Hi All - Who's got some experience growing feminized
seeds? Some companies are going total fem. like
Greenhouse seeds. Others like THSEEDS are
resisting going that direction. Jason King along
with DJ SHORT and other luminaries are saying
resulting product is more bland and will produce
more hermafrodites and even the gibb. acid is
toxic. I was going to buy Bubba Kush from
Dr. Greenthumb and suddenly he went total fem.
not selling "regular" seeds? These fem-bots are
"harhsing my mellow" not to mention creating an
unnatural homogenization (sp) of the entire
marijuana gene pool. I started smoking pot in
1966. You could say "this is nice Mexican pot" if
you were smoking Mex. or "nice Columbian" if
smoking Columbian. Now It's "nice feminized
Afgani, Mex, Columbian,Thai. cross". Got some
input?????

S

sound1744

i just grew 6 seedlings to veg stage of 18 inches. switched to 12/12 and only one was a female. :mad0229:

thats why all the seed breeders are turning to fems.

if you've only a small grow space fem seeds are a must.

peace.

B

Bullwinklemoose

Friendo, I tried GHS femd SSH. Only one out the five cracked. DP's femd BB are absolute crap, but I have had great success with their femd S Cough. perhaps their success is strain dependant? Regardless, I will never bother with femd seeds ever again.

D

dhhbomb

if done right nothing wrong with fem seeds but i hate when you cant get regular seeds then you cant breed your own instead of reordering i think some breeders are doing this so those who done clone will have to keep reodering seeds

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Well on my first hydro grow (in other words, a lot of stress on plants!) I ran some Barney's Fem seeds that turned out great. Ended up going 70 days, no hermie issues.

Seems to me that fem seeds would be one way for breeders to control their genetics and keep others from making F2's. And for customers who would not have access to clones or males would really keep the people coming back to buy more than they might have to if they could start breeding their own.

JB

S

stones

ive grown ghs fem and had no hermie probs whatsoever the alaskan ice however was crap only one plant survived the damm strain aint stable!

M

Mr.Therapy Man

I grew that shitty Ice too,I waisted grow space.All mine grew and flowered, the weed was stretchy and no BUZZ

M

Mr.Therapy Man

I also have GHS Trainwreck with no complaints.Great weed with no hermies

Solidopc

Solidopc

Fem seeds get a bad rep. For no reason in my opinion. I've grown loads of fems and regs, and the last few years i think fem seeds have become top quality, and are even better than regs in alot of cases. The hermie thing is rubbish in my experience. I've never had a hermie from a fem seed, but have had a few from regs. These days nobody i know stresses their plants to make fem seeds, and females selected are often put through stress to ensure they dont carry a hermie trait.

Some really good companies ive tried are sweetseeds and pyramid seeds. Real top quality shit from these guys, nothing but excellent bud. I'd recommend them to anyone, particulary the sweetseeds black jack, jack47 and psicodelicia.

M

MediVapeMan

I've been using fem seeds for a couple years with no problems until recently. Had a batch of Himalaya Gold from GH seeds go hermie on me week 6-7 flower. Keep an eye out for hermies if you go fem!

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Very funny about the Ice, i know a guy who grew a whole bunch of that stuff, vegged and flowered ok but taste was bad and smoked more like hemp than kind bud. Got some from him and after couple spliffs gave it back! That was a first for me.

JB

R

Rocky Top

I can see why somepeople would want to use fems but for me personally, I prefer the regular seeds. I am always on the lookout for those elite strains and I refuse to look at fems or that type of quality.

The last order I got from Attitude, I ordered a Whiteberry and a Blue Cheese for shits and giggles. The whiteberry was a very strong and vigorus plant. She grew large, sticky buds that had a very powerful, pungent smell. Everything really looked awesome. I chopped and cured as I usually do. Then I had a smoke test and Whiteberry is nothing but average bud INHO. Not impressed at all. I ended up giving away a 1/4 pound of Whiteberry.

The Blue Cheese was exactly the same...beautiful plant...nice resin production...the smell is absolutely to die for. Probably one of the best smelling plants I have ever grown. The buzz is actually pretty good but I have much better strains in my grow room.

I understand people wanting to use fems. They have their place. However, for me, I will only use them for those "foo-foo" strains that everyone wants to try. I enjoy the quest for that once in a lifetime find that can only be found in regular seeds. My purchases of female seeds will be only as a after thought.

M

MADISM

Rocky Tops- You must have grown it wrong or cured it wrong because i think White Berry is by far one of the best smoke. Every one i have smoked it with had nothing but amazing things to say. I had a purple Pheno and it was even more amazing then the others. White Berry is by far one of my favorites. Great taste! Amazing looks! and a nice and clean high

A

acubus

Run GHS-Lemon Skunk and Strawberry Haze fems. The Lemon Skunk was nice...shit yield though. The Strawberry Haze was bunk. No herms on either. I only had a 5 pack of each to judge. I should've just run a 10 pack of the Lemon Skunk.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
crappy genetics = crappy heb

I am seeing lots of folks saying they got weak genetics in fem seed form and blaming the weakness on the fem seeds rather than fact that the strain was not great to start with.

As all know i grew some fem bluecheese and agree great smell and taste, very nice high, not the strongest pot. For me that is better than expected from Barney seeds blue cheese.

Next time try some white fire fems or sensi star fems and see how those do ya.

As for hermie issues, seems easier to blame fem seeds than admit farmer could have stressed plants.

I think fem seeds are fine for hobby growers, big issue is for people who want to breed hybrids or f2 rather than buy more seeds. Gives some more control to the breeders maybe.

JB

Top Bottom