Fendersuper's 2017 First Grow Ever, Kosher Kush.

• Thread starter FenderSuper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FenderSuper

FenderSuper

OK, progress at last. Got the pots all filled, teenagers transplanted and now waiting on the growing thang, but it they all grew a lot in the past week. Transplanted yesterday. One thing I can tell you I'm saving all this soil with the idea I can amend it back to life.

Greenhouse1
Rootball1
Rootball2
Fendersupers 2017 first grow ever kosher kush 4
Fendersupers 2017 first grow ever kosher kush 5
Greenhouse1
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Looks good, root balls are exelenty. Are you using any natural root additive?

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

Thanks, man!!! The Kosher Kush is doing really well. I now have the hang of ph-balancing water. Four 45 gallon pots and two 30-gallon pots. Getting the hang of setting water PH. Wish it was practical to do batches larger than a coffee pot full, by my efforts to ph-balance five gallons in one swoop have been less than successful. So I ph-balance a coffee pot at a time until I have enough water in the watering can to do a few plants.

This week, I'll put Kirkland dryer sheets over the top of the soil (hence the poop bottles) to keep thrips and fungus gnats at bay. I'm also buying some ladybugs to release in the greenhouse. Let them eat up all them critters, from aphids to thrips.

I'm installing soda-bottle drip irrigation and in a week or so, when the plants are fully established, I might hit them with a little compost tea, but mostly, I want to give the mycorrhiza fungus a chance to settle into the roots and do its magic. Patio Plus is amended to the point it can grow these plants for about a month. After that, it'll be topcoats until the roots find the subcool soil below the straight bag soil. I sure as shit hopes this works, or my wife will execute me.

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Here's a trick

I use .75ml ph down to get my water to 6.4 from an 7.6 starting ph per gallon. 3.75ml ph down per 5 gallons.

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

Here's a trick

I use .75ml ph down to get my water to 6.4 from an 7.6 starting ph per gallon. 3.75ml ph down per 5 gallons.
I have found each day is different, even with the same bucket of water. Even the time of day and water temperature make a difference. I use white vinegar for PH down, anyway.

Irietime

Irietime

OK, progress at last. Got the pots all filled, teenagers transplanted and now waiting on the growing thang, but it they all grew a lot in the past week. Transplanted yesterday. One thing I can tell you I'm saving all this soil with the idea I can amend it back to life.
Sweet set up, subbed. Are you doing light dep?

Irietime

Irietime

I hear ya, especially for your first grow. Light dep adds a bit of work too, pulling tarps everyday at the same time in such. Looking good. Peace

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

I hear ya, especially for your first grow. Light dep adds a bit of work too, pulling tarps everyday at the same time in such. Looking good. Peace
That's not to say I won't put a couple hours of supplemental light on them as the daylight fades, to ensure they stay in veg. I have 300W equivalent of LED lighting in there, in clamp-light fixtures. The reflectors are beer cans (in essence) but the dents don't bother me as long as the light is dispersed. I want to flip them in mid-August. That way, I can harvest in mid-October.

Top Bottom