Feed for mums before taking cuttings

• Thread starter minster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

minster

Hi all, another dumb question - soz

I have read much about either feeding bloom nutes or plain water ( and foliar plain)before taking clones from mums - premise seems to be to lower nitrogen and increase phosphorus to aid rooting - is this correct or myth? Other materials say not to change anything but keep the mums healthy as poss before hand.

I am about to try my first cloning from my plants and was wondering If you guys change the feed schedule for mums prior to cloning or could share experiences?

Any inputs appreciated, thank you

Minster

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
There are some nutes specifically made for mother plants, maybe called "Love your mother?" Not too sure on the name, look around... but.... I usually just feed my mom's plain water for a week before taking cuttings... supposedly flushes the nitrogen, which inhibits rooting... not sure if it works, I usually get good success even when using fully fed moms..... and I used to keep my mom's in Sunshine No 4... which holds nutes pretty well.... and had great success cloning then, too.....

I think cloning success has a lot more to do with the nutes or additives given the clones than the moms.... I started using Silica Blast and have had great success, both in my Ez-Cloner, and Rapid-Rooters.... another product I am now swearing by is Roots Excellerator... can't believe I never used it until a few months ago, it is amazing!

M

minster

There are some nutes specifically made for mother plants, maybe called "Love your mother?" Not too sure on the name, look around... but.... I usually just feed my mom's plain water for a week before taking cuttings... supposedly flushes the nitrogen, which inhibits rooting... not sure if it works, I usually get good success even when using fully fed moms..... and I used to keep my mom's in Sunshine No 4... which holds nutes pretty well.... and had great success cloning then, too.....

I think cloning success has a lot more to do with the nutes or additives given the clones than the moms.... I started using Silica Blast and have had great success, both in my Ez-Cloner, and Rapid-Rooters.... another product I am now swearing by is Roots Excellerator... can't believe I never used it until a few months ago, it is amazing!

thanks Bud :) - can you use Roots Excellerator before roots are showing? How are you using it?

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
thanks Bud :) - can you use Roots Excellerator before roots are showing? How are you using it?

No, not until they show.... so about 2 or 3 weeks... whenever the dome comes off, or the nubbins are showing... depending on the medium... 1.1 ml per gallon, same as the package says... I think it makes the roots needed for transfer to bloom come twice as fast...

half baked

half baked

jus feed you rmother water for a week to help lower the nitrogen in her then take ur cuts, after it take 2-3 weeks of feedin her to be back to normal, thats what i do man and get 100% success rate

peace hb

L

Luck Dragon

mums

Hit that shit dead on ! Just get the nitro down just like he said. I tried it and my cutting rate went to 99-100% easy- peasy. In coco and in hydro buckets.

S

SSHZ

Reduce N and spray them down with fresh water daily for 4-5 days......... this deletes out the a N too. They should get a little woody for you and then you're ready.

Latest posts

Top Bottom