Fem Seeds Question

• Thread starter HydroRocks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Question please; A friend had 2 plants in a 4x4 tent and one of them went hermie and started making pollen sacks which pollinated some lower branches of the 2nd plant. The first plant that started making pollen was removed but it was a bit too late as the pollen got to lower branches of the 2nd flowering plant.

My question is he wants to grow out the seeds he got from the 2nd plant's lower branches that got pollinated, are these seeds he is trying to grow female seeds?

Thanks in advance.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
They're Female

But there is a good chance that you will get another herm, better chance than the 1st seeds. He's made seeds with a femmed mom and a femmed hermi dad, the kids would have a high probability of herm's. Those seeds would be painstaking to sort thru with even more probability of herm plants, take care

mal

T

tattoojim

the females will have hermie traits and most likely jump ship under stress. ive seen good plants but not stable.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Thanks folks!

Here is another question for you guys, is there a difference between a hermie that produces seeds as opposed to a hermie that produces pollen?

I thought it kind of strange that this female plant produced pollen. I have seen female plants that had seeds in the buds before and thought that was the only kind of "hermie" plant.

lazarus718

lazarus718

Thanks folks!

Here is another question for you guys, is there a difference between a hermie that produces seeds as opposed to a hermie that produces pollen?

I thought it kind of strange that this female plant produced pollen. I have seen female plants that had seeds in the buds before and thought that was the only kind of "hermie" plant.

If a female plant had seeds in it then it just caught pollen from somewhere, doesn't have anything to do with being a "hermie" plant. Your plant that was originally a female then produced pollen sacs of a male is the "hermie". A female plant won't produce seeds unless it has been pollinated by a male flower. Also, it is pretty common for most strains to put out a banana here and there because most of the crap that is on the market isn't stabilized or the grower has allowed some sort of stress in his grow room.

Top Bottom