feeding compost tea in coco coir?

• Thread starter captain.koons
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

captain.koons

Lately I've had interest in gaining knowledge on compost tea.

So it turns out that compost tea isn't that useful for it's NPK values but for it's large amounts of bacteria, fungi, protozoa's, and nematodes. Essentially all of the stuff you'd find in a good soil but suspended in liquid in far less volume.

Does anyone have suggestions on adding NPK values to compost tea? I want to keep my coco unamended and feed liquid fertilizers and preferably keep it all organic.

Cheers,
captain.koons

K

KushMaster707

brew a chicken shit tea and youll have loads of organic N

C

captain.koons

my understanding is non composted manures such as bat and sea bird guano (yes also poultry) will add NPK but won't contribute to the beneficial life.

I wonder how some compost teas become complete like Pure Blend Pro for example.

T

TKGC

We use Jamaiican Bat Guano - 2tbsp to 1 oz per gallon.

I keep it mixing with a submersible aquarium pump, and a couple airstones for a day.

I fertilize once a week w/ H&G, and once a week with the guano tea. The Guano settles to the bottom, so I keep it agitationg & hand water to apply a suspension of water & guano.

Here are some girls @ 40 days - they seem to like it.

Meltdown at 40days
Tray o SSH OS cut 1200
lilzayne

lilzayne

I'm feedin Pure Blend Bloom on top of my Canna nutrient regime. I was a bit skeptical at first but it seems to be workin fine. Hope this helps

opt1c

opt1c

yeah long as you don't use any sterilizers like h2o2 or zone you'll be fine

i like great white added to the coco followed by a nice earth worm casing tea the next day to really get those microbes popping

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I wonder how some compost teas become complete like Pure Blend Pro for example.

Pure Blend Pro is not a tea nor organic. Supplemented with non-organic based nutes to make it complete.

Yes can use teas in coco. I have used alfalfa/kelp, vermicrop, hum tea, mayan microzyme and unleash with blackstrap molasses.

fyi, have also used pure blend pro

Be advised there nay be a possible funky smell with poop teas. Can be stinky

PankFlamingoMon

PankFlamingoMon

If you are feeding everyday in coco with liquid fertilizers you can still use compost tea every week or two? I would love to drum up the microbial life in my coco but don't want to throw off my nitrogen levels or anything. Any in site? Happy Gardening

Pank Mon

opt1c

opt1c

yeah; just add the tea before a res change and let it get fed in or hand water it in; you'll be good to go

PankFlamingoMon

PankFlamingoMon

opt i'm gonna designate a few plants in the garden and do some trials and tribulations. Thanks for the input.

Pank Mon

B

brookstown

I fertilize once a week w/ H&G, and once a week with the guano tea. The Guano settles to the bottom, so I keep it agitationg & hand water to apply a suspension of water & guano.

Here are some girls @ 40 days - they seem to like it.

Very nice, stacked up. So you fertilize once and give plain water the rest of the week? minus the tea day? Never heard that before. your plants look great not much yellowing considering how far in flower they are.

Nice.

B

bangbang24

I use Cash Crop Coco with H+G Coco base nutes. I feed every watering, as well as having Vermi-T in every feed as well at a ratio of one gallon of tea to 100 gallons of feed. I have not flushed once and my runoff is within 0.1ph/150ppm of what I feed at. I started using drip clean during flowering, and think this is the reason I've been lucky and not needed a flush??

Top Bottom