeiture has the power to disrupt or dismantle criminal organizations that would continue to function if we only convicted and incarcerated specific individuals.

(DEA) implements major investigative strategies against drug networks and cartels. Enforcement operations have resulted in significant seizure and forfeiture activity. A significant portion of DEA cases are adopted from state and local law enforcement agencies.

note that last line^^^^ they basically get cases from state and local agencies handed to them,they dont even have to look for work.its just handed over to them upon request.

It might be crazy, but civil asset forfeiture happens in every state in the union. Even if the state has laws that limit it, state and local law enforcement authorities can still seize property by partnering with federal law enforcement officials in a system called “equitable sharing,” and payouts to state and local agencies have increased nearly 250% over a 12-year period.
Equitable sharing

they gots the money :)

drewski85

drewski85

Didn't some asshole use a loophole in the spending bill to block rec cannabis in d.c?

K

kolah

The private banker takeover in 1913 which distributes funding for federal drug busts (which includes cannabis) is directly related to cannabis. It's only my opinion but I think anything regarding laws and the enforcement of cannabis is all "political." Its pretty hard to separate them and have an educational, informative, truthful and accurate discussion.

Last edited:
K

kolah

I think our government is worried about a revolution
they should be
I think they're going to let us have the weed
we shall see

I think we are seeing the "legality" of MJ coming into full view. The states and the feds want both sides of the profits...... they'll keep busting people, seizing assets while they continue to cash in on the "legal" side of things ( tax revenues, licensing, etc). A win-win for them. I stated this many years ago.

The legal aspect has aided the LEO's and popped up the heads of weed smokers and growers
(ie it compiles a nice registry of names and addresses) And as an added bonus they now have CPS kidnapping our children.

Last edited:
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

What we all are seeing is change! As slow as it may be can anyone argue that our movement hasn't made leaps and bounds in the past twenty, ten, five, and even last year? This is happening , now we must all be active in making sure our ship sails smoothly through the rough waters ahead. As for now , we're killing it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom