feeding scheduele hydro

• Thread starter mrjones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrjones

i have a 4x4 ebb and flow tray with 40 gal, rez and im wondering how concentrated the nutrient solution should be for clones
and also how much i should raise the ppm per week
based on plant size or wat?
im really confused on what the scheduele should be
follow the scheduele on the bottle/ or what about the feeding chart for nutes such as general hydroponics? i heard suppose to be at 1/4 strenght of what is recommended
should i use hydroton or rockwool?
1000 watt? or two 400 watt? 4x4 tent
please any advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad0233:
:sign0065:

audius

audius

ok, heres my 2 cents on this,with my clones ,i only use tap water in my cloner till i see roots starting to form, then i switch to ro water with about 300 ppms. i also start bumping up the nutes as the lant grows. threwout my whole grow even in bloom i never go above 1500ppms wich is about 3/4 strenght even then i drop it to close to 1200ppms. never do i use full st. if i was growing trees then yes. as far as a medium thats up to you, personally i use hydrotron, you can reuse it, its a bitch to clean but like i said u can reuse it. ok, lights. if you can keep it cool enough in your tent i would use the big boy its gonna put out plenty of lumans. now i didnt do the math on this but im pretty sure that that would be better than 2 400w. hope this helped ya out some & happy growing.

A

Alien Abductee

I use about the same audius. I run water the first 5 days or so, then 200 ppm till I see small growth, then 400 ppm till the entire plant shows signs of growth. I mean bottom fan leaves, then upper fan leaves, then plant height, then top and new growth. After a few days of full plant growth, I slowly increase the ppm, maybe 25-50 every few days.

A

Alien Abductee

1/4 strength is about 200ppm. thats why i chose that number. 1/2 strength is 400ppm and the upper limit of a rooted clone I use. full strength is 800 and vigorous veg for me. So after you see good growth at 400ppm, slowly increase it to 800 over the next few weeks.

A

Alien Abductee

I also watch the ppm of the res. Lets say if your at 400ppm and your ppm slowly rises in your res, the plant needs less nutes. If the ppm drops, its could use more nutes. The plant will tell you, by the res ppm what it is using.

M

mrjones

yee yee

alright guys thank you!
im gonna get some babies and try out rockwool ontop of a layer hydroton
i have a better idea about ppm now thanks for the advice.

but what if i use rockwool? i heard that i have to set the ph at 5 exactly because the rockwool raises the ph to about 6.4 idk sounds like bs to me
do i set the ph to 5.9 in the rez if thats how i want it or do i have to prepare for adjustment? or ehats the best to set the ph at for this grow?

thanks again!!

A

Alien Abductee

pre soak the rockwool for at least an hour in 5.5 adjusted water before use, you should be fine after that.

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

***DUTCHMASTER, DUTCHMASTER DUTCHMASTER!!!!****

Check out "Replicator" its the rooting compound like Clonex only WAY better, then checkout A.P.S. for your Rockwool fiber, its basically "mother's milk" for anything planted within the rockwool fiber after its soaked in the solution....

(Not knocking anybody elses water solution and PPM marks but when beginning all the clones and seeds, you always want to give it the best "baby formula"....haha) do the water pH and PPM measurments after the cotyledons have popped then your on "High-Street"

M

mrjones

yeah i have heard great things about dtchmaster
what do u use n wat does ur scheduele look like?
im considering floranova or dutchmaster not sure yet

A

Alien Abductee

***DUTCHMASTER, DUTCHMASTER DUTCHMASTER!!!!****

Check out "Replicator" its the rooting compound like Clonex only WAY better, then checkout A.P.S. for your Rockwool fiber, its basically "mother's milk" for anything planted within the rockwool fiber after its soaked in the solution....

(Not knocking anybody elses water solution and PPM marks but when beginning all the clones and seeds, you always want to give it the best "baby formula"....haha) do the water pH and PPM measurments after the cotyledons have popped then your on "High-Street"

nitrogen is a rooting inhibitor, if you feed it to early, it will not grow roots as fast as without. Running just water, forces the plant to grow roots like crazy searching for nutrients.

Top Bottom