Feminizing Seed

• Thread starter 420budz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
OK, I'm going to start by saying, if I come across as irritated, it's not at you.

You didn't answer the question. You said the same thing I read everywhere "It's not safe, don't smoke it", then they go on to say... "There's are so many sources that support this." Then they either don't provide links or give a plethora of links with a crossection of bloggers, forum posts, experts... blah, blah, blah...

...but not a one say why it's harmful, refer to an expert who says the exact same thing, say it's the grey skin sh*t, or give a link to a paper or study that says something or other to do with silver but has no bearing on the conversation at hand.

My question is, "What chemical/biological reaction is happening in the plant to make a non-toxic metal toxic? People can safely ingest many times the amount of colloidal silver required to herm one branch. I'm beginning to think it's some bullsh*t urban legend.
Ok i’m gonna throw some info out there and i’m going to say that i’m not suggesting this is what takes place in this specific case but its just a possible scenario.
I’m reading on nebulizing CS to help with lung and respiratory system problems. Now this “holistic” or “alternative” therapy is listed on many alternative medicine sites. They claim nebulizing CS is perfectly safe as long as its pure silver and not one of the other compounds like silver sulphate.
The other piece of info is, silver bonds with the sulfur in air and thats what gives your silver ware that black spots. This new compound is called silver sulphate.
Silver particles left sitting on those branches will form this bond fairly quickly imho.
So i choose not to take in CS this way.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
@SmithsJunk one other info. It seems colloidal silver works by bonding with the copper in the plant tissue. So even whatever gets in to the plant is not plain old silver anymore.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Ok i’m gonna throw some info out there and i’m going to say that i’m not suggesting this is what takes place in this specific case but its just a possible scenario.
I’m reading on nebulizing CS to help with lung and respiratory system problems. Now this “holistic” or “alternative” therapy is listed on many alternative medicine sites. They claim nebulizing CS is perfectly safe as long as its pure silver and not one of the other compounds like silver sulphate.
The other piece of info is, silver bonds with the sulfur in air and thats what gives your silver ware that black spots. This new compound is called silver sulphate.
Silver particles left sitting on those branches will form this bond fairly quickly imho.

OK, if that's true then good argument for not smoking treated branches. Which, I wouldn't smoke either. But it doesn't explain why the rest of the plant and pollen treated plants are unsafe.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

So I've been throwing around the idea of using colloidal silver on a flowering a female to get pollen for female seeds. My question is, can I just spray it on one of the lower branches making sure not to get it on other areas and will the buds still be ok on the non sprayed areas or will it affect the plant as a whole. Also, on female I pollinate, can I again just pollinate a lower branch and just get seeds on that branch and have the rest of the buds be ok. As long as the pollen doesnt get away from me? Haha
yes u can just pollinate a branch and mark it but often wen doing that youl get some seeds in the surrounding nugs depending how careful u are.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

@SmithsJunk one other info. It seems colloidal silver works by bonding with the copper in the plant tissue. So even whatever gets in to the plant is not plain old silver anymore.

And it makes smoking it more dangerous now that copper that already existed in the plant is bonded with silver?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

IDK, but I would not smoke CS treated anything..In fact I wouldn't drink it either..That's me, and if it's BS..no problem; since like @CrimsonEcho I have more than enough untreated Cannabis to keep me and mine for a Loooong time.. I hate to say this, but since I can't legally give away more than an ounce of flower to anyone..I have to throw away more weed than I care to think about..The bright side is that life is too short to smoke mids, or lowers if one doesn't have to..

I survived DDT, and other shit in the 50's and 60's..not going to tempt fate with CS when there is absolutely no need....
i don't think he,s asking if he can smoke any of the cs treated plant .i think he,s asking if he can take pollon from a cs treated plant pollinate one branch of another normal female and still smoke the rest of the unpollinated nugs on the normal plant.and the answer is yes he can.no problems atall.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
And it makes smoking it more dangerous now that copper that already existed in the plant is bonded with silver?
Not necessarily but you are not smoking pure silver anymore, its a whole different alloy now (which may be harmful too). Just another info.
Also normally the plant uses that copper to produce ethylene which in this case it can’t. I’m not sure if it stays deposited in the cells tho.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
i don't think he,s asking if he can smoke any of the cs treated plant .i think he,s asking if he can take pollon from a cs treated plant pollinate one branch of another normal female and still smoke the rest of the unpollinated nugs on the normal plant.and the answer is yes he can.no problems atall.
No man read the first post carefully. He’s asking if he can spray at the lower branches or flowering sites and smoke the rest.
When the situation is like you described, i’m on board too.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The colloidal silver isn't a problem unless you smoke it. There is no movement of the silver ions to anywhere else on the plant except the site where it was applied. Smoking heats the silver and can cause some reactions that don't happen without the added heat. Bottom line...don't smoke any treated branches. Any non treated areas should be fine as well as any plants that comes from the treated seeds. Silver is fairly reactive and I wouldn't recommend smoking anything directly treated with it...anything that comes from the treated seeds or non treated branches should be fine.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

