Feminizing Current Seeds

• Thread starter Kamatari
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kamatari

Hey all, i was wondering if anyone had any tips or techniques to feminize actual seeds or some ways to help increase the chance of females? the current grow ive just done has turned out to be males so im looking at stepping up to a hydro grow but want to increase my chance of females

Cheers for any tips!

B

bicycle racer

you cannot effectively feminize seeds once they have been produced in the normal male female way. you can make a fem plant pollinate itself therefore producing fem seeds.

K

Kamatari

hmm so it would basically be hoping for the best then. is there any tips to help the chances of females :P Also has anyone used gibberelic acid on the actual seeds before?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Feminized seeds suck on their best day, so my best advice would be to forget about feminizing it and just grow it out over and over again from clone..

Tex

B

bicycle racer

do not use ga on your seeds when they pop they will stretch really badly. as for fems at least the ones i have made grow well and dont herm i like them. it does depend on what parent was used and the method some fems are pretty crappy. of course the same can be said for reg seeds as well.

K

Kamatari

Cloning would be my aim :) just gotta get the female plant first! but i dont want to go out and buy more seeds when ive got ones i want to grow now :)

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
CS or STS even GA or stress induced hermis. if you google those words alot of info will come up. and explain the process. but basically you for a female plant to hermi or reverse. it produces pollen since it is a female plant and only has female chromosomes the offspring can only be female. there are some people that have gotten a male seed here and there but its extremely rare.

S

SmokeMan

CS or STS even GA or stress induced hermis. if you google those words alot of info will come up. and explain the process. but basically you for a female plant to hermi or reverse. it produces pollen since it is a female plant and only has female chromosomes the offspring can only be female. there are some people that have gotten a male seed here and there but its extremely rare.

You are correct Kid Twist. I love fems. I have yet to grow any feminized seeds that grew bad or gave me unwanted bud. Maybe I am just lucky but I have grown nothing but strong plants form the different fem seeds I have grown. I think some people give fem seeds a bad name because they had either a bad experiance or because they dont like the way the female seed is produced. But if the fem seed is made correctly then the seeds should ALL be female plants.
The correct way to do this is simple. Take 2 clones(A & B) of the same strain...Spray one of the clones(A) with CS spray in veg and once in early flower. On day 10-20 Plant A will have balls in the spots you sprayed. Now once the pollen starts to drop you now pollinate the other female(B) that is also in flower and now all the seeds on the plant(B) will all be female. Do not grow any seeds from the plant that hermied(A).

I am now reversing(CS) all my best strains and making loads of fem beans for future growing. If you want to keep a good female that best matches your elite once clone only plant, the next best thing is feminized seeds. Other wise its a big pheno hunt imo.

My 2 cents.

~SM~

K

Kamatari

Definately liking all the tips/talk! Once i manage to get my females i'll probably end up doing what you lot have mentioned to get femmed seeds :) Now i just gotta plant my seeds and hope for some females before i can get that far!

B

Beeronymous

why dont you want to grow the seeds from the hermied plant?

R

Rolln J

if a plant hermis on its own with no environmental stress or not forced with chemicals then it has a genetic trait whch could be passed down in the seeds...

Latest posts

Top Bottom