• Start date
  • Tagged users None

OUTDOOR CHOICE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZONER

ZONER

Howdy Folks,
This will be my second grow outside this year and am looking for opinions on using feminized seeds or regular seeds outside. Oh .... Please vote ....:hungry:

Paperchase

Paperchase

IMO I go with the fem over reg outside cus I cnt take the chance of getting a male but thats only cus I dnt grow to many plates my state is still under a watchful eye ! but other then that I might wud go with the reg cus there cheaper then the fem

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...i'd go with the femminized outdoors but i'd be lookin' to make my own femmed beans too 'cause buying them is prohibitively expensive.

...what i'd do is i'd look to take cut's from the nicest of my outdoor stuff so i could then reverse one or a couple of them so next year i'd have plenty of my own femmed beans, then you won't have to pay $10.00 and more per bean.

...another plus would be your ability to make femmed crosses with your other favorites in your collection, who knows what you'd find then.

peace, bozo

ZONER

ZONER

IMO I go with the fem over reg outside cus I cnt take the chance of getting a male but thats only cus I dnt grow to many plates my state is still under a watchful eye ! but other then that I might wud go with the reg cus there cheaper then the fem
I 'm in the same boat Paperchase, I have some haze Fem's I'm thinking about throwing outside this year, thanks for the suggestion.
I'd say it depends 100% on the breeder...theres some breeders out there I wouldn't touch a fem bean and others I'd run em all day long. MGG
Good point MGG, hope you don't mind if I P.M. You to pick your brain?
...i'd go with the femminized outdoors but i'd be lookin' to make my own femmed beans too 'cause buying them is prohibitively expensive.
...what i'd do is i'd look to take cut's from the nicest of my outdoor stuff so i could then reverse one or a couple of them so next year i'd have plenty of my own femmed beans, then you won't have to pay $10.00 and more per bean.
...another plus would be your ability to make femmed crosses with your other favorites in your collection, who knows what you'd find then.
peace, bozo
Hey Bozo .. I've been running regs for a while and with the outdoor grow I really didn't want to waste a bunch time sexing them again, I would love to make my own Fem's but I have two left hands with all thumbs sometimes. Maybe when I put together a better indoor setup, but For now I'm stuck paying the price as we say ... Lol

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

STS is sprayed on whatever female you want to reverse ONCE and it then becomes male with the caveat that sometimes reversed plants like this don't open the pollen sacks so you have to take the time to grind them up, once this is done you can then apply the pollen to flowers individually.

...if you make yourself a little isolation chamber you can even flower the male without fear of open pollination.

100mic 8x

peace, bozo

btw, this was a project shared by JLP back in 2007 so i don't think he'd mind me sharing it here and if you need more details i have several other pics of the process so just give me a shout and i'll post them up.

lino

lino

GO ORGANIC and throw the tranny seeds in the trash! just the way I roll.

lino

lino

The embryo tell the scientist if you've been breeding organic for many generation. Fem sprays never qualify Organic.

Yes , I know a tranny GG#4 just won the HT cup.

Organic plants can only come from organically produced seed.

Last edited:
Frostynugman

Frostynugman

STS is sprayed on whatever female you want to reverse ONCE and it then becomes male with the caveat that sometimes reversed plants like this don't open the pollen sacks so you have to take the time to grind them up, once this is done you can then apply the pollen to flowers individually.

...if you make yourself a little isolation chamber you can even flower the male without fear of open pollination.

View attachment 381886

peace, bozo

btw, this was a project shared by JLP back in 2007 so i don't think he'd mind me sharing it here and if you need more details i have several other pics of the process so just give me a shout and i'll post them up.

So this thing flowered in a tuperware container? and you had no pollentaion in your regular garden? I just got a male from OG raskal and I want to create something special but dont want to openly pollenate a female. I would love to see a thread on that

Much love,
Frosty

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

So this thing flowered in a tuperware container? and you had no pollentaion in your regular garden? I just got a male from OG raskal and I want to create something special but dont want to openly pollenate a female. I would love to see a thread on that

Much love,
Frosty
the build is posted on the rag, aka ICMag, just do a search for 'isolation' and you'll find it.

...if you post a link to your thread i'll come by and post up the rest of what i have, i think the pics are pretty self explanatory, if you still have questions, then you go to the rag, lol, why get shit on your shoes if you don't need to.

...and lino, i understand all about government certification and all that bs but in this case the op isn't looking to start a commercial breeding operation, he just want's femmed seeds for his outdoor crop, understandable to if you ask me.

...so what if the powers that be would refuse to certify the beans as 'organic', and what would stop the op from raising the parent and the progeny in a totally organic way? ...again, so what what the powers that be might have to say on the subject, i say 'phuck them'.

...but that's just me.

peace, bozo

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

the build is posted on the rag, aka ICMag, just do a search for 'isolation' and you'll find it.

...if you post a link to your thread i'll come by and post up the rest of what i have, i think the pics are pretty self explanatory, if you still have questions, then you go to the rag, lol, why get shit on your shoes if you don't need to.

...and lino, i understand all about government certification and all that bs but in this case the op isn't looking to start a commercial breeding operation, he just want's femmed seeds for his outdoor crop, understandable to if you ask me.

...so what if the powers that be would refuse to certify the beans as 'organic', and what would stop the op from raising the parent and the progeny in a totally organic way? ...again, so what what the powers that be might have to say on the subject, i say 'phuck them'.

...but that's just me.

peace, bozo
Sounds good bozo ill check it out. Havent been on IC mag since early Dec. Stop by and say hello my grow log is just being started would love to see you in there!

K

kolah

I read where it's possible to make fem seeds by using collodial silver. If this is true it may be a "cleaner" way to make fem seeds.

I have mix feelings about the whole fem seed thing. I am unsure where that line in the sand has to be drawn in regards to man's intervention with the natural world. Dunno. And I guess I don't know enough about the entire "fem seed' process, pros, cons etc. . So I go with my gut feelings..I don't like em.'

Now OTOH, when a female plant "naturally" produces her own seeds (which will be female seeds), that's cool.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

yeah, coloidal silver works just fine, but it's a process that requires repeated applications, plus you have to make the stuff which is also a process, with the STS there is also a process and you have to handle it with care because it can be toxic but you only have to go through the process once.

peace, bozo

rvd

rvd

when your fems herm in the middle of flower and seeds the whole crop
you are gonna wish you used regs.males are easy to remove before flowers

ZONER

ZONER

Howdy Folks,
This will be my second grow outside this year and am looking for opinions on using feminized seeds or regular seeds outside. Oh .... Please vote ....:hungry:
Holy Crap .. Getting some great info thanks everyone ....:cool:

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

when your fems herm in the middle of flower and seeds the whole crop
you are gonna wish you used regs.males are easy to remove before flowers
yeah, this only happens if the process is done shoddily, anyone who does his due diligence and applies what he learns should be able to successfully make femmed beans that do NOT hermie.

...mine NEVER hermie.

bozo

ZONER

ZONER

...but that's just me.

peace, bozo
Thanks Bozo maybe I'll just pick up some GIBBERELLIC ACID spray one of the fem plants this summer and put her way down wind.

Top Bottom