In that case, my answer would also be YES..My understanding is that the pollen and seeds made from a CS treated plant are safe

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

The colloidal silver isn't a problem unless you smoke it. There is no movement of the silver ions to anywhere else on the plant except the site where it was applied. Smoking heats the silver and can cause some reactions that don't happen without the added heat. Bottom line...don't smoke any treated branches. Any non treated areas should be fine as well as any plants that comes from the treated seeds. Silver is fairly reactive and I wouldn't recommend smoking anything directly treated with it...anything that comes from the treated seeds or non treated branches should be fine.
Then if CS bonds with copper, and copper is a semi mobile element...
Hmmmm..very interesting AND Ima still not smoking any of it..LOL

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I’ll say all my reading shows that silver is pretty stable.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I’ll say all my reading shows that silver is pretty stable.
Silver is fairly stable but is reactive to some other chemicals. Silver compounds are used in photography as the silver compound is VERY reactive to light. Sulfur in the air combines with it to make the Silver tarnish. It is also surprisingly antibacterial and used in a lot of medical concoctions. It is stable but reactive...does that make sense?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Silver is fairly stable but is reactive to some other chemicals. Silver compounds are used in photography as the silver compound is VERY reactive to light. Sulfur in the air combines with it to make the Silver tarnish. It is also surprisingly antibacterial and used in a lot of medical concoctions. It is stable but reactive...does that make sense?
Well it is not used in its pure form in film photography as i remember. Silver bromide and other salts is mostly what it is.
I know sulfur bounds with silver, i mentioned it in an earlier post. Well, i don’t think getting tarnished in a time window of years should be considered reactive but i get what you mean.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I looked this up and you are confusing two completely different compounds. Tarnish is silver sulfide Ag2S and silver sulfate is Ag2SO4. Tarnish is harmless, and even if it were toxic, there isn't even enough on my leaves to cause a color change.

I'll give you this props, IF tarnish were silver sulfate I would definitely not want to smoke it.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I forgot to mention, well, because I was stoned. I worked in precious metals for more than a decade and in that time I was exposed to fumes of nitric acid and silver 5-6 days a week on average. I personally handled millions of ozt of silver yearly, most of it tarnished. Looking back I was actually healthier in that decade than any other time in my life. Oh, and I carried a tarnished .999 silver eagle with me at all times. I began to carry it as an exercise in knowing silver so well I could tell a counterfeit coin/round by touch. It became my "fidget spinner". Always handling it. Like my lucky coin. If I could have afforded to do that with a gold coin I would have as well. But counterfeit gold is easy to recognise, so it's wasn't necessary.

If there were any negative side effects to exposure I think I'd have known.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I looked this up and you are confusing two completely different compounds. Tarnish is silver sulfide Ag2S and silver sulfate is Ag2SO4. Tarnish is harmless, and even if it were toxic, there isn't even enough on my leaves to cause a color change.

I'll give you this props, IF tarnish were silver sulfate I would definitely not want to smoke it.
Dude. I wrote that wrong. It’s silver sulfide. But i’m not going to smoke tarnish regardless of what its called. You can, it’s your call.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I forgot to mention, well, because I was stoned. I worked in precious metals for more than a decade and in that time I was exposed to fumes of nitric acid and silver 5-6 days a week on average. I personally handled millions of ozt of silver yearly, most of it tarnished. Looking back I was actually healthier in that decade than any other time in my life. Oh, and I carried a tarnished .999 silver eagle with me at all times. I began to carry it as an exercise in knowing silver so well I could tell a counterfeit coin/round by touch. It became my "fidget spinner". Always handling it. Like my lucky coin. If I could have afforded to do that with a gold coin I would have as well. But counterfeit gold is easy to recognise, so it's wasn't necessary.

If there were any negative side effects to exposure I think I'd have known.
This is such a reductionist way of looking at things. Not all smokers get cancer.
I’m not saying tarnish is deadly. I’m just saying i don’t want it in my lungs.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

This is such a reductionist way of looking at things. Not all smoker get cancer.
I’m not saying tarnish is deadly. I’m just saying i don’t want it in my lungs.

No, I'm not talking about tarnish by itself but that i was exposed to silver in various ways/forms and never developed a negative reaction, nor did anyone I knew in the industry. Including the guys that did the scrap melts. I didn't know anyone in the industry who was stick often (and I knew a lot of people). We were a pretty healthy bunch, overall.

That's gotta be worth somethin.

Top Bottom