Female Clone To Male Clone To Seeds = Fem Pheno Like The Original Mother?

• Thread starter DesertRain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DesertRain

DesertRain

OK here's my plan -

I have this one plant (pheno) I like but I will not grow it again for a year or two.

So I thought I'd make some seeds - they are easier to store right? I really need the room a mother would take up.

I cut some clones about two weeks into flower and rooted them, they look fine but of course they are really showing their sex (female) as they were in flower when cut. They have been re-vegging under 16 hour T5's since they were cut on 9/2 (today is 10/23) so 49ish days.

I have started to spray two of the clones today with colloidal silver (30 PPM). In a day or two, I'll pop them back in the flower tent and keep spraying them everyday until they flower again, hopefully as males.

Then I'll pop another clone (or clone of a clone by then) or two in the flower tent and when they are flowering I should have a bit of pollen collected to make a few seeds.

will this work or am I wasting my time?

Toaster79

Toaster79

Sbould work like that and yes you will get 99% or so fem seeds. But the offspring will still have variations. You might find a perfect representaion of mother plant in those seeds but it can also happen that none of them will be exactly like because of recessive genealogy in mother plant.

DesertRain

DesertRain

My biggest worry is that it might create a much greater risk of Hermes?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Too bad you don’t have a buddy that can run her for a while until you need her again.

Top Bottom