Female to Male ratio

• Thread starter RefusedPanda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RefusedPanda

Hi All,

Probably a crazy high thought, but here it goes.

So I germed a 5 pack and all came up female, great right. Well I wanted a male, so I can chuck some pollen and have some beans for next round. After finding out that all were female something came to my mind.

This was supposed to be a regular pack of seeds, so male and female. Now what if breeders now are putting in fem seeds with their regulars to increase their female rates so people will buy their seeds more? I doubt they(breeders and/or seedbanks) are doing this, but you never know what some shady individuals will do.

Anyways, I was away from the scene for a while and before it was all regular seeds. Now all I see is fem stuff. Do they not want us to make our own beans? I get that its all fems but doesn't that take all the fun out of growing? I also find it weird that some people have never even grown from seed, just started from clone.

Peace

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
male female rate is pretty much luck of the draw - statistically some unlucky sap got all males

most breeders sell fem seeds for more - ie: you get 6 in a femmed pack but 10 in a regular pack

a lot of the new femmed stuff is that people are working with clone only strains

4 of 6 my alien super skunks I planted recently turned out to be males - was a bit bummed at first but got 2 really nice males out of the 4 - 1 leaning toward ss and the other more alien leaning - so I am stoked to make some f2's if theres a keeper female of the 2

jagle

jagle

some people i know have had 4 baby girls, not one baby boy, i think someone is putting boys in her...

again its random, noone would bother putting fem seeds into a reg pack, its regular, thats the chance you take. a 10pack could havw 10 guys, 10 girls or any number inbetween

The HC

The HC

From what I understand, though, feminized seeds are no harder to make then normals.

So it's not illogical, but still unlikely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom