Feeding clones

• Thread starter Ryboburton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Cuttings were taken four days ago. Seem to be doing great just want some input on what to spray them and the rapid rooters with. Just PhD water or a light mixture of clonex solution and how often if food. Thanks

Feeding clones
Feeding clones 2
Feeding clones 3
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey rybo
Did you use clonex gel when you started the clones by dipping the cut bottoms ?
Do not spray rooting hormone , unless clonex makes a specific spray product , i havent checked in a while , i just use the purple hormone dip , its all my clones need...

I would spray the rooters with water to make sure they remain moist , dont spray anything else on them , just wait till roots pop out , should take 8 to 12 days , then transplant them into an appropiate size containet , i like going into solo cups , normally i use pro mix , when the roots grow out a few days to 10 days later i will put them into a nutrient rich medium , fox farm or whatever you are used to ,
Or mix a 1/4 strength to feed your clones ....
Let the roots develope , let new leaf begin growth , take it easy with them , my clone time is usually 3 weeks before i start to treat them like adults , maybe 2 weeks if they are strong , but dont push them too far until they are established ,

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Hey rybo
Did you use clonex gel when you started the clones by dipping the cut bottoms ?
Do not spray rooting hormone , unless clonex makes a specific spray product , i havent checked in a while , i just use the purple hormone dip , its all my clones need...

I would spray the rooters with water to make sure they remain moist , dont spray anything else on them , just wait till roots pop out , should take 8 to 12 days , then transplant them into an appropiate size containet , i like going into solo cups , normally i use pro mix , when the roots grow out a few days to 10 days later i will put them into a nutrient rich medium , fox farm or whatever you are used to ,
Or mix a 1/4 strength to feed your clones ....
Let the roots develope , let new leaf begin growth , take it easy with them , my clone time is usually 3 weeks before i start to treat them like adults , maybe 2 weeks if they are strong , but dont push them too far until they are established ,
Thanks for the info. Yes they were soaked in cloning solution then rolled in cloning gel before the rapid rooter. I’ll just use ph water to mist them and keep it humid till they grow some roots then and harden them off and put them in soil. Prob directly to 3 gallon pots but I have my watering under control Happy growing

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

No. First grow and first cuttings. Took two from each plant

dire wolf

dire wolf

Ok cool , then the only other advice i can offer is to be careful misting the tops of the clones directly , i mist the inside of the lid like you did , but with those hot temps in your dome i would be super careful with the wet leaves , if you dont open the dome 3 times at least a day , in order to introduce some fresh air , those hot temps and mist moisture will rot the tops of the clones , and you will have a tough time managing that ....
Keep humid but dont spray the clones directly for at least a week .....
You might run into problems , maybe not , but it happens a lot when recovering clones are kept too wet in humidity domes ....

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

I haven’t missed them at all. Just the rapid rooters. Typically it’s about 80 in there that was a hot day here in kc and we hadn’t turned the ac on. The humidity is always up but I’m opening them twice per day

dire wolf

dire wolf

Keep us updated , im always interested in new cloning adventures .....

dire wolf

dire wolf

Cuttings were taken four days ago. Seem to be doing great just want some input on what to spray them and the rapid rooters with. Just PhD water or a light mixture of clonex solution and how often if food. Thanks
I advised / cautioned you against spraying because in your opening sentance you asked what to spray them and rapid rooters with ......

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

My bad. Simple stoned mistake. The plants themselves haven’t been sprayed directly period

mancorn

mancorn

I haven’t missed them at all. Just the rapid rooters. Typically it’s about 80 in there that was a hot day here in kc and we hadn’t turned the ac on. The humidity is always up but I’m opening them twice per day

You don't want your plugs dry, but instead of watering the plug, add water to your tray (and keep the level below the groves so the plugs doesn't sit in water). Only wet the plug (from their bottom) if it's drying out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom