Feminized Seeds, Plants Had Male Flowers And Buds

• Thread starter Backwards
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BioStimz

BioStimz

Yes I would deal with hermies in order to have the ONLY medicine that helps.

as said i get $760 a month My cousin pays $
I MUST have seeds to grow my medicine and the cost of seeds is CRAZY thanks to prohibition I was looking at seeds for Ed Rosenthal "Big Buds" strain $25 each.

25$..... for 1 seed of Sped Rosenthal's gear?

rofl.... There are far superior genetics for much less. Case-in-point:

I just scored a 10-pack of non-feminized $6k Starfighter F1 x Chemdog #4/Chemdog D bx2.... for $30 bucks, plus shipping.

You have options.... you don't need nanners in your medicine.

~

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I have already lost three fingers on my left hand thanks to Crohns.

during a flare 5 years ago I had muscle spasms in my hand and forearm so bad the ligaments going to the middle, ring, and ligaments snapped then the Duprodens in the palm of my hand curled those three fingers up and they're useless now

I call Crohns hell on earth for a reason.

my medical cannabis transforms that hell on earth to a minor inconvenience.

before cannabis medicine I had 2-3 flares a week every week.

thanks to cannabis I have only had three minor flares in the last 17 months.

Without cannabis my life isn't worth living.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey guys

Im new on the site. By the looks of the info in these forums I think I've come to tbe right place to find the people with the knowlege im looking for.
I've grown indoor and outdoor for years, I'm 48 and grew up in a family that didn't frown on Cannabis.
However, I've always been a plant then sex your plants guy, or I just grew clones. This year I tried some feminized seeds (bubba kush) for outside growing. I grew them in large containers in hp pro mix and used a one part (flora nova) for nutrients.
The plants did well, I had to control their height as I had them in the back yard,
The issue was that out of four plants, three for sure had male flowers as well as buds. The fourth may have as well and I just didn't find them? As they weren't everywhere on the plants.
Naturally there was some seed in the bud, not mature seed, but the buds still got dense like any other grow. Is this a common occurrence with feminized seeds, I can't believe that all my plants were hermaphrodite.
I ended up processing almost all of it into oil, and when you make oil from bud.....oh wow. However that will be my next thread, how fine in microns can I filter oil.....another thread.
Finding a hermie trait in feminized seeds is NOT uncommon. Hermaphroditic traits can be found in a lot of cannabis. It is a natural genetic marker that assures the species survival.

the technique used to make the feminized seed stock can also increase the chances of hermies in your garden.

Growing with feminized seeds and then having grow room environmental stresses can also increase your chance at finding hermies. Here is a list of some common stressors that can cause a hermie fest.

• Changes in the photoperiod, specially interruptions of the dark period during flowering
  • Too much heat (>27°C aproximately), wrong environmental conditions
  • Harvesting too late, when the grower misses the deadline for harvesting his/her plants
  • Mechanical stress: broken branches, damaged roots, pruning during flowering,…
  • Irrigation issues (lack of or excess)
  • Over-fertilisation very common with newer growers. Attempting to force feed monster buds
  • Insects, mites, diseases…
  • Thermal stress (irrigating plants with cold water…)
  • Use of phytotoxic products (pesticides, fungicides…)

Here is a excellent article follow link. Hope this helps.......... https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/marijuana-hermaphroditism/

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have already lost three fingers on my left hand thanks to Crohns.

during a flare 5 years ago I had muscle spasms in my hand and forearm so bad the ligaments going to the middle, ring, and ligaments snapped then the Duprodens in the palm of my hand curled those three fingers up and they're useless now

I call Crohns hell on earth for a reason.

my medical cannabis transforms that hell on earth to a minor inconvenience.

before cannabis medicine I had 2-3 flares a week every week.

thanks to cannabis I have only had three minor flares in the last 17 months.

Without cannabis my life isn't worth living.
Morning 2 bears here is a link I posted today that you may find interesting. Follow the link. Great read!!!
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/males-–-not-as-useless-as-we-think.92795/

B

Backwards

Hey guys

Thanks to all for your input. The conversation got a little off topic, but was still interesting, and good conversation is what it's all about.

Two Bears, you took a little heat for your methodology, but if it works for you, and it helps deal with all you've gone thru, then keep doing what keeps you moving. Thanks for taking time to share with us.

Pretty much, I understood that I should tear them down, which I did, and I still harvested enough good bud to make some phenomenal oil. I have only smoked bud for about 20 years and shatter as well more recently, until I made this oil, and now I'm a "greaser" once again.
Thanks again guys

Talk to ya soon hopefully.

K

kansabis

So I've had a few plants hermie on me and spread a lil pollen to other plants before creating a mix of immature and mature seeds,of the mature seeds that germinated all were female and never produced any pollen sacks,I think this happened because light leaks/stress caused the hermie and not genetics,I don't believe that a plant has to already have hermie genes to hermie,just as we humans undergo hormone therapies to alter our sex to a certain extent,I think this is a similar but not direct example with cannabis. They have hormones that dictate certain actions and if they get out of whack,things happen that normally shouldn't or wouldn't.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Fem seeds are not made from a hermie plant. Hermie seeds produce more of just that, hermie seeds. You may luck out here and there and not get a herm

You grow a male, collect it' pollen, sprinkle on female bud sites, wait, wait, wait, collect seeds.

