feminised OR non feminised

• Thread starter TylerDurden119
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

I've done some reading on this whole feminised seed craze and I'm not completely sold. I recently got a couple mix packs of GH fem seed and am pulling down shortly but the rhino i got from them is laughable it doens't look anything like what i've seen-micro buds with stunted hairs but CRAZY resin on every leaf. The trainwreck looks mediocre. Cheese never made it. GWS looks GREAT and the lemon skunk looks average.

I know these are GH n that may or may not b a problem but from some more experienced bean poppers are fem ok?

Personally I'd like to get regular so i can get males to start messin around with some breeding but if i can't get my hands on a reg version should i look at the fems??

B

bigAl25

If you have one grow room only fems are a good way to go, that is all I have thus I choose fems. If you are lucky enough to have a veg room and a seperate flower room, and you want to make your own seeds then go for the regular seeds and chuck that pollen. This way you only need to buy seeds once, you can make your own. My fem seeds from OGR Raskal and Nirvana have produced good results for me. You can encounter problems with some breeders fem seeds, but you can get those same problems with regular seeds also.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah lots of "breeders" selling untested seeds and some seed banks just straight rip people off

white fire is from fem seeds - one of my favorite smokes out there atm

I agree with bigal:

"You can encounter problems with some breeders fem seeds, but you can get those same problems with regular seeds also."

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

i could see how that could be a problem.

I haven't really paid much attention to the breeder/seed scene for a long time. I have my Big book of buds that has kept me drooling for years until an expo recently came to a nearby city that gave me the option of getting these amazing strains.

Now that I'm gettin up to speed on things I come to find out that some of those breeders/companies aren't what they appear (all the backstories).

So then im seeing 'fem' seed and thats a great but are these seeds essentially clones? Do the phenos vary as i read there supposed to in F2 seed?

The fem seeds i have gotten so far have been 50/50. the GH indica mix pack had a GWS that im happy with, the lemon skunk seems good but the trainwreck seems like its not living up to its rep and the rhino is embarrassing.

BUT, the chronic fem seeds i got have turned out great.

I dunno...

im gona try out the fem rocklock and reg recon hopefully DNA comes thru.

G

grenbone

You might have better luck with some OG Raskal fems than GH fems. Keep a look out because he might drop some fems on his next drop which is happening soon. From the looks of things, you can't go wrong with OGR feminized beans.

winta

winta

i 2nd that my dude! i popped 1 white bubba bean from ogr and got a keeper and popped 2 berrywhite (kksc x white) and found ANOTHER keeper so not all fems are bad. ive had a bad experience with barney's once though a g13 haze bean i popped hermed on me :( but fems arent all bad bro :)

You might have better luck with some OG Raskal fems than GH fems. Keep a look out because he might drop some fems on his next drop which is happening soon. From the looks of things, you can't go wrong with OGR feminized beans.

S

sensisaint

feminized=trouble

i agree that in some circumstances feminized seeds fit the growing criteria, however i would avoid them for one simple reason. THEIR NOT NATURAL, and i believe that males are important.

homebrew420

homebrew420

I think most folk growing fems have a higher tendency toward herming. The few freebies I got that where fems never popped. So no personal experience on that front. I think they have their place for a few different reasons that have already been mentioned. But I wouldn't buy them because I have yet to find something that I want so bad and cant get a hold of either through clone are standard seed. I like the prospect of breeding if a nice stud is found. my 2cents

Peace

G

grenbone

i agree that in some circumstances feminized seeds fit the growing criteria, however i would avoid them for one simple reason. THEIR NOT NATURAL, and i believe that males are important.

What exactly do you mean? Cannabis self feminizes naturally. Spraying sts on cannabis plants does not occur in nature (if thats what you mean).

G

grenbone

Hey tylerD, Check out this thread with some great photos of OGR's purple urkle x the white grown from feminized seeds by SkunkMasterFlex!

S

sensisaint

yes there is third stage ripness that happens natuarlly,but not on all plants.also you can obviously stress the plants without chemical sprays/applications(light stress, ect..) but im speaking about the mass produced fems in europe, ive had many problems from various companies fem work(sprayed plants)espicially hermies. thanks for pointing this out, grenbones.

S

sensisaint

ok so i just checked your link grenbones to skunkmasterflex's grow ograskals white urkle,and i must say truly amzing genetics,great job ogr and the grow is truly a beautiful thing,keep up the hard work skunkmasterflex. i going to try and grab some of his gear. thaks again grenbones.

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

yea those look reaaal nice. ever since i joined i've seen nothing but fiyaaa from raskals genetics. Gona try n get in on his drop for sure.

I'm gona stick with regular seeds. As much fun as this hobby is, making your own crosses is gona b a challenge that im really looking forward too. N poppin seeds is like a lottery, its fun seein what diff phenos u get!

Top Bottom