feeding plants the right way!?

• Thread starter theHERBivore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theHERBivore

Ok so not to seem redundant but this has to do with proper feeding .. Lucas formula and bloom boosters. It's obvious to say that Lucas didn't have info for or against additives or bloom boosters because he's never played around with them, so has anyone used a bloom booster with it and more importantly did it help (not being at a 8/16 ratio of pk yet). If your watching your ppms as u feed and you notice ppms are going down (plant is eating nutes and only drinking a little water with it ...ppms stay the same and water level slowly decreases) and ppms are decreasesing slowly and at the proper decrease rate with the water , is it beneficial for the ratio off p/k to get boosted or is the plants intake ratios getting to much for what it can take ..... This is when your watching ppms and your plant isn't even close to a 8/16 ratio ( nute burn at this level ppm is way to much nutrients being feed if you increase slowly and haven't made it to a 8/16 per gal ratio in flower) . If I'm almost at the proper feeding level of ppms and water decrease(3/6 ratio per gallon right now ) would it be beneficial to stay within my ppms and add bloom booster to a 1/2 nute mix to equal the ppms I'm at right now or add on top of the earlier ppms knowing that everyday I check .....
ppms are rising?

Thanks. For any help in advance...aprreciate it !

T

theHERBivore

No one ? It's almost like only a few people grow
this way which Leeds me to think that most people over feet and just throw a bunch stuff in with out watching their ppms.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Most experienced growers deal with nutrient profiles to help taylor your feedings. This goes more into percentages of elements/minerals per volumn than it does with EC/PPM levels.....the basic thoery behind this I guess you could say is get the nutrient profile correct, and your EC/PPM levels will be in place as well.

A

aaxxeell

+1, BioMaster is correct

in my experience you just gotta play with using different ratios.
i simply used different brands whether its 1,2,3part or lucas and also various pk levels with each and wrote down EVERYTHING in the feeding schedule...
after i established "happy" range that my strains liked i stick with it.

i had superskunk, northernlights, og kush and bubble gum at the time of playing with lucas but ended up dropping it as most of my strains simply perfomed better and seemed to prefer a good a+b with pk
(mainly coz of the nute pig s.s)

thats not to say u should drop lucas, best thing to do is keep experimenting and read read read

good luck dude

Camnibus

Camnibus

I just drop the TDS, 200-400ppm, four weeks before I start flushing (3days, it's hydro!, burns pure white) and start using koolbloom, and nectar. Buds get very heavy, very fast. I never had to tie them up using just lucas formula. But with the bloom and nectar, It's not an option, they more than double in size compared to lucas only.
Good Luck!

(Do not follow the directions on either one! Half recommended is plenty, koolbloom raises ph a little, lol):bong-hits:

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

A proper profile is a proper profile. Unless your in DWC there is no need to gradually "work up" to the proper 8/16.

Top Bottom