Making fem seeds
Same as above, but by spraying Colloidal silver on the pollinated bud sites will create fem seeds.
Didn't want to start a thread so I put it here of an older but somewhat related thread..
Seedsherenow is selling Crockett FEMINIZED seeds now..crosses that I haven't seen before from them either..wonder how long they were tested..Was scared of their regulars, and heard some bad stories about there pricey gear, so I wouldn't even consider their fems..especially from SHN (Gnarly bunch if you ask me), SHN is more interested in selling from their fancy artwork than selling proper gear (some of their seeds are good ones though)

BioStimz

BioStimz

Seedsherenow is selling Crockett FEMINIZED seeds now.
They don't have much of a choice.

crosses that I haven't seen before from them either..wonder how long they were tested for a while.
Considering the various published articles about their big release of Bob Ross.... I'd have to assume the new lines were tested.

Was scared of their regulars
Why?

heard some bad stories about there pricey gear so I wouldn't even consider their fems
So what kind of "bad stories" did you hear, that made you stay away from their fems?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

They don't have much of a choice.

Considering the various published articles about their big release of Bob Ross.... I'd have to assume the new lines were tested.

Why?

So what kind of "bad stories" did you hear, that made you stay away from their fems?
Hermies and duds from a "friend" on GC that was looking for Tangie seeds..he was NOT a happy camper and is a good grower. These opinions are all subjective, but it seems like Crockett surfaced out of nowhere and won all sorts of "cups" . Always seemed a bit sketchy, but it can happen I guess..
I tried a few DNA Genetics (same shit I think) and didn't pop any to speak of..the few that did pop were either males or skrawney buggers..Now they have DNA Limited gear and other offshoots from what I have seen..

BioStimz

BioStimz

Hermies and duds from a "friend" on GC that was looking for Tangie seeds..he was NOT a happy camper and is a good grower. These opinions are all subjective, but it seems like Crockett surfaced out of nowhere and won all sorts of "cups" . Always seemed a bit sketchy, but it can happen I guess..
I tried a few DNA Genetics (same shit I think) and didn't pop any to speak of..the few that did pop were either males or skrawney buggers..Now they have DNA Limited gear and other offshoots from what I have seen..
Thanx.... I've never ran their gear, but I'll keep an eye open when I pop their Bob Ross & Snowcone.

Hopefully they'll be venturing into heavier indica-dominant crosses. I'm good with their overflow of Sativa-based strains.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thanx.... I've never ran their gear, but I'll keep an eye open when I pop their Bob Ross & Snowcone.

Hopefully they'll be venturing into heavier indica-dominant crosses. I'm good with their overflow of Sativa-based strains.
I was gonna try their gear, but those prices are not worth it to me..In fact I only have been buying beans that are on sale and am now trying my hand at breeding and making feminized pollen..I have a rather large stock of beans right now (many from the Nov 2017 black frIday sales), and just have not the room/time to try them all..BUT, I love growing/smoking new stuff.

BioStimz

BioStimz

I was gonna try their gear, but those prices are not worth it to me..In fact I only have been buying beans that are on sale
Whatever you do... don't use SHN as a price template lol

And if you are buying from them.... be extremely cautious when purchasing any seeds that come in 5-packs. Make sure the breeder is actually making them available in 5-packs.

SHN likes to break breeder packs down and charge double for the half-pack.

Example, they'll make an additional $200+ bucks on the original 10-pack (which all 10-seeds would sell for $200 everywhere else).

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Whatever you do... don't use SHN as a price template lol

And if you are buying from them.... be extremely cautious when purchasing any seeds that come in 5-packs. Make sure the breeder is actually making them available in 5-packs.

SHN likes to break breeder packs down and charge double for the half-pack.

Example, they'll make an additional $200+ bucks on the original 10-pack (which all 10-seeds would sell for $200 everywhere else).
hahhah..I wouldn't buy anything from those clowns..I just check their site for ideas..not to actually purchase anything..I also noticed that their DJ gear pks don't seem to have the 13 seeds that Old World/second gen breeder pks have..These guys may be gone shortly..(rumors).
I have never had Blueberry seeds that were easy to grow..Tried BC early BB, DP fems..bleh..poor yields and so touchy with nutes..too bad BB is great smoke for me..
I get my BB "fix" from Blue Cheese..easy to grow with excellent yields (grew out MSNL Big Blue Cheese..a pleasure all the way!..only thing was she was too hard to keep propped up as she finished..heavy buds..LOL )

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hey guys

Im new on the site. By the looks of the info in these forums I think I've come to tbe right place to find the people with the knowlege im looking for.
I've grown indoor and outdoor for years, I'm 48 and grew up in a family that didn't frown on Cannabis.
However, I've always been a plant then sex your plants guy, or I just grew clones. This year I tried some feminized seeds (bubba kush) for outside growing. I grew them in large containers in hp pro mix and used a one part (flora nova) for nutrients.
The plants did well, I had to control their height as I had them in the back yard,
The issue was that out of four plants, three for sure had male flowers as well as buds. The fourth may have as well and I just didn't find them? As they weren't everywhere on the plants.
Naturally there was some seed in the bud, not mature seed, but the buds still got dense like any other grow. Is this a common occurrence with feminized seeds, I can't believe that all my plants were hermaphrodite.
I ended up processing almost all of it into oil, and when you make oil from bud.....oh wow. However that will be my next thread, how fine in microns can I filter oil.....another thread.
Thats fun...you better pick (((ALL))) those off or cull the plant... You sure they were fem... Were all the seeds 100% female?

Top Bottom