Feeding Advanced Nutrients Runoff Question

• Thread starter Siz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Siz

Siz

I am using Advanced Nutrients and I cant seem to dial in my feedings.

I am using the Sensi Coco line with all additives minus microbes and bud factor x.

I was also using cal-mag in veg up to week 2 of flower.

I am feeding around 2.4 EC which is almost full strength. I feed with nuts every watering. My runoff comes out around 4 EC. PH input is 6.0 and comes out 5.5-5.6 ph.

They told me to not pay attention to the PH because it is their PH perfect line and told me to not pay attention to runoff ec because of organic nutrients in the line. So basically I have to go based on the looks of the plants.

I am a new grower this is my second run and it makes me paranoid to see these numbers. Plants look fine for the most part. The upper canopy thats closest to the light has some yellowing and brown spots.

Any help is appreciated. I am using this line because I have had some of the best buds grown from this line but all these bottles and not being able to dial in with numbers is really turning me away. Thinking of moving to Drip or House and Garden next run.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Wish I knew, I was thinking about switching to this line so I’m watching for any advice

Siz

Siz

My runoff is coming out 5.3 ph and 6.0 ec with my input at 6.0 ph and 2.8 ec.

Grower support is telling me to continue to feed full strength as long as they look fine. Numbers dont matter.

This is insane… 🤯

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Wish I knew, I was thinking about switching to this line so I’m watching for any advice
i've ran advanced nutrients full "synthetic-organic" line for some years, full organic line plus big bud power with great results , BUT
its too expensive for what it is, and now iguana juice doesn't have bat guanos anymore in its formula, so the product i really vouched for i no longer vouch for it. Big Bud powder is great stuff and goes a long way, lotus pro boost is also a great flower booster both have Sulphur and amino-acids.

Plant Prod Hydro Veg + Calcinit (2:1 from start to finish), it's the most cost effective chemical fertilizer there is on the market. Plus a flower booster powder too.

Or go GH Maxi Gro/Bloom you can even grow veg/flower from start to finish with only Maxi Bloom Powder and a flower booster, big bud powder or lotus pro boost would be my go to for simplicity and quality products.

Powders just last a lot longer, are much more concentrated and pure.
if you want some carbon and beneficial too in your synthetic grow, get a nice humic acid in liquid form and the beneficials you like best.

i no longer vouch for GH floranova, since hawthorne bought gh thIS product QC has been different, and the filtration is worse than ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Siz
Siz

Siz

i've ran advanced nutrients full "synthetic-organic" line for some years, full organic line plus big bud power with great results , BUT
its too expensive for what it is, and now iguana juice doesn't have bat guanos anymore in its formula, so the product i really vouched for i no longer vouch for it. Big Bud powder is great stuff and goes a long way, lotus pro boost is also a great flower booster both have Sulphur and amino-acids.

Plant Prod Hydro Veg + Calcinit (2:1 from start to finish), it's the most cost effective chemical fertilizer there is on the market. Plus a flower booster powder too.

Or go GH Maxi Gro/Bloom you can even grow veg/flower from start to finish with only Maxi Bloom Powder and a flower booster, big bud powder or lotus pro boost would be my go to for simplicity and quality products.

Powders just last a lot longer, are much more concentrated and pure.
if you want some carbon and beneficial too in your synthetic grow, get a nice humic acid in liquid form and the beneficials you like best.

Yeah Ive been reading this everywhere. I only went with this line because we used it at a dispensary I worked at years ago and the quality was something I havent seen in years.

I just cant grow based off looks I need to follow numbers since im fairly new.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Yeah Ive been reading this everywhere. I only went with this line because we used it at a dispensary I worked at years ago and the quality was something I havent seen in years.

I just cant grow based off looks I need to follow numbers since im fairly new.
VEG you want to run at 0.5-1.5EC (1.5ec for 2months old big plants tho)
flower 1.5-2.2EC max (2.0-2.2EC maybe and only at peak flower in coco), cultivar dependant.
on coco based media at ph 6.0, PH perfect i don't buy it tho, i would still ph before feed.
runoff will always be higher than what goes in, that's normal. you want 20-30% run off for replenish nutrients in the media with correct ratios and that's it.
Drain to Waste! don't let runoff on the trays

yep i used advanced nutrients back in 2006, when their products were better overall.

F

Fuzzmo

I am using Advanced Nutrients and I cant seem to dial in my feedings.

I am using the Sensi Coco line with all additives minus microbes and bud factor x.

I was also using cal-mag in veg up to week 2 of flower.

I am feeding around 2.4 EC which is almost full strength. I feed with nuts every watering. My runoff comes out around 4 EC. PH input is 6.0 and comes out 5.5-5.6 ph.

They told me to not pay attention to the PH because it is their PH perfect line and told me to not pay attention to runoff ec because of organic nutrients in the line. So basically I have to go based on the looks of the plants.

I am a new grower this is my second run and it makes me paranoid to see these numbers. Plants look fine for the most part. The upper canopy thats closest to the light has some yellowing and brown spots.

Any help is appreciated. I am using this line because I have had some of the best buds grown from this line but all these bottles and not being able to dial in with numbers is really turning me away. Thinking of moving to Drip or House and Garden next run.
Are you getting 10-20% run off when you water?
How big are your pots?
Straight coco or coco / perlite?

I'm a newb myself. Did this happen last run?

Fuzzmo

chuck88

chuck88

When I used AN ph perfect M/G/B/etc. in ProMIx HP I found it easier to measure ppm's.

Anything over 1000 will Burn 😉 Do Not rely on their recommended doses !

I converted the mm's to drops and had a syringe graduated in drops. Once mixed I would measure the ppm and adjust the amount of drops accordingly.

Did get more than acceptable results but eventually got tired of measuring out six different liquids 😵

Switched to powders, Mega Crop one part or GH MaxiSeries.

Much easier to weigh one powder !

And roughly the same results for much less $$$..

Day 14 of 12/12 with Mega Crop one part...

Two Black African Magic, Malawi x Panama and a Cafe Racer...

17 Mar The Girls day 14

Cheers

Top Bottom