Feeding Coco

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Giant

Green Giant

Ok Guys, I have read a lot of info before switching over to a Chow mix... I will get straight to the point, I read that chow likes to be feed many times in a day? I feed once every two days, and they still seem wet. Is it something I'm doing or what? I have pushed it out between feeds to three days.

This is what I have going on...
Chow Mix Hydroton/Coco
5 Gallon pots
5 Plants average size plants
5 Gallon bucket of nutrients
Aprox 20% run off

Like I said, after two days they are not dry yet, I was just wondering why this is with so many saying they feed many times in a day.

deacon1503

deacon1503

depends on their appetite. in veg they might only need once every other day but come week 5 they might need it twice a day. tailor ur feed to ur plants consumption. but dont ever let it dry out or ur EC will go through the roof.

JPLord01

JPLord01

I water mine two times a day in 2gl smartpots for 1 min on a drip setup. I started water two times a day when I get into the 3rd week of flower and there doing fine.

St3ve

St3ve

5 gallon pots are BIG pots when it comes to coco. So unless you're plant is in the 1# plus range it won't need it as often. With coco I try to stick with the smallest pot I can get away with and water many times a day.

Green Giant

Green Giant

depends on their appetite. in veg they might only need once every other day but come week 5 they might need it twice a day. tailor ur feed to ur plants consumption. but dont ever let it dry out or ur EC will go through the roof.

This feed schedule I'm on is from start to finish (maybe less in veg) but for the most part I would not need to feed but every third day.

5 gallon pots are BIG pots when it comes to coco. So unless you're plant is in the 1# plus range it won't need it as often. With coco I try to stick with the smallest pot I can get away with and water many times a day.

5 Gallon pots are too big? When I unpot when I finish, the root mass is huge and tight to the pot, I was thinking of going bigger.... why the smaller pots?

J

Jalisco Kid

Not much O available in a root bound pot. Hard to rinse off roots that tight.JK

St3ve

St3ve

This feed schedule I'm on is from start to finish (maybe less in veg) but for the most part I would not need to feed but every third day.

5 Gallon pots are too big? When I unpot when I finish, the root mass is huge and tight to the pot, I was thinking of going bigger.... why the smaller pots?

Just saying the bigger the pot, the more substrate to hold water. In coco its not as necessary.. but I can't say for sure because I don't know how big your plants are or what kind of pots youre using.

Latest posts

Top Bottom