Feds Targeting California Pot Dispensaries; Told To Shut Down In 45 Days

• Thread starter DazedNconfussed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Well said Tex!

However, NO not everyone read the writing on the wall. Those of us that have been in this "biz" for a long time, pre-medical laws and regs, we fully understood the risks involved, just like we did back in the old days. Most of us have been well versed in the government's trickery and were expecting a crackdown. Most of us have been through the system or know someone that has, or are educated enough to realize that they wouldn't allow a free reigning open market for too long.

However, most dispensary owners don't fall into this category. I am speaking of the rich kids that came out here with daddy's money to open a pot shop. They had no basis in the "industry" outside of occasionally buying 1/8ths and sneaking out of their college dorm to smoke a poorly rolled joint with their frat brothers. These are the ones that believed that it would be fully legal by now. They believed that this open market was a new thing and that all of this would continually expand and progress without any further interference. Most of them have never had a run in with the law, nor do they have any understanding of the "invisible hand" that runs a so-called American "free" market. I have spoken to at least a dozen owners/investors/etc. both in California and Colorado that were expecting to become millionaires with zero fear of IRS or Fed involvement. Most of them were expecting this industry to be fully legal by the end of this year and supported Prop. 19. The only free markets are the underground ones...the only legit business in American anymore is big business. You want to be legit? You better pay off Uncle Sam and be ready to bout with the big boys, Pfizer, Merck, Glaxo-Smith, Monsanto, FDA, FBI, DEA, IRS....all part of that same "invisible hand".

Good luck frat boys, you are gonna need it...you won't find me anywhere near it...

B

bluedog

Yeah a clampdown was inevitable. You see the ads in the back of local weekly papers, hot chicks in bikinis offering free grams or pre-rolleds. Guys in lab coats on street corners handing out flyers. I just hope they all don't close. While I think most people buying at the clubs are just stoners there is a real need for cannabis among the sick. Where will the edible market,which cancer treatment patients use more than smoke, go if the clubs close. That whole industry will be virtually knocked out. I use a topical cream on my neck injury that works like a miracle and does not get you high.Those will all be gone too without the clubs. Those that need it most will be the ones that suffer. All the tokers will eventually make their way back to the streets to score. And you know who is already in place to fill that distribution void without the clubs around, the mexican drug cartel with networks in all the big cities. It makes me sick.

N

noone88

City of Costa Mesa has requested assistance from the DOJ. Shakedown in that city is forthcoming..

Some shops in the 909 have ignored the letters are still open, but no longer listed on weedmaps. A lot of shops are trying to figure out how to stay open, increase business, but without using weedmaps.

cheebnchonk

cheebnchonk

City of Costa Mesa has requested assistance from the DOJ. Shakedown in that city is forthcoming..

Some shops in the 909 have ignored the letters are still open, but no longer listed on weedmaps. A lot of shops are trying to figure out how to stay open, increase business, but without using weedmaps.

How did you find out that info about Costa Mesa?

M

mrdizzle

legalizing weed would be cool but the fact is, ron paul is an idiot and is fixated on shit that are unable to be changed

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Control go's back 2 the streets where it all started.. It's juss back 2 the old days that's all.. Weed will still be everywhere in Killa Cali

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

When oil runs out and they can't enforce their slave empire anymore, cannabis will be growing out of the cracks of the side walk!

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

legalizing weed would be cool but the fact is, ron paul is an idiot and is fixated on shit that are unable to be changed

Wow very good grammer for calling someone and idiot. I guess the armed men and women who fight our wars are idiots to for supporting him. Fact is he gets more donations from active military than all other presidential candidates--Republican or Democrat--including having raised more funds from this segment than all other GOP competitors combined, and more than incumbent President Barack Obama. I think this says something big when the people who signed up to protect us say "hey we want this person to be our commander and chief". Once all the people who actually like what Ron Paul says actually vote for him instead of voting for who they think will win, change will happen. The senate will have to follow him if they want to be re-elected, since enough people are ready for change. I know this govrnment has growen more than 50% since 2000, I guarantee our population hasn't. I am ready to cut back what has growen out of control! Sorry for the :fighting0085: rant...phew I feel better

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
LordDankinstien, You are correct! Ron Paul has a voting record! None~-~come even close to Ron Paul on the issues that count for us! Freedom is where he is King! He is for small govenment that should tell you all you need! He is a constitutionalist! Ron Paul gets in to office and we will all breath alot easyier! And ..I for one would sleep much better, too! monkey5

M

mrdizzle

Wow very good grammer for calling someone and idiot. I guess the armed men and women who fight our wars are idiots to for supporting him. Fact is he gets more donations from active military than all other presidential candidates--Republican or Democrat--including having raised more funds from this segment than all other GOP competitors combined, and more than incumbent President Barack Obama. I think this says something big when the people who signed up to protect us say "hey we want this person to be our commander and chief". Once all the people who actually like what Ron Paul says actually vote for him instead of voting for who they think will win, change will happen. The senate will have to follow him if they want to be re-elected, since enough people are ready for change. I know this govrnment has growen more than 50% since 2000, I guarantee our population hasn't. I am ready to cut back what has growen out of control! Sorry for the :fighting0085: rant...phew I feel better

i pretty much agree with 90% of what ron paul says, but then he makes radical suggestions without a road map on how he would , example, eliminate the IRS.

I mean shit if you want to see campaign promises broken, vote in ron paul, not because he doesnt really want to change things, its because he so unrealistic

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

If he can do 10% of what he wants to do I would be a happy man! Most the other candidates are just another politician trying to keep face saying what everyone wants to hear. All I really hear is a bunch of sugar coated bullshit! When Ron Paul talks he hits all those dirty topics that most people who rely on the gov don't want to hear. If your the type of person who use's gov programs for benifit or ok with gov being envolved with your decisions then you probably not going to understand how society will work without it.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I understand Cain also wants to abolish the IRS in favor of a 9% sales tax,9% income tax and 9% industry tax. So I don`t think ending the IRS is unreal.Now get rid of the Fed and crack down on Wall Street and the Banks and you have a start!

urbanfog

urbanfog

I understand Cain also wants to abolish the IRS in favor of a 9% sales tax,9% income tax and 9% industry tax. So I don`t think ending the IRS is unreal.Now get rid of the Fed and crack down on Wall Street and the Banks and you have a start!

AND LAWYERS!

Always like your posts Mark

UF

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Cain:Who Is The True Conservative And Other Stupid Questions
October 3, 2011 by Bob Livingston

PHOTOS.COM
Several of the GOP Presidential candidates dodge questions.Herman Cain, GOP Presidential candidate and former chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve, is tired of “stupid questions” about the Federal Reserve. He says so in his new book, This Is Herman Cain, according to The Daily Caller.

“I get the same stupid question at almost every one of these events,” Cain writes. “I know it’s a deliberate strategy. How can a person randomly show up at a hundred events and ask the same stupid question to try and nail me on the Federal Reserve? It’s really becoming annoying more than anything else.”

Displaying an astounding paranoia, Cain says supporters of Congressman Ron Paul of Texas are out to get him by accusing him of not wanting to audit the Fed.

“I have never said that,” Cain wrote. “I have said: ‘I don’t think you’re going to find anything to audit on the Federal Reserve.’ But they want you to believe that Herman Cain doesn’t want the Federal Reserve to be audited.”

Except that Cain did say that and it is on the record here. According to Cain, there’s no need to audit the Federal Reserve because “all you have to do is call them up and ask” what you want to know and they’ll tell you.

That’s as nonsensical as calling up the Gotti family and asking for a monthly tally of successful mob hits and drug deliveries and expecting an answer, as evidenced by the prevaricating, hedging, backtracking and sleight-of-hand Paul gets when he quizzes Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke in Congressional hearings. Bernanke’s predecessor, Alan Greenspan, was even more famous for saying a lot but revealing nothing.

If Cain really believes that people can get the truth out of an organization as secretive as the Federal Reserve — which fights tooth and nail every disclosure request and for two years refused a Freedom of Information Act request to reveal which banks it bailed out with billions of United States dollars and has forever rejected calls for a Congressional audit — he’s too big of a fool to be President. The alternative to that is he’s a Federal Reserve stooge, which I believe to be the case.

On top of that, Cain’s claims in his book that he doesn’t think anything is to be found in a Fed audit is an example of the flip-flop demonstrated in this video.

And there are other questions Cain doesn’t want asked. Like what is his current stance on the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) bailout — that he once defended so vehemently, going so far as to call those who opposed it “economic illiterates” — now that he sees that it not only had no positive effect on the economy, but was essentially a piggy bank for propping up President Barack Obama’s campaign donors, foreign banks and Bernanke’s and former Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson’s Goldman Sachs bankster buddies?

But Cain isn’t alone in his quest to avoid the tough questions. Texas Governor Rick Perry doesn’t want any questions about all the State dollars he sent to his friends through cushy government jobs and appointments that were then funneled back into his campaign coffers — including those from Merck that led to his mandating all Texas school girls get Gardasil vaccines. Or about what he really wants to do with Social Security. Or about why he supports giving illegal aliens special benefits. He believes anyone who opposes special benefits for illegal aliens is “heartless,” or he did until he realized he had offended about 90 percent of his supporters.

monkey5

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Markcastle, Did you know that Cain is a former Fed. Chairman? Bob Livingston is a conservitive writter & not a Ron Paul groupie either! Well, I hope this will clear peoples minds up! Show me the money! Lol..
monkey5

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Been talkin to my buddies in Laguna Hills and they say that despensaries are closin left and right out there...guess the feds tactics are going to be pretty effective this round...

Tex

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Been talkin to my buddies in Laguna Hills and they say that despensaries are closin left and right out there...guess the feds tactics are going to be pretty effective this round...

Tex

Any area that has recieced federal letters is a collective graveyard right now. Temecula and Elsinore just lost 10-15 collectives. In riverside probably 20 have closed up or moved. I've also noticed weedmaps will drop the collectives listing the second they get a letter. I wonder if the feds are on weedmaps too

Top Bottom