Feeding Seedlings

• Thread starter jerkchicken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jerkchicken

Hey there,

I have some seedlings. I popped the seeds and placed them in jiffy pellets. They took 11-12 days to pop roots through the sides and bottom, then I potted them into 1l (4 inch square) pots into some light mix soil with minimal nutes at 0.7-1.0ec. That was the first food they had, they only had tap water up until then.

Some of them look like they have a deficiency but when I've looked online the closest thing I've seen to them is the ph fluctuations bit on grow weed easy. Com. Patches/dots turn into stripes in between the veins. They are light coloured and indented into leaves.

The ph of the water was slightly high while they were in the pellets but they weren't feeding so didn't think it mattered too much. The pellets were kept quite wet as I get paranoid about them drying out too much as they dry quickly.

I guess my question is should I be worried about ph before they're feeding and how early should I feed seedlings. I use Dutch pro and start them on take root first then veg a&b after. When should they start having the base nutes?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

J

jerkchicken

The soil has the nutes in, I haven't added anything at all...

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

This is how i always done it in peat pellets is purchase a bag of EWC and a bag of miracle grow seedling mix soil i then add 40 percent EWC to 60 percent MG seedling soil mix well and place into a 4" pot i make my hole the size of jiffy pellets water hole and carefully slice bottom of jiffy single cut .
i then place in new pots cover and water

That should take plants into 3rd week with water only .
and safe to start adding light doses of nutrients @ that stage

As for ph i tend to take extra caution with seedlings and ph to make sure any symtoms that occur are not from PH issues

J

jerkchicken

Ok thanks for the advice mate. Really appreciate it. I think it is ph as I let it drift too high leaving the water out for a day or two and it tends to rise by itself with tap water. I'm confident that's what it is now if you don't feed for first couple of weeks either till they potted. I guess I just carry on making sure ph is bang on, might do it at 6 a couple times to get it down. Hopefully it will sort itself out. They're young enough to forget all about it haha. They look lovely apart from that gsc x og chem/gdp and ghost train haze!

Top Bottom