feeling overwhelmed with my new grow not sure what to do please help

• Thread starter sevare
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sevare

sevare

Hello guys im on week 6 and they are all showing the same deficiency. And they looks weird so short. Only like 1 of them is tall which is also starting to show the deficiency. im not sure if they are auto or photo but im leaning towards photo since ive read that autos would start showing flowering signs right now.
I’m growing in COCO running the lucas method with tap water (i included photos of the measured EC and PPM of my tap water)
2 gallons of water
2ml cal mag
8ml micro
16ml bloom
Then phing between 5.7-6

i thought the issue was that i was using too little cal mag after reading the bottle. i raised the cal mag to 5ml per gallon for a total of 10 and i dont think that helped at all.

(some additional information that i was thinking maybe is the problem but im not sure just seems off to me)

the first couple times when i would make my feed mixture i would only need to add 1 drop of ph up or down to get a drastic change in ph level but now when mixing my nutes its take a whole dropper of ph up or down in order to get the same effect. so maybe my ph up and down has gone bad since i used the same dropper for both of them?

Feeling overwhelmed with my new grow not sure what to do please help
Aaaaaaaaaaa
Image0 2
Image1
Image2
Image3
Image4
Image5
Feeling overwhelmed with my new grow not sure what to do please help 9
Ponky

Ponky

I PH my water twice. I put it in the bucket. Add the ph down. Put the air stone in. When the ph is all gassed off I PH the water again. Otherwise what happens to me is I ph the water to 6.0. And leave it bubbling and come back and it's at 8.0. After the second dose of ph down it tends to stay stable longer.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I am not a Lucas expert, my comments are more generally oriented. I've done a lot of hydro, I'm getting to the basic availability of nutrients in your water. You need to have that settled, before the mix matters. Frequency and environment they are well discussed elsewhere, and I cannot discuss them as well as others can.

Oh, well I was asking the OP lol

sevare

sevare

I thought the lucas formula was revised for coco its called h3ad formula 6ml micro 9ml bloom? (1 gram epsom salt too?)

Could you give a lil more info about the fertigation frequency and environment please?
48x48x80 tent
Temp: 80f
Humidity: 70
Light: Copacabana Sun 660W/720W/1100W Full Spectrum
i dunno if thats what ur asking?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Plants are showing light/heat stress and swelling between the veins caused by low transpiration rates... this is caused by high humidity. With low transpiration the evaporative cooling from the leaves is poor and so is nutrient uptake both of these reduce the plants ability to use light. So while the light may not be to intense normally it is for these conditions. The swelling is water trapped in the leaves.

You also have dense plants and need to make sure they are getting airflow to the underside of the leaves so they don't get high humidity micro climates.

I take it you are going by VPD without taking into account leaf temps?

Reduce light intensity.

Lower humidity to 55-60%

Make sure the plants get airflow through the plants.

Pruning 2-4 of the largest oldest fan leaves can help with that.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would also verify your meter but depending on the nutrient makeup it may be completely normal to have to add more ph down as nutrient levels increase.

Also if using RO or low ppm water then switch to tap with a higher alkalinity will require more if you happened to do that.

I know nothing really about the Lucas formula as I have never used it so I won't comment on ppm.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Plants are showing light/heat stress and swelling between the veins caused by low transpiration rates... this is caused by high humidity. With low transpiration the evaporative cooling from the leaves is poor and so is nutrient uptake both of these reduce the plants ability to use light. So while the light may not be to intense normally it is for these conditions. The swelling is water trapped in the leaves.

You also have dense plants and need to make sure they are getting airflow to the underside of the leaves so they don't get high humidity micro climates.

Exactly right here.

If it were my grow, I'd take off every single fan leaf up to the third node on the main stem of all of those plants, and then about 15-25% of the fan leaves above them. Those babies need to breathe.

sevare

sevare

Once you pull off most of the leaves and have the plant looking like you killed it. Then its perfect. Strip almost all the foliage off that sucker. And she will reward you with big old buds.
is that something i can do right now? remove all the small leaves from the bottom up to the third node

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

About 4 times that, mainly focusing on leaves that aren't directly hit by the light. and the small fan leaves that grow on branches under the canopy. Any fan leaves growing inward toward the plant are generally good targets to cut.

For that plant, I'd also take off all growth under the first pair of existing fan leaves. That's super dense.

Ponky

Ponky

So what about the calcium deficiency on the leaves the were all showing that
Well if you've been over feeding and aren't sure just run a good flush. Then start feeding again. Wouldn't stress about a few leaves being spotty. If your feeding properly and not having a salt build up and have a decent amount of calcium in your water it will be fine. Otherwise use some cal mag a handful of times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom