felony probation and patient rights in CO

• Thread starter SimplyGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SimplyGreen

I met with my lawyer the other day to discuss some of the recent verdicts in the med state I reside in and to verify I'm doing everything I can to stay legit. I got flying reviews but when I ask her about being on felony probation transferred from IL she informed me that no counties she's aware of in this state will respect my med card while on a drug conviction probation. She said if it was her she would leave and go somewhere more MMJ friendly while on probation. I figure if it's apart of the CO constitution I should have a good shot there. One of my boys is telling me Clear Creek County is a good place to look. Sound right? Anyone have any insight into probation and mmj status or know of a good lawyer I could talk to in the Denver area?

O

oglovinlife18

calli u can be on probation and have the card...i believe it is the only currnt state doing this

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I doubt you'll have much luck if you are on Urine Analyses, however Marinol is 100% legal, so if you were able to procure a legitimate prescription for that, there'd be no way to tell the difference between marinol and smoked cannabis in the tests they take, and you'd have a reason for it to be in your system when you piss hot.

Something to consider, and perhaps discuss with your lawyer.

S

SimplyGreen

calli u can be on probation and have the card...i believe it is the only currnt state doing this

Shit. That sucks. I don't have many connections in nor cal. I was really hoping CO would work.

I doubt you'll have much luck if you are on Urine Analyses, however Marinol is 100% legal, so if you were able to procure a legitimate prescription for that, there'd be no way to tell the difference between marinol and smoked cannabis in the tests they take, and you'd have a reason for it to be in your system when you piss hot.

I just want to be able to be around plants and dried flowers and here caregivers can't be drug felons. I don't care if I don't smoke or highly limit my smoking for a while. These plants are my bread and butter and I need to continue to make hay while the sun is shining. When my probation is done the felony is dropped and I can go back to business as usual. Provided the entire market hasn't changed by then.

I believe I read that caregivers can be drug felons in CO, correct? Can a caregiver be on probation?

D

DoobyScoo

I believe I read that caregivers can be drug felons in CO, correct? Can a caregiver be on probation?

State or Federal?
Just can't work in the 'biz' with a felony HB-10-1284 and HB-11-1043.
Not that you'd want to anyway.

S

SimplyGreen

IL State charges.

I don't want a MMJ center. I'd prefer patient status but would settle for caregiver if I had to.

I'd keep a separate apartment and have an LLC so they wouldn't need to know but if by chance I'm caught at a grow house I need my presence around the plants and/or dried flowers to be legal.

A primary caregiver who cultivates medical marijuana for his or her patients must register the cultivation site and all patient identification numbers with the medical marijuana state licensing authority and comply with all zoning and building codes.

The idea if registering a grow is unsettling.

S

Seed Buyer

Simply Green...How can you even leave the state of IL or move out of IL if you are on probation?

DoobyScoo...does it matter in Co if you are on Federal Probation? I have a friend I wanted to drag out to Co with me but he is about to be on Federal Probation.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Simply Green...How can you even leave the state of IL or move out of IL if you are on probation?

DoobyScoo...does it matter in Co if you are on Federal Probation? I have a friend I wanted to drag out to Co with me but he is about to be on Federal Probation.

Yes, about the Fed Probation.... big deal to move that shit, and no way no how will they let you smoke weed, even in Cali, or Colorado.

S

Seed Buyer

My friend is a skilled grower who doesn't partake, so there's no chance he could fail a drug test. My concern is he would get out here, get his card and the state of CO would tip off the feds. Does anyone know if the state of CO investigates if an applicant is on state or fed probation? When you fill out the paperwork with the state do they even ask?

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
My friend is a skilled grower who doesn't partake, .........

What? That's like a Winery where the owner doesn't drink. How does he even know if he's any good? Maybe his weed tastes like metal, or nitrogen... how would you even explain that if he doesn't smoke?

S

Seed Buyer

He knows its good because me and my other friends couldn't get enough of it. Hes been blazing for decades but has quite due to his pending federal case. I am sure when he gets his legal woes taken care of he will be smoking like a chimney. Sorry to jack this thread.

S

SimplyGreen

I'm not from IL. According to my lawyer in IL I can switch my probation to anywhere I live and work. I was planning on switching it to MI until my lawyer here told me to look for a more mmj friendly State.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

are you on intensive or unsupervised probation? Honestly if I were you, I would take someone with you when you move and have them rent the house and get the card and I would live off site. As far as your question there is nothing on the paperwork that asks about probation but I dont know if you can grow if on probation (I am pretty sure not).

O

oglovinlife18

I'm not from IL. According to my lawyer in IL I can switch my probation to anywhere I live and work. I was planning on switching it to MI until my lawyer here told me to look for a more mmj friendly State.

i dont get it do you live in ill currently? if thats the case then ur best bet is to go to calli i believe it is the only state u can be on parole or probation that will respect the card

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I know people that just got the marinol script and they were golden..felony probation also

Tex

Top Bottom