Feeding nutrients schedule and rain

• Thread starter Crimsontide333
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crimsontide333

Crimsontide333

I have outdoor plants that are on a feeding schedule.
I know this actually may be a stupid question, but they are due to be fed either today or tomorrow and it's raining out.
If there is a window of not raining for a couple hours , do I still feed them ? Is this a waste of nutrients , or do I just wait til the end of the rain cycle ? I don't want to disrupt their schedule, but I don't want to waste nutrients either.
I need a little input in the matter please and ty

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Are these liquid nutrients? If so, I'd wait until the rain stops.

Nitrogen is very water soluble and it will be flushed out with a lot of rain. This time of year, I imagine outside plants will be hungry for N.

Crimsontide333

Crimsontide333

I know this actually may be a stupid question, but they are due to be fed either today or tomorrow and it's raining out.
If there is a window of not raining for a couple hours , do I still feed them ? Is this a waste of nutrients , or do I just wait til the end of the rain cycle ? I don't want to disrupt their schedule, but I don't want to waste nutrients either.
Fox farm big grow, & fox farm big bloom

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes synthetic or organically derived as fox farms is would be a wasteful feed. They are in available form and that means they are soluble in water (plants only take up nutrients in this form)

So that means the will be washed from the soil. 2 options are:

1. Wait until it stoos raining.

2. Mive them if in pots to an area shelter of rain and feed.

If it was me id consider organic amendments or slow release ferts for this reason. Personally i see no benefit to organics indoor and likewise no benefits using synthetic or organically derived over organic outdoors other than to supplement organics when close to depletion or after heavy rain

Crimsontide333

Crimsontide333

Yes synthetic or organically derived as fox farms is would be a wasteful feed. They are in available form and that means they are soluble in water (plants only take up nutrients in this form)

So that means the will be washed from the soil. 2 options are:

1. Wait until it stoos raining.

2. Mive them if in pots to an area shelter of rain and feed.

If it was me id consider organic amendments or slow release ferts for this reason. Personally i see no benefit to organics indoor and likewise no benefits using synthetic or organically derived over organic outdoors other than to supplement organics when close to depletion or after heavy rain
Ty, I appreciate the advice.makes.since, luck for me we have a lot of dry days here, and I think I see what your sayin

growsince79

growsince79

Wait till it stops and foliar feed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom