Feminized Breeding

• Thread starter Bonehead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bonehead

Are all feminized strains selfed or do the breeders actually use a female's pollen on another plant?
If they don't then none of these strains are truly F1?:wondering

D

D9420

Are all feminized strains selfed or do the breeders actually use a female's pollen on another plant?
If they don't then none of these strains are truly F1?:wondering
say you have the Pre-98 Bubba Kush clone. you would grow out a few clones. one of witch you will reverse to collect the pollen. then you will polinate the other Bubba clones that were not treated. after pollination then cut the pollen donor down like you would a regular male. those are considered S1s

when dealing with Fem genetics F1s do not come into play. say you bought a 10- pack of regular F1 beans. and you get 5 males and 5 females. ideally you want to selectively breed them so you use your best looking male to polly the best fem resulting in F2s grow them out and cross the F2 seeds resulting in F3s,4,5 ect.

B

BlowCrack

say you have the Pre-98 Bubba Kush clone. you would grow out a few clones. one of witch you will reverse to collect the pollen. then you will polinate the other Bubba clones that were not treated. after pollination then cut the pollen donor down like you would a regular male. those are considered S1s

when dealing with Fem genetics F1s do not come into play. say you bought a 10- pack of regular F1 beans. and you get 5 males and 5 females. ideally you want to selectively breed them so you use your best looking male to polly the best fem resulting in F2s grow them out and cross the F2 seeds resulting in F3s,4,5 ect.

u mean clone the males and females and then breed to reverse?

N

Nuglover

u mean clone the males and females and then breed to reverse?

I think what he was saying was when you breed a plant with a cutting of itself(breeding with exact same genes) the seeds are S1(S being for self).In this case the seeds should be female because the mother and "father" both contain female DNA. F1's are male and female. When you breed a male F1 and a female F1 you get F2's that can be either male and female seeds. Hope this helps.

D

D9420

I think what he was saying was when you breed a plant with a cutting of itself(breeding with exact same genes) the seeds are S1(S being for self).In this case the seeds should be female because the mother and "father" both contain female DNA. F1's are male and female. When you breed a male F1 and a female F1 you get F2's that can be either male and female seeds. Hope this helps.
thats exactly what i mean:cool0010:
but its not just crossing 2 F1s that make's F2s. you could have 2 strains. the fem strain is a F2 the other male strain a F4 if you breed them you will get F1s the first generation of the cross. use those seeds and cross them you get F2s and so on. so anytime you mix 2 separate strains together male/fem you get F1s

N

Nuglover

but its not just crossing 2 F1s that make's F2s. you could have 2 strains. the fem strain is a F2 the other male strain a F4 if you breed them you will get F1s the first generation of the cross. use those seeds and cross them you get F2s and so on. so anytime you mix 2 separate strains together male/fem you get F1s

If that's the case it clears up something for me. I always known 2 P1's make an F1. But I wondered what 2 F1's bred together would be considered.

F

forehead

I dont think this is correct.f1s make f2s and so on.

a f2 x a f4 from a different line will be a poly-hybrid...i think lol

B

Bonehead

So I have some MK Ultra seeds(reg).Now if I also had their fem version the plants wouldn't be the same?The regular would be true F1 and the fem S1.Is there is a difference?

B

blackone

Feminized F1 seeds are possible though.
Example - if you pollinate Skunk #1 with female pollen of Afghani then you'll get a feminized Skunk#1XAfghani F1.

B

Bonehead

Feminized F1 seeds are possible though.
Example - if you pollinate Skunk #1 with female pollen of Afghani then you'll get a feminized Skunk#1XAfghani F1.

Do any breeders actually do this though?

B

bicycle racer

i make fem f-1's as an example i have made 98bubba/blue dream 98bubba/larry og 98bubba/sfv og 98 bubba/bannana kush as long as the fems crossed are different genetically you are making the fem equivalent of f-1's. im growing some now we will see how uniform they are.

B

Bonehead

i make fem f-1's as an example i have made 98bubba/blue dream 98bubba/larry og 98bubba/sfv og 98 bubba/bannana kush as long as the fems crossed are different genetically you are making the fem equivalent of f-1's. im growing some now we will see how uniform they are.

I agree but,most of the breeders don't,in issue of HT they had pics of a plant Paradise had at the cup that was pollinating itself to show how they make fem seeds.:surprised

B

bicycle racer

all breeders at some point or another work off of others work thats the way it is or there would be no new strains as there are not many true landrace strains anymore. also its better than lying as many so called breeders do all the time in fact many seedbanks dont offer there own genetics at all its all stabilized crosses of established strains in circulation. there are few strains created in the last 10 years that are not based off of already established strains most breeders openly admit this in the description of there seeds for sale. it is really no different than music or art in that way.

B

Bonehead

if your makin seeds to use for you and your circle to grow i think most breeders would be cool with that but if your planning to give them out as freebies or make them available in any way i think the polite thing to do is ask.

I have no intention of making any seeds.Was just curious about what I'm paying for.And now I know I won't be buying any fem seeds unless there's no other choice for a certain breed.

Thank you for the help:passingjoint:

B

blackone

all breeders at some point or another work off of others work thats the way it is or there would be no new strains as there are not many true landrace strains anymore. also its better than lying as many so called breeders do all the time in fact many seedbanks dont offer there own genetics at all its all stabilized crosses of established strains in circulation. there are few strains created in the last 10 years that are not based off of already established strains most breeders openly admit this in the description of there seeds for sale. it is really no different than music or art in that way.
Exactly - I wouldn't feel bad about using established strains to create stabilized crosses.
Just hacking a strain and creating F2's, seconds or what you choose to call them is another matter though, unless it's abandonware(C99, swt#3 etc...) or strains already copied by many others (Skunk#1, White Widow etc. )

F

forehead

I feel that once you buy\obtain the seed ..its yours..then you grow it which makes it intimately yours and your time and energy is now part of the plant..what you do with it from there is your choice.However is would be respectful and most ethical to acknowledge your sources.unfortunately not all seed COs do this...secret pedigree...BITE MY ASS!!

Top Bottom