"Feed the Soil" and feed your head!

• Thread starter GDub51
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GDub51

GDub51

Just finishing this years harvest. Long cool spring here (SoCal) so very late ripening, not till late October. First year with the "Feed The Soil" (not the plant) school of thought and I am here to report that it is the BOMB! I left all the chemicals in the garage and just got a 35 gallon tub, bubbler, pump, and tea ingredients, brewed up some LIVE tea and gave this as the only food provided other than what comes already in Fox Farm Ocean Forest blend. Got NO diseases of any kind, and the appearance of cabbage loopers was remedied by Pietro my praying mantis. (see pic) Also new this year was (because of the small harvest and doing it in stages over a month) the idea of trying drying, curing and aging the crop in my wine locker. I already kept my stash there but drying and curing at 64'F and 58 to 64% RH very slowly (6 to 10 days) has given me my smallest crop ever but the mightiest! (small crop due to seed problems, another thread I need to do) White Widow is shown, also did some Gorilla Bomb. Small crop I realized would all fit in my wine locker where I already store my stash. Done in stages over 5 weeks (harvested in stages for various stages of ripeness from all white to 40% amber) They dried, cured and are stored all in the locker at 64F and 58 to 65RH! Perfect conditions takes a good week to dry, several more to cure then Boveda stabilized at 62% RH. Kept this way, last years stash is better than ever! But it got hot and dry during harvest last year and it dried too fast (three days). But the biggest news to share is the "feed the soil" technique. My soil was hard to the touch on top at the end by the crowding of the rhizomes activity. I heartily recommend studying this technique to adapt for yourself. It will save you time, money and heartache while creating the best crop ever! Good Luck!

Feed the soil and feed your head
Feed the soil and feed your head 2
Feed the soil and feed your head 3
Feed the soil and feed your head 4
Shamashmagu

Shamashmagu

WTG! Now you can make it even better, just need to take that soil and mix it up with more compost, plant meals and rock dusts and your ready for the next round.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Just finishing this years harvest. Long cool spring here (SoCal) so very late ripening, not till late October. First year with the "Feed The Soil" (not the plant) school of thought and I am here to report that it is the BOMB! I left all the chemicals in the garage and just got a 35 gallon tub, bubbler, pump, and tea ingredients, brewed up some LIVE tea and gave this as the only food provided other than what comes already in Fox Farm Ocean Forest blend. Got NO diseases of any kind, and the appearance of cabbage loopers was remedied by Pietro my praying mantis. (see pic) Also new this year was (because of the small harvest and doing it in stages over a month) the idea of trying drying, curing and aging the crop in my wine locker. I already kept my stash there but drying and curing at 64'F and 58 to 64% RH very slowly (6 to 10 days) has given me my smallest crop ever but the mightiest! (small crop due to seed problems, another thread I need to do) White Widow is shown, also did some Gorilla Bomb. Small crop I realized would all fit in my wine locker where I already store my stash. Done in stages over 5 weeks (harvested in stages for various stages of ripeness from all white to 40% amber) They dried, cured and are stored all in the locker at 64F and 58 to 65RH! Perfect conditions takes a good week to dry, several more to cure then Boveda stabilized at 62% RH. Kept this way, last years stash is better than ever! But it got hot and dry during harvest last year and it dried too fast (three days). But the biggest news to share is the "feed the soil" technique. My soil was hard to the touch on top at the end by the crowding of the rhizomes activity. I heartily recommend studying this technique to adapt for yourself. It will save you time, money and heartache while creating the best crop ever! Good Luck!
I too am an organic grower....its hard to go back to chemicals once you do.
I'm very happy for you, but I do hope you see the bud rot that is in that last pic of the close up bud.

Try actinovate next yr ... its organic and it's a benificial bacteria that actually eats botrytis.

Keep up the good work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom