FEM seeds with STS and further breeding

• Thread starter stickywet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickywet

stickywet

Hey all!

Have a few questions if people wouldn't mind throwing in some input. Please keep it on topic though :)

So I've been growing for about 14 years but I've never had much opportunity with breeding (just once by accident). I am getting my favorite strain back soon (super hard to get) and I want to create some seeds. Now since I don't have a male, as one doesn't exist for it, I want to create some Fem using STS so I get all fem (no future hermie from what I gather, but please give me your input) and 100% genetically identical to the plant.

That's great. It will allow me to have tons of seeds of her and never have to try and find her again for years.

What I don't know is if I create one that pops fem pollen sacks, what happens if I take that fem pollen and hit other strains with it - that ARE NOT feminized themselves to start with? Will I end up with feminized seeds all the way around or a standard mix or what?

Thanks!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
sweet. very interesting. have you tried it yourself?
Yes, Here are some buds from feminized seeds. (GSC (forum) x the white)
IMG 4650

Seeded Plant
GSC7

GSC BEAN

B

Buzzbait

All become feminized seeds as a result. Regardless of what the source of clones were. (Regular or Feminized seeds). Supposedly to be a Very rare chance of a male coming out of feminized seeds.
That's what I thought and im running Hortilabs starbuds sister and sure enough I had my first full on male with fem seeds.If you use the pollen off the reversed plant all seeds will be female.I have no idea how hortilabs shit has males in it....

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
That's what I thought and im running Hortilabs starbuds sister and sure enough I had my first full on male with fem seeds.If you use the pollen off the reversed plant all seeds will be female.I have no idea how hortilabs shit has males in it....
Thanks for sharing! If I remember correctly. Was a male found in a katsu bubba s1 bean that was used to make purple peyote.

Seems to be a low percentage, but would like to hear otherwise if anyone else has found one.

Shamus

Shamus

Thanks for sharing! If I remember correctly. Was a male found in a katsu bubba s1 bean that was used to make purple peyote.

Seems to be a low percentage, but would like to hear otherwise if anyone else has found one.

i found a full blown male in a larry og x pestilence hybrid (fem)

accidentally killed it tho unfortunately

Shamus

Shamus

has anyone ever bred with a plant partially reversed via STS..

ik in the giant thread on IC about colloidal silver there is much talk of reversing just a few branches on the plant and using the rest of the plant to make S1's with said pollen.. or even hit with other pollen...
ik once its sprayed you pretty much cant smoke it.. but what about breeding with it?

but im curious if the same principle applies to STS, and or if anyone has tried this.. and just general thoughts on doing this

whats the latest into flower anyone has ever sprayed with STS and had success? is it like CS where on should spray several weeks before flower and continue to do so? or is a week or two in an OK time to start?

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

sts is a ethylene inhibitor that needs to be applied during mitosis of the flower,
normally it takes 2-3 weeks for the flower to reach maturity from that point
re. pollinating the doner plant? never tried it as i figured it was stressed too far

fwiw

Shamus

Shamus

sts is a ethylene inhibitor that needs to be applied during mitosis of the flower,
normally it takes 2-3 weeks for the flower to reach maturity from that point
re. pollinating the doner plant? never tried it as i figured it was stressed too far

fwiw

so by mitosis you mean literally any time the plant is generating new cells in flower?

thank you for the reply but that went over my head and seems semi vague, or i just dont know enough to understand that statement

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

so by mitosis you mean literally any time the plant is generating new cells in flower?

thank you for the reply but that went over my head and seems semi vague, or i just dont know enough to understand that statement

correct, any time the plant is creating new flowers
cannabis flowers rely on the ethylene to create female flowers so you will need to have the ethylene inhibitor in place at the earliest stage of the flower for it to work

fwiw

Top Bottom